Nightmares and Lullabies

Wife for Hire?

 

 

The next day, I just found out that Jun is still going to stay for another night and then he'll have to go back to China.

I go downstairs to find Lu Han, actually awake. I can't believe he even has the ability to wake up by himself. This is a miracle.

They're already about to have breakfast, without me. They are so thoughtful, I'm about to cry.

Jun notices me and his face brightens, "Heejin jiejie!" he points to me excitedly. Lu Han whips his head around to look, I raise my eyebrows at him.

"Having breakfast without me?" I ask in annoyance.

"Not my fault, you overslept" He returned. I roll my eyes. Rude, right off the bat.

Jun pulled my hands and dragged me to sit beside him. This kid.

We started eating and I had to feed the kid because he was whining and whining. You have two hands, kiddo. He's exactly just like this one stupid devil, I remember.

I slowly eat my food, I can't help but to take a small glance at Lu Han. He's gorgeous, early in the morning.

Wow, I should shut up with my delusions. This is just getting off hand.

I'm admiring him too much, it's not even normal.

My eyes travel down to the silver bracelet around his left hand. He's still wearing it? I thought he'd throw it the next day. But, I'm surprised he still even has it.

For some reason, I feel really happy.

For what? The reason that he's playing along with the couple bracelet thing in the first place? I'm just keeping my hopes up and it's not fair for me because I'm just going to fall in deeper and deeper and by the time I want to stop, I wont be able to go back up.

Wow, why am I getting deep into thought by just looking at him. The things he does to me.

After eating and my daily deep thoughts about falling in love with Lu Han is bad and , I decided to go upstairs and clean the room because it looks pretty from the looks of things.

You know, from our daily throwing things to each other habit. Yes, we still throw things at each other.

I'm now organizing Lu Han's ty books from his desk, and I can't help but notice his phone.

Ha, you know. Taking a slight peek won't hurt.

It's not like he'll have on his phone or anything.

Like really. But you never really know. It's the devil we're talking about.

I grab his phone and press the unlock button.

His wallpaper almost made me drop the phone to the ground, my heart is beating so fast. Let me cry.

I hear the door open, "Yah! What are you looking at?" It's the devil, he sounds nervous as .

Well, I'm looking at your wallpaper screen and you're doomed.

"W-What the hell is this?" I point incredulously to the wallpaper, as he opens his mouth to say something but it won't come out.

"I j-just couldn't find anything else to put, okay. Don't think of anything. I just liked my sleeping face, okay!" He stutters. Nice cover up. Very convincing.

"Where did you even get this?" I ask.

"Baekhyun sent it to me" He admits, like it's no big deal.

Oh you know, It's just him sleeping on my ing shoulder, and you know. ITS TOTALLY NORMAL

I'm not overreacting at all.

Like you know, maybe he just really wanted to look at his sleeping face everytime he opens his phone.

It's not like he wanted to see my face or anything, or us together.

Ugh Heejin stop thinking.

But still I could feel my cheeks heat up with my thoughts and so, I face away from the stupid devil.

"Are you done with the questions now? Give me my phone" He asks, frustration.

I say nothing and just toss his ty phone to him.

Stupid, stupid.

Without another word, he left the room. Why did he sound so nervous when he saw me looking at his phone? Did he think I'd see it? Well I did.

Was he scared that I'll jud-

I'll stop delusioning over the facts because I'm probably letting my hopes up again.

Stop Heejin.

I walk over to my desk and I look and glare at the deer stuffed toy.

I punch it right it the face.

You deserve it for making me fall for you deeper.

 

Lu Han's POV

My ing heart was literally going to jump out of my chest. When I got into the room and saw her looking at my phone, my heart was just going to. I can't even explain it.

Why did I even set that photo as my wallpaper?

And about me, saying that I only wanted to see my sleeping face was an excuse. But you know, really. My sleeping face is really attractive BUT that's not the point here.

My point is, that I actually set that up as my wallpaper because I liked the actual photo. Of me sleeping in her shoulders and , and she was also sleeping.

I sound so creepy but she looked so cute and everything so I wanted it as my wallpaper.

I totally sound like a middle schooler with a stupid crush.

Stop this. Lu Han you are so lame.

What was I even thinking telling her that I wanted to look at my own face, I mean, it's not that I don't do it but still. That was a really lame coverup. Nice one.

