seven | small chat

Luhan: The Annoying Brat
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

"Mom." I stood up from the dinner table after I finished eating that night and wiped my face with the table napkin. "Luhan and I are going out."

I noticed that Mom, Dad and Wonjin suddenly became quiet and stared at me like I said something wrong. Then I went back to what I said. Shucks. It did sound wrong.

"Wait! That's not what I meant. What I meant was, I'm going outside with Luhan for a while."

It's as if they've been holding their breaths all the while as they sighed. "Wooh!" Dad held his chest. "For a second there, I thought you're already dating Luhan."

My eyes twitched.

That's probably the last thing that'll ever happen in the entire years of my existence.

"But you know..." Mom tilted her head to the side. "You and Luhan do look good together. I say 'yes' to Luhan."

"Me, too." Wonjin chimed as he nodded aggressively.

"Me, three." Dad did what Wonjin did.

Is my family ganging up on me?

Had Eunmi somehow made a fan club about us?

Nah.

"You guys. Luhan is probably the last boy I'm going to date. So please. We're just going to get some ddeokkbeokki because I owe him one." I grabbed my jacket from the living room sofa. "I'll be off now."

That was really... ugh. I hate it when that kind of topic rises in our conversation.

As I went down our porch, I suddenly froze in my step upon seeing Luhan, already waiting in front of the house. He must've heard my steps because he spun around immediately. "Chan-Chan! Hm. Took you long enough."

I sneered. "Did I even tell you to wait?"

"No. But I texted you that I was already outside." He looked down at me and frowned. "You didn't check your phone, did you?"

Boom. Guilty as charged.

"I knew it." He sighed. "Anyways. Ddeokkbeokki!" He clapped his hands like an excited child.

I rolled my eyes. "Aish. Let's go."

The two of us started to walk towards the town park. At the park, there's this famous ddeokkbeokki stand that's been selling for quite some time now. But during this time of the night, there are only a few people there, so it'd be easy to buy. All the better, so I can go home and stay away from Luhan.

"It's been a while since I last ate ddeokkbeokki." He suddenly spoke as he kicked imaginary stones on the ground. The street lights along the streets shone above us, showing us our long shadows in front of us.

"There's no ddeokkbeokki in China?"

He shook his head. "None." He sighed. "And what better way to eat my first ddeokbeokki in ten years? Of course! If it's free!" He laughed heartily.

I groaned. "I can't believe I'm spending my money on your ddeokkbeokki."

"Why? You're not eating?" 

"No. I just ate. You didn't eat dinner?"

"I did. But you're buying me ddeokkbeokki."

"That doesn't even make any sense."

He beamed proudly. "Exactly."

Oh my.

When we reached the park, we immediately saw the ddeokkbeokki stand. Luhan found a bench to sit on and went towards it as I approached the stand. The guy warmly greeted me with a big smile. "Hello! How many orders?"

I smiled back. "Just one."

He nodded and prepared my ddeokkbeokki. When he finished, he gave it to me and I handed him the money for payment. I carefully held the ddeokbeokki bowl with both hands and went to Luhan.

He looked up and reached out to get the ddeokbeokki from me and snatched it away from me. "Thank you, Chan-Chan!"

I sat beside him, crossed my outstretched legging-covered legs in front of me and slipped my hands inside the pockets of my jacket. I breathed out a low sigh.

Luhan spun his head at me. "You didn't buy for yourself??"

"I told you I'm not eating."

"No. You should buy one for yourself. I intended for the two of us to eat." 

Wow. He suddenly acted mature.

I just shook my head. "I'm not eating. I'm

Please log in to read the full chapter