I prefer you

Wife for Hire?

 

As the distance between our lips closes, I never really did pull away and neither did he. I closed my eyes as I waited for his lips to collide with mine. But, it never did. Instead I felt his lips land on my forehead.

I opened my eyes and looked at him in eye, he looks at me in amusement.

"Did you think I was going to kiss you on the lips?" He cockily asks. I scoff. I was. But no, you had to be a jackass and kiss my forehead instead. I really don't know why I was even waiting for a kiss on the lips, and to the fact that it was coming from the devil. I was a bit disappointed when he didn't. I'm having weird feelings these days. My heart was beating so fast a minute ago and now it's becoming steadier.

"O-Of course not, you idiot" I stutter. I'm such a good liar.

He looks at me and smirks, "That's very convincing" he sarcastically says. I roll my eyes. As I pull away from our very awkward position, I stumble and I feel his grip on my waist to straighten me. My heart skipped a beat from his grasp. What the is wrong with me, seriously? I was looking forward to the kiss and now this?

Don't tell me, I like him.

Yeah, I'm so funny I'm making myself laugh.

That's just impossible. Yeah, I'm probably just too drunk right now.

Okay.

Anyway as I went back to my seat, the boys finally took off their piercing glances at us both and started talking about who was to go next.

Which was obviously Lu Han, he looked so smug and I wanted to punch him at that moment.

"I dare you to pick that girl up wearing that thick make up over there" Lay dared. I could feel his gaze going from me to Lu Han. Weird.

The stupid devil didn't even complain drank his two shots and went ahead to the girl. She's ugly.

Why am I judging her now? What is wrong with me?

I should just shut up, yeah I should.

He started approaching the girl by leaning down on the wall. The girl is swooning and smiling like a stupid little girl.

This is so annoying. Really

Lu Han reaches out to play with the girl's hair. The girl is batting her eyelashes out.

I can't stand it. What can't I stand?

He just kissed my forehead like two minutes ago and now he's flirting with a girl. Can he just move on that fast?

Before I knew it, I walked out of the bar and went outside. Why did I even?

To get some air, yeah. That's the reason. Stupid devil flirting with that girl. Ugh, why am I even caring?

This is so stupid. Really. I won't deny to myself that I am feeling jealous and I don't even know why.

Ever since that night he waited for me, I've been feeling this way.

I hate feelings.

I sighed in frustration and started walking. I don't want to go back, because they'll ask me questions like

"Why did you walk out? blah blah blah" and I don't like answering those questions. And I myself don't even know the reason for me walking out.

After a few seconds, I could hear sounds of footsteps behind me. Oh .

Is that a ? A thief? Oh . This is really bad. Maybe leaving the bar was a bad idea. Really bad.

I should just run, yeah I'm going to run now.

I started running and I could still hear the footsteps following me.

I just increased my pace and before I knew it whoever it was following me took a grab of my hand.

I started screaming and struggling out of the strangers hold.

"Lu Han!! HELP MEEEE!!" I shouted. I mentally facepalmed myself. Out of everyone that can possibly save me why did I shout out his name? I'm really stupid. It's not like he would save me.

I kept on shouting but finally the stranger got sick of hearing my wailing, he put his hands over my mouth.

"Calm down, it's just me" he whispers on my ear. Shivers ran down my spine, I recognized that voice, even in my sleep I could.

I slowly turned around. With an amused expression on his face was Lu Han.

I'm really stupid.

I thought it was a thief but no. It was someone worse. The stupid devil.

He loosened his grip on my wrists and looks at me, "Did you think I was someone suspicious?" he asks.

I glared at him, "You scared me, I thought it was a thief running after me" I spat.

He rolls his eyes, "That's why you don't go running off during the night" he says.

I just scoff, well it was your fault that I walked out of the club. Stupid.

"Why did you walk out anyway? I was in the middle of my dare, you know" he happily exclaims.

Can I just punch him? That's the reason why I walked out, .

I just turned around, wanting to not see his stupid beautiful face. Yes, I just said it was beautiful.

"Perhaps, are you jealous?" he asks, I could hear the tone of amusement with a mix of excitement in his voice.

My answer is Yes but obviously I won't admit it because he'll get all cocky and .

"N-No, why would I be?" I stutter. Way to go, I stuttered. I just gave out the answer clearly.

"So you are, huh?" he urges on. I could see the smile of satisfaction plastered on his face.

"No"

"Yes, you are" he says heartily.

I didn't say anything and just stare ahead. Silence fills the air.

"It's not like I liked flirting with that girl you know, it was just a dare" he says. Why is he even saying this to me?

Is he saying this to me to make me feel better? Well, it's not enough.

"Yeah right, you looked like you were having the time of your life back there" I said.

Why am I saying these things, I sound like a brat. Totally.

"No, I wasn't" he argues.

"Yes you were" I retorted.

"I prefer you" he says. I felt my heart skip a bit. Calm down. He's just teasing you. Don't take it seriously. He looked pretty shocked of himself of what he just said. Is he blushing?

Oh my ing gosh. That is adorable.

It's probably just an illusion, yes. It's probably the street light. Yes.

"S-Stop joking around" I stutter once more. Seriously how much can one person stutter in one night.

"I'm not joking" he pushes on. My heart is still beating fast.

I could feel heat running up my cheeks. This is really bad.

Silence filled the air again, but it felt really comfortable. I didn't mind it at all.

"Let's go back?" he asks softly.

I turn around to face him, but putting on my pokerface so that he won't notice that I was blushing like an elementary school girl five seconds ago.

He smiles at me and drags me back in the club.

 

Stop smiling you idiot, or else.

I might really start falling for you.

 

Lu Han's POV

 

What the was I saying?

"I prefer you" The words that come out of my mouth are queer.

I should go to a psychologist tomorrow, I should. I even felt blood rise up my cheeks. Why the hell am I getting flustered now?

It's probably because of the shots. Yes, I'm just getting a little drunk.

Anyway, the point is.

The stupid woman is jealous. Even if she doesn't admit it. I know she is. Why else would she walk out? She's so adorable.

Did I just call her adorable?

I'm drunk. Really drunk. Probably.

but truly, the words I said to her were probably true.

 

I don't tell lies, after all.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

GUYSSS! IM BACK TO UPDATING!

Thank you for reading! Please comment *bbuing bbuing* 

Please comment and subscribe! I really appreciate comments, they inspire me to write more! ^^