twelve | bubble tea

Luhan: The Annoying Brat
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

I waved goodbye to Baekhyun when we got out of the school premises. Luhan and I started to walk back home.

"So..." I crossed my arms. "What's the name of the book again?" I was still suspicious of Luhan going suddenly to the library. It's not like him to go to the library. Really not like him.

"I told you. I forgot. I'll look for it tomorrow." He didn't even try looking at me.

In some studies, they say that when a person talks and they are not looking at you, they're probably lying. So, in short, Luhan's lying. "Why didn't you look for it a while ago instead of annoying Baekhyun and me?"

"Baekhyun wasn't annoyed."

"How did you know? You don't even know him."

"And you do?" He now looked at me with this glare that says 'I'm judging you.' "If you do, then that means you really do like him!"

"What's your problem, huh? Why do you keep on insisting me with Baekhyun. We're just friends. I repeat, friends." I emphasized that last word to get the idea in this coocoo head's brain. "It's you we're talking about here. Let's go back and get your book." I halted on my tracks and spun around.

Luhan grabbed my arm and smiled innocently. "No. I'll just get it tomorrow, okay? Your Mom will be looking for you, remember?"

"I told you to go home to tell her what had happened." I jabbed my index finger on his arm.

"But I went back to get a book."

"Did you get the book?"

"No."

"So you went back not to get a book?"

"I did!"

"Where's the book?"

"I'll look for it tomorrow! Aish!" He scratched his head in frustration. I beamed contentedly. That's another point for me. I imaginarily congratulated myself for the effort of annoying Luhan. Anyways, I just dropped the topic. I don't think I would be able to make Luhan spill it.

The two of us walked quietly afterwards, which was a first. Usually, Luhan would talk and talk non-stop while we go home. I glanced at him sidewards. He was looking serious as he stared on the floor, with his right hand holding the strap of his bag on his shoulder. He must be thinking deeply of something. "Are you sick? Why aren't you talking?"

Luhan's head snapped up and looked at me. "Huh? Oh." He then chuckled lightly. "I was just thinking... do you want bubble tea?"

I was surprised with his sudden offer. "Bubbletea? Sure. But there's no bubble tea around here."

Luhan squinted. He put his hands on my shoulder and spun me around. I was astonished that we're already in the park, and I didn't notice. There, somewhere near the seaside part of the park, was a new bubble tea shop. "Oh. That's new. It wasn't there before."

"Then let's go!!! My treat!" Luhan pulled me towards the shop.

The ambiance inside was kinda cool and breezy, maybe because of the sea breeze. It was really pretty inside

Please log in to read the full chapter