thirty-eight | family outing

Luhan: The Annoying Brat
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

I was carrying the basket full of picnic foods and loaded it to the trunk of Luhan’s car 4AM in the morning. Guess where we’re going today? No. We’re not going to have a picnic with just the two of us. Instead, our parents decided that both families go outing together. And we’re heading for Gyeongpo Beach.

Luhan got out of their house and loaded some beach stuff like beach balls, that big umbrella, surf board, although I’m sure he’s using it as a table, and other things.

“Lulu…” I bit my lip as I watched him beam proudly at the things.

He held up a hand and stopped me. “I know what you’re going to say. I told you, my parents don’t mind that I’m taking you with me in my car while they ride with your Dad’s car. I’m just bothered that your brother’s with us.”

“I heard that, hyung,” Wonjin mused as he climbed at the backseat of the convertible. “I’m gonna be your watch for the whole trip. So no skinship or whatsoever!”

Luhan pouted and dragged himself to the driver’s seat while I laughed at Wonjin’s cute remark. I got in on the passenger’s seat.

Our parents rode on Dad’s car. He signalled his backlights for Luhan to follow, and the convertible trailed behind my Dad’s car.

“I’m so excited,” Wonjin giddily jumped up and down his seat.

“Why? Because you’re going to a beach?” Luhan asked.

“No. Because I get to ride on your convertible. Noona’s always the one riding here,” he childishly stuck out a tongue at me.

I turned around. “Are you the girlfriend, huh?” I teased. “Wanna change seats? I’ll sit there, you sit beside your hyung.”

“No!” Luhan protested, grabbing hold of my arm but never taking his eyes off the road. “Stay here! Wonjin’s not my girlfriend!!”

I laughed and patted his shoulder. “Fine. I’ll stay.”

Wonjin cringed. “I should have stayed with Mom and Dad in our car. I feel out of place with the two of you. I’m being a third-wheel.”

“You said it,” Luhan muttered.

“Then you won’t be able to ride Luhan’s cool convertible,” I pointed out.

Wonjin nodded. “Good point.”

We’re only going to be at the resort for a day, so we left as early as possible so we can have a longer stay at the beach, and so that the travel time will be much easier because there’s less traffic.

As we followed behind Dad’s car, Luhan turned the volume of his speakers up, and the three of us bobbed crazily to the music like a bunch of teenagers who just got out of the clutches of their parents. It was fun. It’s like Luhan’s convertible were meant for only the kids, while my Dad’s car are meant for the grown up.

The two cars stopped over a convenient store and bought some food. Actually, only our parents did. Wonjin, in our car, was the only one who got down to buy some foods.

“Hey! Tell Mom to buy me that pack of Pocky!” I shouted as Wonjin entered the convenience store.

“Okay!” he shouted back.

“You still eat Pocky?” Luhan asked.

“Yeah. But I haven’t got the time to buy,” I stretched my legs in front of me.

“Do you want some?” Luhan smirked as a box of pocky suddenly popped in front of me.

My mouth popped open. “

Please log in to read the full chapter