For Once, I Like Being In The Cold

Wife for Hire?

 

Jun left and the house was gloomy again. But then, he told us that he's going to be back soon. That's a good thing.

Anyway, for the past few days the stupid devil has been damn grumpy for no reason at all and has been bossing around the house workers non-stop.

I feel bad for them and so, tonight. It's the day they were about to go grocery shopping but I told them that I'd go in their place.

They were hesitant at first, but then you know me.

I didn't stop til they gave in.

That's right.

I took the grocery list from them and proceeded my way out of the house, but then the grumpy devil came down and saw me on my way out. Dammit. He's going to bother me now.

"Where are you going late at night?" He asks in suspicion.

"Going to a late night club" I say with a hint of sarcasm in my voice. I see him wrinkle his nose, "Stop joking and answer the question properly" he snaps.

He knows when I'm lying.

I sigh in frustration, "I'm just going to go grocery shopping" I admit.

He looks at me in confusion, "Isn't that the house workers job?" he asks.

I roll my eyes, "Yes, but I want to go" I say.

"Why?" He asks. Can he just go away so I can get on with the grocery shopping.

"Just go away" I say, I see him shoot glares at me.

"I'm going with you then" He says.

I groan, "Whyyy?" I say as I stomp my foot on the ground. Right when I thought I was going to have a peaceful time for myself.

"Because it's already late at night and you know things might happen..." He trails off.

I raise an eyebrow at him, "What kind of things?" I urge.

I see him sigh, "What if someone suspicious approaches you?" he says.

Is he concerned? Ahw, I didn't even know he was possible to have that kind of emotion. Damn.

"Are you worried about me?" I ask, I see him stiffen at my remark. So he is.

I felt a smirk appearing at the corners of my lips. His cheeks are flushing. That's so cute.

"N-No, don't get ahead of yourself!" he denies.

I chuckle, "Okay, whatever floats your boat" I say.

"I'm really not worried or anything, okay?" He still insists.

"Okay, okay" I say, trying to hold in my laughter.

But I'm surprised he even cares for me. A tiny little surge of hope came to my chest. Heejin don't let your hopes up.

And so, he got changed and then we went to the bus stop since the store was farther as I thought it would be.

When we reached the bus stop, Lu Han observes the place.

"What? I have to ride a commoners way of transportation?" he asks.

Commoner? Ugh, this arrogant rich . I roll my eyes,

"Why yes, young master" I mock.

I see him sigh in frustation, "Is this your first time riding a bus?" I ask.

He nods.

"Hmmmm," I just hum.

It's no surprise, really. But then, it's when it hit me. This is the difference between the world he lives and I live.

He's so rich and everything. Smart, handsome and everything a girl could ask for. Well, except the jerky attitude.

But, what about me? I may be smart, and my looks aren't bad and even my personality isn't that great.

My parents could care less about me. I don't have the money to give myself an education, I can't even pay my appartment loan.

This is just depressing.

Lu Han must've felt my mood deplete, so he tried cheering me up. But it wasn't really effective. He's just not made for cheering other people up. Stop trying, stupid devil.

"Yah, why are you so depressed all of a sudden?" He asks. I don't reply.

"You were so happy a while ago and now you're down, I don't get you and your mood. Are you bipolar or something?" He continues. I scoff, he thinks he has the right to call me bipolar?

That sure is funny coming from him.

"You're one to talk" I mumble, he looks at me.

"Did you say something?" He asks.

I shake my head, stupid loser.

"Stop frowning, it makes you look uglier than usual" he says. This is his way of trying to cheer me up.

He insults me but he thinks it makes me feel better. Oh Lu Han. I'm not a masochist.

"Thank you for the compliment" I say sarcastically. I hear him sigh,

"No, really. Just smile, you look nice when you do" He says.

My heart just skipped a beat.

This , saying whatever he wants whenever he wants. Do you know the things you do to me? Stupid bastard.

I'm going to die young, my poor heart.

"Just shut up, the bus is here" I say just to get off the topic. Not knowing what to say to his cheeky remark.

I felt a small smile forming at the side of my lips. Dammit.

There was only one free seat at the bus, "Lu Han, you can sit" I tell him. Since this is his first time, I don't think he wants to go stand up.

He sits without any hesitation. I sigh, Atleast, act like a gentleman and insist for me to take the seat instead. Stupid.

