forty-eight | last tears

Luhan: The Annoying Brat
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

It was Sunday morning. Usually, when people wake up on a Sunday, they smile, knowing that they aren't up to do anything for that day. Even I do. But that morning, even the other mornings this week, tears were the first thing that greets me. I open my eyes, and tears just fall.

And even after I stand up in bed, they're still there. And this morning, it was much worse than ever. I looked at the mirror, and my cheeks were bloated, my eyes puffy from crying, and my hair was all over the place like a bird's nest. I look like I just got passed a hurricane and a tornado all hurled up in one.

It was Luhan's last day, with me.

I immediately got myself together and washed myself to get rid of that forlorn face that shattered my mirror early in the morning. I don't know why my descriptives sounds so stupidly hilarious, but in truth, there's nothing hilarious I'm feeling about.

Mom and Dad went grocery shopping again to buy the main things we need at home. The things I bought last night were just for the special dinner with the Lu's. Wonjin was on the couch when I got down, and he was lifelessly watching TV, superbly uninterested with the show.

"Hey, kiddo," I said and ruffled his hair.

"Hey, noona," his eyes shifted to me like a lifesaver, probably thankful there's something else to see other than the TV. "Are you going to hyung's?"

"Yeah," then I headed for the door.

When I got to Lulu's house, everything inside was already covered with a white cloth, ready to be abandoned any moment. It was this moment again, just like when he first left Korea.

"It's like deja vú, huh?" Luhan asked beside me.

"Yeah," I answered back, a little too distracted.

He put his arm around my shoulder and squeezed me. "Cheer up, Chan-Chan. There's a lot of ways to communicate now. We can e-mail each other, or chat. There's already Facebook, or we can talk in me2day or Weibo. Whatever way."

I chuckled at his humor. "Whatever." I continue to stare at the covered furniture’s. Luhan suddenly moved away and started loading some things on his car outside, and I followed him. "You're preparing too early," I said as he hoisted up some bags inside the car.

"Who said being late was always better?"

"You're excited to leave??" I gasped.

"No!" he immediately said. "Excitement is different from being early."

I rolled my eyes and laughed. "Yeah, yeah. I was just kidding." He went back inside and got other bags. "Want me to help?"

He hoisted a bag up again inside the car. "Would you mind?"

I shook my head. "No. Not at all."

And that's when Operation: Preparation started. Both of us went back and forth to get some things inside and back to the car. It was many, but it really didn't take that long. Still, we were tired and flushed. When we

Please log in to read the full chapter