forty-one | unbearable news

Luhan: The Annoying Brat
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Luhan's POV

It was one of those days again when you felt like the weather's trolling you or sumthin'. I mean, it's summer, and from the view outside, dark clouds are beginning to cover the skies.

Sungchan finally picked up her phone. "Yeah?" I always feel energized when I hear her voice first thing in the morning.

"Don't forget to bring an umbrella," I replied as I opened the fridge in kitchen.

I heard her laugh in the other end. "You could've just texted that. Besides, we're riding on your convertible." There was a sudden pause, and her next words came in a rush. "Your car is CONVERTIBLE, isn't it? There's supposed to be a hood, right?"

I find Sungchan's doubts quite cute. "Yeah, there is. I just wanted you to bring an umbrella. It's dark. Is that wrong?"

"Hm." She paused. And I knew from that that she was a bit flustered. She always is when I . And that's my effect on her. "Fine. I'll see you in a while." She then hung up.

I smiled as I put the phone in my pocket and dug inside the fridge afterwards. My parents are both away again. They've been gone a few times these days. At first I thought they were just dating or something, but I think there's more to it than I know. I'll just wait for them to tell me.

Wew. Before, they'll leave me something to eat. Now, they just leave a note saying I can eat anything. What am I, some lone animal? Hm. Nevermind. I love them anyway.

I grabbed some chicken sandwich that Mom made yesterday for snack, but was never eaten because it was forgotten inside the fridge. It's still edible, though, and it's fine with me.

After eating, I got some water and drank it, grabbed my keys from the table, checked my reflection in the mirror (not that I'd look ugly, I'm always handsome), and headed for the door.

When I was about to turn the knob, I stopped because I heard a thud behind me. I turned around and saw that my scrapbook had fallen from the shelf to the floor.

It was a special scrapbook that I myself made when I was in China. It was full of pictures of Sungchan and me. I made it because I wanted to give this to Sungchan when I go back to Korea. Back then, I wasn't sure if I'd ever be back here. But this scrapbook was the one that I'd clung to, my hope that I'd be able to return to Korea and give this to Sungchan.

I flipped open the scrapbook and gave out a light chuckle. They were all pictures of Sungchan and me that I kept. I even asked her for some before. I was overcame with happiness when I realized that these kids inside the pictures ended up with each other, and treated each other as best friends and lovers at the same time.

I caught myself.

Oh-emgee. I sound utterly cheesy and corny at the same time. That's what Chan-Chan's been pointing out for the past few weeks.

I replaced the scrapbook back on the shelf. I should probably give this to Sungchan after school. I made it for her anyway.

I got out of the house, got my car and waited for Sungchan outside her house.

"Oh, Luhan dear," Mrs. Bae greeted from the window. "My Sungchan will be with you in a minute." She disappeared behind the window, and I could hear her shout Sungchan's name.

I looked up. It was so dark. It's going to rain. I know it. But sometimes, these type of clouds are the ones that troll you. It may rain, it may not. But I'm sure it will. I just don't know when.

A few seconds later, Sungchan got out of the door and trotted down the stairs of their porch to my car. She plopped herself on the pa

Please log in to read the full chapter