I Love Him

Wife for Hire?

 

Lay's POV

 

I was lying, I didn't go to the washroom to do business. I just went to buy the bracelet she was eyeing.

She looked like she really wanted it.

I don't know why I'm spending so much money for her, but I feel like she's worth it, so I do anyway.

As the afternoon passed, we were still roaming around the streets. We were talking a lot about some stuff.

She was really fun to be with. Lu Han-hyung is so lucky to have her as her fiancee.

She was always thankful when I did the smallest things for her, like opening the door and stuff. She's basically my ideal type.

I should stop.

This is wrong. She's already engaged.

Yeah, I'll just wait for the right girl for me.

I soon notice that she was limping, I look down on her foot. She was wearing 4inch heels. Her foot was really red, she even got blisters. I'm so stupid, I didn't even notice.

I basically dragged her in the beginning. Her feet must be hurting so much. She should've just told me.

I poke her shoulder hoping to catch her attention, she looks at me with a tilted head. She's so cute.

"Get on my back" I demand. Ugh, that sounded too possessive.

Yeah.

She just looks at me in confusion, "Why?" she asks.

"I know your foot hurts" I point out. She looks down at her own feet and just smiles, "It's okay, I can manage" she insists.

I just roll my eyes, she's stubborn.

I crouch and signal her to go on my back, she just stands there.

"No" she argues.

"Yes" I insist

"No"

"Yes"

"Fine" she says. She gives in too easily. As she gets into my back, she just holds on to my shoulders.

Hmmm, she won't put it around my neck? We'll see.

I pretend to falter, she lets out a shriek and wraps her arms around my neck. That's right. Stay.

What am I even doing? Zhang Yixing, she's already engaged. To my hyung. It's not helping.

I really should stop.

We started walking back to school because it was time for school to end. She told me she needs to go home with Lu Han or else she'll be in trouble.

As we were only a few steps from our school gates, she told me to put her down. So I did.

She reassured me that her foot doesn't hurt that much. Good.

I pretended to stretch and massage my back, "Finally, you were so heavy" I lied. She wasn't.

She just looks at me in disbelief, "You meanie" she whines.

I laugh, "Just kidding". She stares at me "You better be" she says. I smile at her and she does the same.

I'll let her go first because someone might see us together and misunderstand. And she had to go first because she had to put the books I bought for her at her new locker. She decided to just get a new locker because you never know when those girls strike.

Before she started to walk away, I tossed her a small box. In it is the silver bracelet she wanted.

"What is this?" she said as she caught it.

"Open it" I urge. She just looks at me weirdly and opens the box. When she did, her eyes sparkled. She smiled widely and looked at me.

"Thank you so much" she thanked. I just smile at her. She looks so happy. She's having trouble putting it on though.

"Want me to put in on for you?" I offer. She just nods.

As I finally lock the bracelet in, she smiles again. "When did you even get this?" she asks curiously. I smile, "When I went to the washroom" I smirk.

She just looks at me with furrowed eyebrows, "So, you lied to me?" she asks.

I stuck my tongue out playfully, as she rolls her eyes.

"Thank you so so so much, I really had fun today" she thanked again. I'm glad she had fun.

How did it even go from buying books to giving bracelets?

"You're very welcome, let's go out some other time again" I say.

She just nods and starts to walk the other way. I see her wave and smile.

I found myself smiling back.

This is really wrong.

Don't even start falling for her. Please.

 

Heejin's POV

 

Lay is just a perfect human being, seriously. I had too much fun today and I don't know how I'll be able to repay him.

But I'll find a way somehow.

As I put my books into my new locker. Hopefully, the stupid devil's fangirls won't find about it.

Atleast, not anytime soon.

I was smiling all the way out, until I saw the stupid devil standing at the school gates.

Frowning.

 

Lu Han's POV

 

Guess who I'm seeing now? The stupid woman.

