The Slowest Hour

Wife for Hire?

It's currently night time here, its raining hard outside. The rain pattered hard on the windows. Thunder rolled across the sky. 

I don't really care about the storm that's currently brewing, but it the thunder needs to shut the up because I'm trying to study. The stupid devil boy is just lying on his bed tucked in layers of blankets and comforters switching from channel to channel. Half an hour passed and the storm didn't seem to subside but instead, gets worse. I sigh in frustration and gave up. I can't concentrate with the noise.

Time seemed to stop when the lights went out.

Here's a fun fact : Heejin has Nyctophobia, which means I'm scared less of the dark. Yes, I know I am 20 years of age but that doesn't change the fact that I still get scared of the dark. 

Without knowing, I was already shivering. In fear. Why did we even have a blackout? Don't they have generators here? .

"Lu Han!" I called out, trying to make my voice as clear as possible.

"What?" he calmly asks. He doesn't know that I have nyctophobia. If he does, I bet he'll laugh at me. Stupid.

"W-When will the lights go back on?" I asked in panic, it showed on my shaky voice. 

"I have no idea, just wait. It'll probably come back soon" He reassured me.  I just stayed silent patiently waiting for the lights to go back on.

Half an hour passed and my so called patience burned out. I'm scared out of my wits, shivering. I'm trying to close out the horrifying thoughts going through my head. ing darkness.

I heard a knock on the door and I let out a whimper. I'm so scared. , help.

"M-Master, it seems like the whole city is out of electricity. The radio says that it should be back in an hour" the maid announced.  An hour? An Hour? Do you expect me to still be alive after an hour engulfed in darkness?

Right now, I'm only alive but barely breathing.

"Oh okay" Lu Han calmly replies. With that, the maid excited her room.

The thunder started getting louder and louder, without knowing. Tears started rolling down my eyes. I'm so scared.

If there were anything that I hated in the world more than the stupid devil boy, it would be darkness. Yes, it's that bad.

I started sobbing lightly, I hear shiftings of fabrics from my back. Lu Han must've noticed.

"Yah, are you okay?" he asks, worry in his voice. I'm surprised he hasn't laughed at me yet. Before I could manage to reply, thunder started rolling in and it kept my mouth shut.

Instead, I nodded in response. Which was stupid, because he probably couldn't see me nodding my head in this darkness.

"I-I'm scared of the dark" I confessed. You better not ing laugh you devil boy.

"Come here" he orders me. , I would've went there if I could. I can't even see anything.

"I can't see anything" I complained. I only hear him sigh in frustration. 

"Fine, stay there then" I hear him say. Is he that heartless? Mindless? No one who care about me.  Stupid annoying devil.

I stood up shakily, and closed my eyes. It didn't matter anyway, since I can't see anything in the first place. To help me along the way, I used my hands to feel any obstacles if there were any.

I then felt my knee bump into the soft mattress of Lu Han's bed. I used my hand to feel the mattress to pull myself up. 

I felt his hands grab my wrist to pull me up. My ing heart is beating fast and I can't tell if it's because of fear or the skinship.

It has only been 15 minutes since the maid told us to wait for an hour. 45 minutes left of this madness. I'm only 30 centimeters away from Lu Han. He's just lying covered by the blankets, staring at the ceiling. It's weird that no matter how dark it is right now, I can see him. It's as if he's glowing or something. That's just weird, but really. It's as if he eats lightbulbs or something. 

I didn't notice that I myself was unconsiouscly observing his feautures. His eyes, his nose and his pink lips. The way his hair falls down on his face. I'm really weird but I can't stop myself.

I'm still shivering but being close to someone helped a bit. That comfort was soon gone when strong gusts of wind started hitting the window panes and started to make banging noises. I rolled up into a ball and covered my ears to block out the sounds.

This isn't helping. And to the fact that I'm having weird hallucinations of paranormal stuff isn't good.

That white shirt hanging on the doorknob. It's actually a headless creature and it's going to kill me any second. That shadow on the window, it's holding a knife.

Everything is just so...

I'm living a nightmare, right now.

I started crying and crying. I was studying calmly 30 minutes ago but now I'm a mess. 

I felt someone hugging me. Who else would've hugged me in this room? A monster? No. The devil. He's on side and hugging me tightly. We're covered by the thick layers of the blankets. It's so warm. It makes me feel protected. As much as I found this weird and awkward. I didn't want him to let go either.

I've started calming down, "Shhh, It's okay. I'm right here" as he assures me. And for some reason, I do believe it. 

I don't mind 45 minutes being engulfed by his embrace.

This is really securing. Thank you, devil boy.

I felt my heartbeat accelerate by every second. I think I know the cause of this. And, it's not the fear or the dark nor the fear of the banging noises. But because of this stupid guy hugging me, as if to protect me from those horrifying delusions I have.

I might be really falling for him right now.

My tears stopped falling as I buried my face to his chest. I could hear his heartbeat, beating as fast as mine but it started getting slower. He might've fallen asleep, wiithout knowing it, I started dozing off as well. 

 

I didn't have any nightmares that night, except sweet dreams.

 

Lu Han's POV

I couldn't help myself but to feel protective when she started crying. I felt helpless. I wanted to comfort her. Stupid girl getting scared by the darkness.

Don't worry. I'm right here. So stop crying.

I knew she was going to come over, psh. She can't live without me.

As the wind got stronger, I see her roll up in fear. Without knowing it, I felt myself reaching for her. Embracing her. I thought this was queer, but if this comforts her. I don't mind.

I felt my heartbeat get faster and faster by every passing second. And for some reason, I don't find it as weird anymore. 

I might know the cause. 

I might be falling in love with this stupid girl.

Or am I really?

Maybe this is just a childish infatuation.

Well, I'll figure it out soon.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Guys, I had so much fun writing this chapter! So much cheese. Cryingggggg, Lulu stop it. Crying I'm so lame, fangirling over my own fic. Really lame.

If you are wondering how the maid heard the radio station. The radio station is from another city and the radio she has is battery supported so, it doesn't need electricity. No one cares about this useless information...yeah...no one..cryinggg

Anyways, I hope you guys like it!

Look forward to more updates soon~

Thank you for reading! Please comment *bbuing bbuing* 

Please comment and subscribe! I really appreciate comments, they inspire me to write more! ^^