In which Kris is the King

Wife for Hire?

 

“We’re going to have our senior school trip soon,” our professor announces. School trip?

What are we, elementary school students? Why do we have to go on school trips.

Murmurs went across the room, “Where are we going?”

“London? Paris?”

Questions buzzing, which were left unanswered. As if our school would be able to afford going to those gorgeous European countries. Stop dreaming and wake up,

“We’re going to Japan,” our professor announced, oh cool. I always wanted to go to Japan.

Someone students let out a sound of disappointment while some cheered. Well, I don’t really care about the trip that much. As soon as they feed us, I’ll be fine.

“The trip will be five days long, it’ll consist of fun activities, so don’t worry,” he reassured.

According to school, ‘fun activities’ consist of writing a twenty paged report about the history of whichever country. Let me just drown myself. And 5 days of those ‘fun activities’. Yay.

At lunch, we were discussing the rooming plans.

“Heejin, how about we share one room?” Kris asks, acting as if he were trying to seduce a ing potato. I act to be entirely captured by his charisma, “Sure, I’d love to,” I sarcastically reply.

As if I would, it’s like throwing myself in a ing pit of snakes. So no, Kris.

He just laughs while Lu Han throws a glare at him, “Calm down, no one would want to sleep with a girl with a ual appeal of a potato,” he says, and now I’m the one to glare at him.

“I’ll kill you,” I threaten him,

“Please do the honors,” the rest of exo says, while Kris just stares at them.

“Okay, let’s take this seriously,” Su Ho says, finally someone who has the right mindset.

“I’ll go with Baekhyun,” Chanyeol immediately decides, while Baekhyun glares at him. “I didn’t even say yes, yet!” he argues.

“Well, it’s not like your decision matters anyway,” Chanyeol says it as if it were a matter of fact. Baekhyun rolls his eyes,

Chen decided to go with Su Ho, Kris went with Tao, Lay went with Xiumin and Kai went with Kyungsoo.

“Well, I’m obviously going with Heeji-“ Lu Han was cut off by Kris, “I don’t think the school will allow girls and guys to share a room,” he says.

“You know, the things that could happen-“ Kai is cut off by the sound of Sehun groaning in disgust, and Su Ho clearing his throat upon this embarrassing topic,

“Well, too bad because even If I don’t get to share a room with her, I’ll sneak in,” he argues, I throw a paper ball at him as I glare.

“We didn’t need to know about your plan,” Sehun groans, obviously horrified by the thought.

Our argument were cut off by someone clearing their throat, we looked up. It was ing Han Na, the sight of her face makes me want to retch.

I could hear exo making sounds of infuriation, he, so they hate her too. I’m glad.

“Heejin, the teacher wanted to tell you something,” she says while flinging her hair back, thinking she’s beautiful and all. Please, stop trying.

“What was it?” I ask, hurriedly. Can she just tell me and get the away from here. Thanks, I just wanted to eat my lunch peacefully but she decides to bring her here.

“She wanted to tell you who was going to be your roommate for the trip,” she prolongs, I roll my eyes.

“Just tell her, and go away,” Lu Han snaps while the rest of exo nods in agreement, ha. Han Na, furrows her eyebrows in annoyance.

“Fine! She told me to inform you that you’re going to be sharing a room with me on the trip,” she finally answers then immediately starts walking away. Not even waiting for my response.

My mouth just opens, not finding the words to say.

Excuse me.

Sharing a ing room with that woman? I’d rather go share a room with Kris, let me just cry. The rest of exo just bursts into laughter, “This is going to be good,” Baekhyun says before he erupts into fits of laughter.

Oh my goodness.

Lu Han just looked at me in worry, ‘try to not murder her’ was the look he was sending me.

 

Two days after that was the school trip, I managed to pack at the last minute. Anyway, we boarded the plane, and I sat beside Lu Han. It’s not like I even had a choice because he dragged me all the way to sit with him.

I’m thankful that the teachers didn’t tell us to sit with our roommates or else I would jumped off the plane, if I could.

The trip itself wasn’t very long, four hours at maximum. But I couldn’t even sleep due to the noise level other people were making, the school ended up chartering a whole plane just for our year level. Must’ve cost a lot.

Lu Han though, he was basically knocked out. He was sleeping soundlessly, head leaning on my shoulder. I wanted to pry it off because his head is pretty heavy. But, I couldn’t afford to do it. So I had to stay in one position throughout the whole ride because I didn’t want to wake him up.

I’m so thoughtful.

“Heejin, hmmm” he mumbles, is he actually sleeping or is he awake?

He doesn’t say anything after that, he just stays silent so I guess he really was sleeping. But he called my name in his sleep? What was he dreaming about?

Throughout the whole four hours, he called my name about six times—

That makes me really curious.

