Get on my back

Wife for Hire?

 

I had to wait for a complete minute before I heard his reply. He just said, he'll think about it. It's already tuesday and tomorrow is wednesday. There's only the day after tomorrow.

He's so stupid, okay.

He was laughing two minutes ago and now he's frowning like a mad .

I didn't say anything else and just kept quiet, he better give me his ty decision tomorrow. He better agree or else.

 

The next morning we went to school as usual, but the stupid devil's mood is off. I mean he's annoying on a daily basis but today he was just y.

Seriously, he's pms'ing. He's worse than me.

I just decided to ignore him because dealing with him is no good.

As I went to get my books in my locker, all I saw was water dripping out of it.

I stare at it wide-eyed. I don't remember ing putting water on my books. I bought those books with my hard earned money. They cost at least 350,000 won each.

I ran to it and put my locker combination, and truly. All of my books were dripping wet. Pages were torn apart.

Why the hell does this school's locker safety is so crappy? How come they can easily open my damn lcoker.

I knew who did this, it's obviously the devil's fangirls. This is going too far. How will I be able to afford new books, now?

I can't just ask the stupid devil, he'll just think I'm a golddigger. And he'll ask who did this to me, or some .

How the hell will I study when my books are ing wet? I want to cry right now but I can't. I'm just so frustrated.

I was happy waking up this morning until I saw this.

I just stand there, looking at my books.

Until I hear footsteps behind me, I look to who it was.

It was Lay. His eyes widened because of the wet scene in front of him.

"T-They did this?" he ask in pure shock.

I just nod, still not being able to comprehend what just happened.

"Are you okay?" he asks with a hint of worry in his voice. I'm not.

"No, I worked so hard just to be able to afford those books" I say the truth. I see his hand move, up to my shoulders.

He starts to pat my back, softly.

Well, atleast he's good at reassuring people. This kind of makes me feel better.

But, still.

How will I be able to attend classes without my books? How?

I look at Lay and thank him. Seriously, he's the only one in the school who's nice to me. Well in the addition of exo too.

They're the only ones.

"Don't attend classes just for today, lets go to the bookshop" he suddenly tells me.

I can't skip school, what about my perfect attendance record? Ughhh. Why are we even going to the bookshop? I don't have money. Life hates me.

His ing stupid fangirls are going to pay for this, someday.

"I don't have money to buy new ones" I admit. He just looks at me with a raised eyebrow, "Who said you're going to pay for it?" he cheekily asks.

My eyes widen, he's not thinking of paying for my books, right? It's just too much and too expensive.

"No, no, no" I argued. He just smiles at me, "It's okay, I said" he reassures me.

No, this is just too much. I can't have him pay that much!

But before I could say another word, I found myself getting dragged by him. We didn't even tell the secretary we were skipping classes yet. Ugh, whatever.

We were just running and I was wearing heels for hell's sake.

My foot is killing me, to be honest. Stupid foot. We arrived at the bookstore fast. As we entered, he asked me what classes I had.

I told him every class I go to, he slowly picked up all the books I needed.

Is he serious on buying that all? That's too much money. I feel so bad. No, I really just can't make him pay for it.

"Lay, it's okay. You really don't have to pay for it" I insist.

He just lopsidedly smiles at me, "It's okay, it's the least thing I could do for you" he says, sincerely.

Okay, seriously.

This man is too perfect to be true. Seriously though. He's like a dream.

I just sigh in defeat, "You probably will pay for it even if I tell you not to, I give up" I put my hands up in surrender.

He just chuckles. Oh, I can hear the angels sing.

"You know me too well" he says.

As he payed for the books, he took out his credit card. He must be rich. Yeah, what am I even talking about? If he wasn't rich, he wouldn't be able to afford the books.

Stupid.

As he payed for it, I couldn't bring myself to ask how much it summed up to. This is too embarassing.

I can't thank him enough.

"Thank you so much, I owe you a lot!" I bow in gratefulness.

"It's nothing" he just brushes it off. It's nothing? You just payed for atleast a thousand dollars of cost.

This guy.

Someday, okay. I'll pay him. I swear I will. I hate owing people.

"Let's not go back to school" he says. I just stare at him.

"Please?" he asks. Ugh. No, stop that. I can't say no.

"Fine, fine" I surrender. He's just like Lu Han. Oh wait, did I just call him Lu Han?

I mean devil, seriously something is wrong with me.

So, he just reminds me of Lu Han, ughhh I did it again. Whatever. They just both have this type of power that makes me do whatever they want.

It's not good.

So just for today, I decided to be a rebel and skip school. For the first time in my life, ever.

I never skipped school, obviously. Unless I got terribly sick.

So, first. We went to walk around the streets, then we went to nearby cafe and he payed for everything again. I feel really bad. Seriously.

Wait, wait. I just noticed. I'm alone with him, eating together, walking together. Isn't this considered a date? OH my gosh. Someone slap me.

I'm being delusional. He thinks I'm actually engaged to his stupid friend, so no. Yeah, he just thinks of this as a friendly stoll. Yes, don't get your hopes up.

I just shook the stupid thoughts out of my head.

As we were walking down the streets, something caught my attention. It was a nice silver bracelet that had small heart lockets in it. So nice, I would buy it if I had money.

I realized I was with Lay, he must be feeling so awkward. Standing there while I just look at the stupid bracelet.

Yeah.

He just looks at me then to the bracelet.

"Let's go" I nudge his shoulder, he just looks at me then starts walking. I can't help but look back at the bracelet, "I'll come for you" is what I thought in my head.

Seriously, no one better buy that before I do.

After a few steps, Lay excused himself to go to a washroom. I just let him. I just stand in the same spot, waiting for him.

Atleast three minutes had passed. What is taking him so long? I just pace around while waiting for him. After a couple of seconds, he arrived.

"Sorry to keep you waiting" he apologized.

I just smiled, "It's fine".

 

 

Lu Han's POV

 

I don't know why but somehow, I'm just feeling grumpy ever since last night. I took off my fake cast, by the way. It was pretty tiring walking limply.

During lunch time, I didn't see the stupid woman. She wasn't there. Hmm, we went to school together. She rode the car I was in. So I'm pretty sure she's at school.

I just ignore the thought of her and just sat there as usual with my friends. I don't notice someone else was missing until Xiumin pointed out that Lay wasn't there too.

That's weird.

The stupid woman and Lay? Are they together?

Don't tell me they skipped school? What are they up to? I just roll my eyes and shake the stupid questions on my head.

Ugh, whatever. They can do whatever they want. I don't care. Really.

"Could Heejin-noona and Lay-hyung have a secret affair?" Se Hun asks out of the blue. I just stare at him.

Secret affair? Please, she won't be doing that because if she does, I won't pay for her stupid tuition fees, and she's going to say goodbye to school. And I know how desperate she is to finish school.

And it says on the contract to not have an affair with any man because if someone sees her, they'll get suspicious.

"Don't be stupid" I defensively say.

Kris just smirked at me for some unknown reason. Ugh, he's so weird. He's looking at me as if he knows something. I just ignore him.

 

Stupid Kris, stupid woman and stupid Lay.