I stand infront of him and take the handle. I don't really mind standing up, so it's fine. I guess.

That was until a ing guy started touching my body in weird places. I'm trying not to kick him in the balls right at this moment but my patience is not lasting very long.

I subtly moved away, this feels very uncomfortable.

Lu Han looked at me, he notices the look of discomfort in my face. He notices the guy behind me, his hand on my body. I see Lu Han's face distort in anger.

"Heejin, sit here" I hear him whisper, he stands up from his seat and then I take his place. He now took my place. I see him glare at the guy who publicly harassed me. Damn him.

I sigh in relief, it feels good to be away from that ert.

Lu Han looks at me softly, with a hint of worry in his eyes. He's trying not to show it but it's there.

"Are you okay?" He asks softly, I just nod.

We don't speak until we arrived at the store.

"I'm going to kill that guy" Lu Han hisses, I pat his shoulder

"It's okay, nothing happened anyway" I assure.

He looks at me, "Nothing? You call that nothing? He was touching you" he says in disgust.

I'm touched by his concern, it's kind of nice to see him get defensive and all.

"It's okay, it already happened, can't do anything about it. Let it go, okay?" I say.

He sighs in defeat, "Okay, but be careful next time." He says.

"Yes, yes" I say.

We went in the store and I took the needed items as fast as I could because the stupid devil was complaining every second.

"Hurry up", "This is taking too long", was his complaints. When he complained one more time, I look at him, "If you find this tiring, why did you ask to go in the first place?" I snap.

He didn't answer and just followed me silently.

That's right, stupid kid.

While we were shopping, Lu Han took a pig stuffed toy out of nowhere, I don't even know where he got that from a grocery store. Weird.

"Look, it looks like you" he says playfully as he points out to the stuffed toy.

I scoff, "Rude much" I say.

He laughs at his own insult. Lame. I'm a tigress, you know. Not a pig. Stupid.

We finished picking the items, and we sure bought a lot. Damn.

It's going to be heavy and Lu Han will probably complain on how heavy it is because he's such a girl.

But surprisingly, he took most of the bags and carried it on his own. Aww is the Princess now turning into a Prince?

I carried my own share. When we got out of the shop, it was chilling. , its cold. I should've brought my gloves. I'll get a frostbite.

I rubbed my palms together to keep me warm. Can spring just come soon, please.

"Are you cold?" Lu Han asks.

"Not really, you know. Just rubbing my palms because I feel like it" I answer sarcastically. He's so dumb. really.

"Is there ever a time where you're not sarcastic?" He asks.

"No, there are times when I'm even more sarcastic" I answer sarcastically once more. Damn, I must be so annoying.

I hear him sigh in frustration, "Whatever you say, stupid woman" he says.

"Stupid devil" I mumble.

The bus stop is so faraway, I hate life. We still have to walk for over 20 more minutes.

I keep on rubbing my palms together from time to time. When I was about to do it again, I felt his hand grab mine, I look at him in shock.

"W-What do you think you're doing?" I ask, . My heart calm yourself.

Our hands were intertwined, I looked down on it. My heart is going to burst, I swear it will, any second now.

"Because it's so annoying when you rub your palms together" He reasons. Smooth, very smooth. Nice reasoning Lu Han.

I felt my cheeks flush, dammit. I tighten my grip on his hands, and so did he. For some reason, his hand feels really warm. It makes me feel warm.

"Your hands are so warm" I say, before I could push the words back. Dammit. He must think I'm some kind of freak now. Who tells people they have warm hands anyway? Someone hit me.

"Are you warm now?" I hear him ask, I just hum in response. "It's better this way" he adds. Yes, it is.

We walked with our hands intertwined together, keeping each other warm.

For once, I like being in the cold. 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I'm dead, school is starting tomorrow. TT _ TT, help. I am hoping to not embarass myself tomorrow. Idk, I'll be so awkward again. It's my first day in highschool and I'm going to die of nervousness. Anyway, I'll stop talking about my life and talk about the story! How do you like this chapter? ;~; I felt myself giggling while writing this chapter, ugh... Holding hands ;~;

Guys, since school is starting I might not be able to update as fast as I was able to before but I will still try my best to update as often as I can. 

Thank you for reading!

Please comment and subscribe!