Apologies and Boredom

Wife for Hire?

 

Two days have passed since the night at the forest with Lay, and we haven’t spoken to each other since that. Not because there was something stopping us, but it was because we were stopping ourselves.

And, I haven’t been in the best mood for the past few days. I pushed Lu Han several times already but he didn’t say anything about it.

I’m pretty sure that the others have pretty much noticed the change already since it was too obvious. Lu Han didn’t push on the topic any further since that night either which was weird, because he’d usually throw a bratty fit because I wouldn’t tell him.

But, I guess I should be glad that he didn’t misunderstand the situation? I’m pretty sure he got the gist of what had happened on that forest though, he’s not that dense to not know what happened.

His behaviour was still the same, nothing really changed. He’s not doubting me or anything, not even Lay.

Should I be happy that he’s not jealous?

Or, should I be worried.

But, it’s a good thing! He actually trusts me. I should be content.

But I can’t get myself to do that because of my current relationship with Lay, I miss his company. I want to continue being friends with him but that’s too selfish of me.

But I can’t really do anything.

I did try talking to Lay again, but as soon as he saw me in his eye field, he immediately turn around and went the other way.

I can’t blame him for acting this way though.

We still had three days of the trip left and it haven’t really been a great one so far, after what happened. 

I was at my room silently reading a book when someone suddenly opened the door and sneaked in—
obviously Lu Han.

I didn’t even dare look up from my book because he always does this anyway.

“What do you want?” I ask, eyes not leaving the very sentence I’m reading.

“I’m bored,” he mutters. I look up, finally, with an amused expression on my face. Am I that amusing for him to come all the way here just because he’s bored?

I don’t know what came to my mind when I said the things I was going to say next but I wanted to take it back,

“Why don’t you go play with Han Na?” I mumble, realizing the things I said made me want to punch myself right in the ing guts.

Where did that even come from?

“Oh, okay.” His facial expression went from incredibly adorable to mothering--you-didn’t-just-mention-that-name.

Yeah, okay. Sorry. My fault, I don’t know what came to my head. I think the past events just came and hit me.

“I’ll just….yeah—“ he says, his tone, was so different. I wanted to stand up and apologize but I couldn’t find myself to.

Heejin, you’re the best. I should seriously just die. Being a to everyone because I can’t fix something.

What is wrong with me? Ever since that night, I had been thinking and stressing about Lay, and I didn’t even think about Lu Han once.

“Lu Han—“

Before I could say anything, he was already out of the room.

“I’m sorry,” I whisper to the cold air engulfing the empty room.

That night didn’t end very well. I thought it was going to be okay, since I was going to apologize to Lu Han.

I saw Baekhyun sitting on the lobby couch, I poked his shoulder and he looked up, “Where’s Lu Han?” I ask, hopefully he knows.

“He went outside to take a walk,” he says, and I just nod and went outside.

What I saw next, totally hit me—

I didn’t know taking a walk was another term for “kissing my ex-girlfriend outside in the cold winter night for the whole mothering world to see,”

That’s exactly what happened.

Lu Han was kissing Han Na on the lips, I was pretty ing sure that was happening. I looked at them bitterly, his eyes widen as he takes notice of my presence in front of them.

Eyes stinging with tears, they just kept on falling.

Was he this angry that he took the liberty to take revenge? Was this his revenge for not telling what had happened two nights ago with Lay?

He shoved Han Na and ran towards me with an unreadable expression, it varied between fear and hope, I don’t know why,

“Heejin, this is not what you think it is—“ he said, voice audibly shaky, was it from the cold or was it because of the fear of me finding out.

I blocked the words that were coming out of his mouth. I think it is what I think it is.

I couldn’t stop the tears, I was about to say “I’m sorry,” but I don’t think he even deserves it anymore since he was already too busy playing with her.

 

 

 

 

guys, short update is short but I will probably post the next chapter tomorrow since it's already done, i just need to rethink if it's going the right direction! What do you think? Oh Lu Han, how dare you!?

Please comment and subscribe!