thirty-two | happy birthday, lulu!

Luhan: The Annoying Brat
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Would you believe that Lulu's birthday is also on a Saturday like mine?

That noon, I was staring in front of the mirror and trying my best to look good. I've never actually tried to look good for other people, more so for a GUY.

I wore a pink sleeveless sundress that dropped just above my knees. I braided my hair and placed it on my shoulders. And-get this-I even tried to put some powder on. For a finish, I clipped Luhan's gift-given clip on my head. I always wore it on my shirt, or on my bag. But today, I'll make a difference.

When I went downstairs, Wonjin was staring at me. "What?"

He rubbed his eyes and a big wide grin formed on his lips. "Noona, you look very pretty!"

I ruffled his hair and squeezed his cheeks. "Why, thank you. That's the nicest compliment I've heard from you. Where's Mom and Dad?"

"They said they'll be buying some stuff and said they'd take long."

"Oh. Okay. I'm leaving."

"Bye, noona. Say happy birthday to hyung for me."

I nodded and left the house and closed the door behind me.

To be honest, I feel so vulnerable with how I look now.

I trudged towards the Lu's house. With every step, I feel like my cheeks are getting redder. Upon reaching their house, I gently knocked.

Mrs. Lu was the one who opened the door. "Sungchan! Omo! You look extremely wonderful. I'll just call Luhan." She disappeared from the door.

A few minutes later, birthday boy was on the door.

He opened his mouth to speak, but his eyes just suddenly eyed me from top to bottom. He spread his arms wide. "Are you my birthday present??"

I rolled my eyes and laughed as I hugged Luhan. "Happy birthday, Lulu. Just came by to say that."

He pulled away, but his hands lingered on my bare shoulder. "You just came by to say that?"

"Oh, and my family send out their greetings, too."

His brows arched up. "That's it?" He suddenly broke into a wide smile. "How about we go get some lunch?"

I looked past him. "It's okay. I think you're going to have some guests?"

Mrs. Lu popped behind Lulu with a wide grin. "None, Sungchan. We're just having a lot of food. But if Luhan wants to eat outside, it's fine with me, too."

"So, Chan-Chan, let's go?" Lulu asked.

I hesitated for a moment, but then I went with it. "Okay. My treat. Because it's your birthday."

"Oh no no no no no no no," he shook his head. We were already walking. "I'm gonna treat you to lunch because it's my birthday."

"Wait. Why? I didn't even get to treat you during mine."

"Tss. You're telling me that when it's over? Then why didn't you?"

"I didn't know you'll treat me today!"

"Ah!" Luhan closed his eyes and pretended to be hurt. "Don't explain. I'm already hurt."

He's turned another year, but his

Please log in to read the full chapter