six | fun at school

Luhan: The Annoying Brat
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

My mother had won in talking me into going to school with Luhan. I argued with her that Luhan’s already grown up. He doesn’t need to be guided to school anymore. I told her that Luhan can manage himself. If he was able to do it in China, he can do it here in Korea.

‘I’ll confiscate your iPod’ was all she said to make me clam up.

One point for mother.

The door knocked that morning. Dad was the one who opened it. But I sure wished he didn’t.

Luhan came inside our house and entered like a celebrity. “Good morning, Mr. Bae! Hi Mrs. Bae! Hey Wonjin!” When his eyes found mine, his lips broke into a smirk. “Chan-Chan!”

“Oh brother.” I rolled my eyes. I picked up my bag and said my goodbyes to my family. “Bye. I’ll be going!”

“Bye!” Dad waved.

When Luhan and I were already out of the house, Mom suddenly burst out of the door. “Sungchan!” She scurried towards us. “You forgot your notebook.”

“Oh.” I got the notebook from her. “Thanks, Mom.”

Mom glanced at Luhan. “Take care of my daughter, okay Luhan? You’re the guy. So you should take care of her.”

“Mom!”

“What?” Mom shrugged, like this isn’t anything serious to me. “You two used to hold hands when you were kids when you walk! What makes it any different from now?”

“Ew, Mom! Don’t refresh those memories!” I buried my face in my palms. Now Mom has given some memories to Luhan that he can poke fun at. I can’t believe this.

Luhan smiled innocently. “Don’t worry, Mrs. Bae. When did I ever not take care of Chan-Chan?”

“Always!” I snapped at him.

“Aigoo.” Mom smiled. “Go. You’ll be late. Be safe!” She finally shooed us away.

As we walked, I could feel Luhan smirking beside me. He suddenly guffawed. “We held hands?! I don’t remember anything.”

“It’s better that way.” I said. If he even remembers, he might get ideas how to annoy me once again.

“Oh!” He clasped his hands. “Now I remember! It was kindergarten. We used to hold hands when we walk because you’d always trip!”

“Do you want me to trip you now?”

“No.” He put on a smug smile. “But I think it's best if you hold my hand now. Because you might trip again!”

“I won’t!” I snapped.

Aish. This guy has really taken this annoying thing too far.

Luhan and I arrived at school on time. Since he had all his classes with me, I spent all my school time being with him.

During Chinese class, Luhan had all the chance to brag about his Chinese skills.

Well, what do you know? We had a Chinese language class. Perfect timing.

“Since Mr. Lu here is Chinese…” Mrs. Lin said. “…can you please come in front and write the correct Chinese characters for the name of our school?”

He stood up from his seat and bowed. “Of course, sonsaeng.”

All the girls swooned as he walked towards the front

Please log in to read the full chapter