We then landed, but not long after that, we had to ride a bus to reach our actual destination. It took about seven more hours to get to Kyoto from Narita.

Let me kill myself. I hate long trips, and even on the way to our hotel, Lu Han was still sleeping. Is he even awake?

But, I ended up dozing off later on. So that was good.

As we arrived, I decided to go sightseeing, our hotel was on the less populated part of the prefecture, so it wasn’t really that noisy or filled with tons of people. That was good.

We were pretty much circulated by forests and some shrines here and there, the view was truly enticing though.

I’ll stop blabbering about the view and get on with the story. Okay?

So, since it was the first day. The teachers were nice enough to give us time to have fun, and by have fun they meant we could play games and go look around the hotel.

“Since we’re in Japan, let’s play the king game,” Chen suggests, the members agree. As usual, they’re going to play a ing game again and I have no choice but to join.

“Okay, how do you play this ?” I ask,

“We’ll pick out strips of paper, and it’ll have numbers in it.”

“There’s going to be a single paper with a red tip at the end of it, and whoever gets that strip is the King.” Chen continues on explaining.

“The King will then have to choose two numbers, and whoever has those two numbers will have to follow whatever the King orders them to, also. The King’s orders are absolute!” he adds.

“The King will be different  for every turn,” Xiumin elaborates.

I nod, understanding the concept. But, I can’t be sure when I’m playing games with these idiots. They come up with the most horrible orders. I’m going to get killed.

We sat down and formed a circle, Su Ho started making us pick a strip of paper. I got the number 8.  I wonder who the King is.

As we all picked one, “Who’s the King?” Kyungsoo asks, eyes wide as it usually is.

“I am,” Kai says with a huge smirk on his face. No— Out of all people, it had to be Kai. He was the most sadistic.

“Numbers 7 and 4 has to do an eskimo kiss in front of everyone for 30 seconds,” he orders.  I let out a sigh of relief, eyes scanning to room to see who were number seven and four.

I could see beads of sweat dripping on Sehun’s forehead, ha. And I scanned some more, I could see Tao swallowing loudly.

Ha, this is going to be good.

Sehun and Tao uneasily stood up from their seats, “Okay, we can do this,” Tao’s heavy accent visible, the other members were trying to hold back their laughter.

Sehun took a deep breath and started leaning in, and Tao started brushing their noses together, Sehun was trying to supress a smile on his face, while Tao on the other hand was already showing a huge grin on his face.

Chanyeol started laughing really loudly and the others including me started joining him.

This is hilarious!

They finally finished and the both of them went back to their seats, head hung low due to embarrassment. The other members couldn’t stop making fun of them.

“Oooh, did I sense in there?” Chen teases, the others laugh,

“Hyung, you’re disgusting,” Sehun groans.

Then we had to pick again. I got the red tipped strip. yes. They all better bow down, Heejin is King.

“I’m the King!” I exclaim loudly, the other members shudder. Haha, be prepared peasants.

“I order number 10 to sit on number 3’s lap and whisper a ual innuendo in his ears while number 3 hugs number 10 tightly in the waist,” I order.

I could see everyone gasping upon my order, ha.

I could see Kris placing his face on his palm, and Lu Han cursing silently. I’m going to cry, I dug my own grave by picking my own boyfriend.

This is going to be hilarious,

Since Lu Han was 10, he was the one who had to sit on Kris’ lap, Kris immediately envelops his arms around Lu Han’s waist, I was already laughing out loud and so was everyone at this point.  

“We didn’t even start yet!” Lu Han snaps in embarrassment.

Lu Han starts leaning in towards Kris’ ears and started whispering something we weren’t able to hear, and I swear I could see Kris turning red, let me just cry.

If I could cry in tears right now, I would. Like .

“Stay in that position for twenty more seconds,” I order, Kris glaring at me. Lu Han was shaking in embarrassment.

Oh my goodness. Tears in my eyes.

Chanyeol and Chen were laughing so hard, I can’t even.

And twenty seconds passed and Lu Han immediately got off Kris’ lap and ran back beside me. He was so red, and I laughed at his face.

“Heejin, aren’t you jealous?” Baekhyun laughs, and I look at him, “I’m so jealous right now,” I muse as they laugh.

As we calmed down, we started picking again. I got 4 this time.

The King was Kris, let me ing kill myself now before he even says the dare. I’m pretty sure that fate will go against me.

“I order number 4 to sit on number 6's lap and kiss that person on the lips, passionately,” he orders.

Oh my ing goodness.

 

 

 

 

Long chapter is long! Anyway, I'm on the way of writing the next chapter because I have nothing to do. So, who do you think is number 6? /insert Intense background music here. DUN DUN DUN.

==, there will be a LOT of things that'll happen on the trip, happy things but mostly drama. Stay tuned. 

Please comment and subscribe, you know I love those!