twenty-two | different side

Luhan: The Annoying Brat
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

"He's sick, Mom. Why would I let him cook?"

"Oh. Right. Well, did you check his temperature yet?"

"I already did. Twice this morning. Hadn't dropped from 39. Won't he suffer from convulsion if it reaches 40?"

"What in the world are you saying dear? It doesn't happen like that. I already called his parents. They're grateful you're there."

"Oh. Good. Um, I'll just call back again and tell if something goes wrong."

"Like convulsion?"

"Mom."

"Okay, okay. Just kidding. Alright. Call me dear. Bye."

I put the phone down back on Luhan's desk. I checked the clock in Luhan's room. Already half past twelve. I've already been here for more than three hours and his fever hasn't improved.

Mom asked me to stay there for the day to take care of the brat- I mean -Luhan. To be honest, I'd really stay even she won't tell. I'm somewhat scared that his fever might get worse, and no ones there to look after him.

Okay. Maybe I'm a little bit exaggerated that Luhan's fever would improve just between those three hours. Wonjin's lasted for a day, so... Yeah.

I went up to his bed and tapped him lightly on his arm. "Hey, Lulu. Wake up. You've got to eat lunch." When he didn't stir, I tapped a little more. "Hey, Lulu. Lunch time."

His eyes cracked open a bit. "Hm?"

"Eat your lunch. I brought you some."

He groaned. "Food again?" He pulled the blanket over his head and his muffled voice came through. "I don't wanna..."

I have an idea that sick persons lose their appetites. But they need to intake food to get energy, so I have to insist this on him. "Lulu. Come on. Do you want to get better? You need this so you won't be weak."

I heard a sigh coming from under the covers. Soon, he pulled it down and helped himself sit straight. "You're going to feed me right?" He flashed a weak smirk.

I rolled my eyes. So he still can be annoying. "Of course."

I prepared him soup for lunch when he slept earlier. I blew gently on it and put the spoon on Luhan's mouth.

"I feel like a baby," he said after swallowing.

"It's because you're sick. You're too weak to do anything, dum-dum." I fed him some soup again.

He opened his mouth and gulped the soup. "You know you can leave if you want to. I'll be fine on my own. I'm a grown up now."

"You're too noisy for a sick person. Just shut up and eat."

He opened his mouth again to eat the soup. "Why would you stay? You hate me, right?"

I paused. Sure, hate is what I feel towards him everyday. But maybe hate is such a heavy word right now. Maybe when he's already okay, I might use that word again.<

Please log in to read the full chapter