 

Jun's POV

 

Lu Han gege and Heejin jiejie really should get a room. Just saying.

 

Heejin's POV

 

That night, Jun wanted to sleep in our room because it was his last night here, and since it was Lu Han said that it's okay.

I can't believe he's actually even letting him sleep on his bed.

Oh you know, Lu Han and his bed has a mutual connection, we will never get.

I swear.

As Jun was settling in Lu Han's bed, he was getting comfy and all in those blankets and you know from Lu Han's body heat.

Why am I even describing this, my head is going crazy. Stupid dirty thoughts. Someone burn them with fire.

I was about to go sleep and stop thinking about Lu Han when I heard Jun's voice,

"Jiejie, sleep with us" he invites.

I see Lu Han shooting up from his position in alarm, "W-What are you saying, Jun?" he stutters in shock.

"Why are you two getting worked up? We're just going to sleep" Jun says innocently, this kid. I swear, the thoughts that goes through his head isn't even normal.

He's four years old for hell's sake. What is he implying.

That we're having lewd thoughts? Well, I can't deny I am.

"F-Fine, it's not like it's the first time we're sleeping together anyway" Lu Han had to ing blurt out. You didn't have to mention that, stupid devil! I feel my cheeks flush.

Now, Jun will get all smug and tease all about it. He's that kind of kid.

"OOoooh" Jun playfully says with a small cute smirk on his face. I don't even know how a smirk can look cute but Jun pulls it off.

I roll my eyes and grab my pillow, I place it on Lu Han's bed and made myself comfy. Thankfully, Jun is in between us. SO NOTHING CAN HAPPEN.

Just letting you know now. Don't get your hopes up.

We don't say anything else, instead we actually start to fall asleep.

 

That was until Jun started screaming, I immediately wake up and go into a sitting position, alarmed.

Is he having nightmares? I look at Jun, he's really having nightmares, sweat beads dropping on his head.

Lu Han woke up too, "He's having nightmares again" He says. As if it weren't obvious enough, thanks for the information.

This is not the right time for my heavy sarcasm, Heejin.

"Does he always have nightmares?" I ask. He just nods.

He carefully shakes Jun awake, as he does. Jun starts bawling. I can't do anything. I'm bad when kids cry. I don't know how to make them stop.

"G-Gege, i-it was s-so s-s-scary" he stops and heaves a breath and starts sobbing again.

Lu Han just grabs him for a tight hug while I sit there staring. You're such a big help Heejin, maybe you should pat Jun's back to assure him. But no words come out of my mouth.

"Shh, It's just a dream. We're right here" Lu Han whispers softly to Jun while caressing his back, Jun looks up at him, "Gege, sing for me" he requests, with voice cracking.

I look up at Lu Han, he has a look of hesitation on his face. But softens when he sees Jun's tears forming up at his eyes.

"I will but for now let's lie down and try to sleep, okay?" He says placatingly, Jun nods and lies back down. Tears still streaming down his face. I wipe it away and tuck him in his blankets. He closes his his eyes as he waits for Lu Han to sing.

This is the first time I'll hear him sing, wait. Is he even good?

That question was answered as soon as he started. His voice was just like of an angel's. I just contradicted myself but it truly was.

It sounded so smooth, calming albeit wanting me to keep awake to hear him finish the song. Not wanting to sleep and not hear the end of it.

Though I could not understand a single word of what he sang, it still sounded beautiful to my ears. That's how exquisite it sounded like.

(A/N : he's sang baby don't cry in chinese)

By the end of it, I was completely mesmerized. Jun was fast asleep. I could feel Lu Han's piercing gaze at me. I return the eye contact.

We just stared at each other, not saying a word.

His voice is beautiful, I want to hear it again. Sing me a lullaby, put me to sleep.

Wishes that will never happen.

"That was beautiful" I mumble, before I could even stop the words from coming out of my mouth.

A small smile appeared at the corner of his lips as he looked at my mesmerized expression.

"Go sleep," He says softly, using the same tone he used to when he was calming Jun down.

He looks at me one more time in the eyes, with that smile still plastered on his face and went to lie back down.

I felt my heart rapidly beating. I put my hands over my chest. As I slowly lie down. My heartrate not getting any slower.

How am I supposed to go sleep, now?

Oh, sing me a song, my sweet devil.