Where did she even go? I don't see Lay with her though. Maybe it was just a coincidence that they skipped school at the same time, right?

Probably.

I just stare at her, "Where were you?" I ask, demanding an answer.

She just furrows her eyebrows, "Oh, now you're in a better mood, huh? I just went out" she replies, simply.

Friend? She had friends?

"You had a friend?" I ask with a smirk on my face.

I see her roll her eyes in annoyance, "Let's just go home, stupid" she complains. I just roll my eyes and enter the car.

I see a small box in her hands, "What's that?" I ask while pointing at the said object.

She just looks at me, "Stop asking so much questions" she whines.

Is she moody or what? This girl, I swear. She looked so happy standing at the school gates until she saw me.

"Fine" I said. We didn't utter a single word until we got home.

 

As I opened the door to my house, I see a familiar figure with worry visible in her face. I squint to get a clearer view.

 

"MOM!?" I shout.

What is she doing here? Oh, .

She immediately runs to hug me, ughh. She's killing me. I can't even breathe.

"I came here, because I heard you twisted your ankle, is my baby okay?" she asks.

I could hear the stupid woman supressing her laughter at my back. She's so stupid.

Ugh, mom stop treating me like a baby, this is so embarassing.

I totally forgot about the consequence of my mom having to come home. My plan backfired.

I'm so stupid.

"I'm fine now, mom" I say as I struggle out of her tight hug.

My mom seems to notice the presence of the stupid woman behind my back.

"Is she your fiancee?" she asks me.

I slowly nod. Is my mom going to judge her like dad did?

It was the opposite. Instead, she hugged her. My mom is the total opposite of my dad after all.

Really.

It amazes me how they even got along. Somehow it reminds me of me and the stupid woman.

huh?

forget what I just said or thought.

Yeah. Because me and that stupid woman will never get along.

I see the stupid woman struggling from my moms attack, I look at her with a smirk on my face.

She glares at me.

As my mom releases her from the hug, the stupid woman sighed in relief.

She introduced herself politely and my mom looked like she likes her. Good.

"I always wished to have a daughter but instead I got this stupid son" my mom jokes while pointing at me. I roll my eyes, just to see the stupid girl laughing at my mom's remark.

Ugh, she's so annoying. The stupid girl and my mom will probably get along.

This is going to be hell.

Out of the blue, my mom asks the awkwardest question. "Do you love my son?" she asks.

Both of our eyes widen, I find Heejin looking at me, mouthing "What do I say?"

I glare at her, "Just lie" I mouth.

She rolls her eyes and looks at my mother.

"I love him very much" she lies.

Ugh, I'm going to puke. But atleast, she can lie good.

"Mom, do you mind if I talk to her for a little bit?" I ask my mom.

My mom just nodded and smiled. Thankfully, my mom is nice.

 

As we went farther away from my mom, far enough so she won't be able to overhear.

"We have to act lovey dovey in front of my mom or else we'll get found out" I say.

She just looks at me at disbelief, "Me? Lovey dovey with you?" she asks.

I roll my eyes, "Now's not the time for that stupid woman. Do you want your tuition fee's to get payed or not?" I blackmail.

That's right, stupid woman.

I blackmail people as much as I want.

I see her sigh in frustration, "Fine" she replies.

That's right. Do what I tell you. Good girl.

"As a reward, I'll let you and Lay work here tomorrow" I say. I don't know why, but as soon as it came out of my mouth, there was a feeling in my chest.

Regret.

That's weird. Yeah, I'm probably just thinking things. Yeah. That was weird.

Okay, forget it. Whatever.

I see her face brighten, "Really!?" she asks. She looks so happy.

Stupid.

"Yeah, sure" I say.

"Thank youuuuu, baby" she mocks me. Yeah, this is why. She's so annoying.

But at least she's back to her normal self.

I roll my eyes, "Let's go" I say as I sigh.

This is going to be a long night.