thirty-seven | jealousy killed the cat

Luhan: The Annoying Brat
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

A few moments after we've entered, we've huddled inside Luhan's living room. I sat on one sofa, Victoria and Yixing on the other. Minseok walked around the living room like supervisor.

"I'll get you guys something in the kitchen," Luhan said. "I'll be back in a while." He disappeared into the kitchen.

"Oh, looky!" Minseok squealed like a child. We turned to find him looking at a frame with a picture of me and Luhan when we were kids. He picked it up and showed it to me. "This is one of the pictures Luhan showed me of you." He paused. "Or maybe it's a different one..."

"It's a different one!" Luhan hollered from the kitchen.

"Figures," Yixing chuckled. "Do you know that Luhan hyung always carry pictures of the two of you? He even told us that he'll marry you one day."

I blushed. Luhan said that?

"I heard that Yixing! Will you shut up??!" Luhan bellowed once again.

I laughed and turned my attention back to the guests. "So, how'd you guys meet?" Although I didn't want to know how Luhan had met Victoria.

Minseok joined us in the sofa. He sat on the sofa's armrest. "It was funny actually. It was his first day at school. And he looked kinda lost. So I helped him. But you know the first thing he told me? 'You look like a bun'. In Korean. And he was giggling! He thought I couldn't understand Korean. So I told him back in the same language, 'I'm a full-blooded Korean, you know'. He stopped laughing and practically apologized a zillion times," Minseok explained and followed it with a laugh. "We've been close ever since."

"Why are you studying in China, anyway?" I asked.

"Parents," Minseok replied with a shrug.

"I knew Luhan hyung from Minseok hyung," Yixing said briefly.

I nodded. "I see." Not wanting to show my deep irritation, I turned to Victoria and showed her a smile. "How about you, Victoria?"

She was looking around when I asked her. She snapped her head to me and grinned from side to side. "Oh, Luhan?" She waved a hand dismissively. "I've known that guy for ages. He would always go to my house and irritate the crap out of me." She giggled. "That guy is just purely sweet and annoying at the same time."

My body stiffened.

So, Luhan went to another girl's house before?

And he told me that I was the only girl.

"Enough about us," Victoria said as she leaned closer. She smiled like a sly cat at me. "So, I want to know all about you and Luhan. Childhood friends, right?"

I was already grumpy. But I managed a nod. "Yeah."

She clasped her hands in delight. "You know I really like love stories like that. Starting out from friends then ending up as lovers."

And might end up as ex-lovers if you -in, I thought. I drew in a big gush of air and sighed inwardly. Calm down, Sungchan. You still don't even know this girl's role in Luhan's life. She just might be a friend. Or maybe a classmate.

Or maybe... an ex-girlfriend?

No. Luhan said he hadn't had any but me.

But that doesn't mean he didn't have feelings for another.

Oh shut up will you? I hushed the two voices in my head. Sometimes, they could really be stupid and talk non-sense.

Before I could even lose my grip, Luhan came back with some lemonade and some biscuits. "You guys came in by surprise, so these are all I can get you. Don't complain." He stuck out his tongue and set the foods on the table.

"So, how were you here?" Victoria asked. "I missed you so much, honey."

There she goes again. Honey. It's irritating and upsetting at the same time. She knows I'm Luhan's girlfriend, right? She knows Luhan's already taken, right? Why is she acting like she's flirting with my boyfriend??

But what made me even more upset was when Luhan replied, "I miss you so much, too."

I bit my lip and rolled my eyes. Calm down, Sungchan. CALM DOWN.

"Yeah, hyung," Yixing said. "You seem even more jovial than when you were in China."

"Of course! He would be!" Minseok chirped. "You know he can't wait to be back here because of his girlfriend." Minseok was utterly pleased with his answer as he nodded slowly.

At the same time, Luhan wrapped his arms around my waist. "I'm fine. I didn't need any getting-used-to because I already got used here in Korea since I was a kid. But sure, I missed China."

"Did you even miss us?" Minseok pouted.

"Of course!"

"It doesn't seem like it," Victoria said, also pouting. "You didn't even e-mail me when you got here."

Does it always have to be her?? This isn't about her, okay? A

Please log in to read the full chapter