thirty-six | friends from China

Luhan: The Annoying Brat
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

"And that's it for today," our last period teacher said. "You're all dismissed."

On cue, we all started to pack our bags, because we all can't wait to get out of school. Well, who can? Probably the nerds, but we're not going to go in to some petty topics like that.

Baekhyun thumped his fist on my desk. "Ey, we have some great food at our restaurant today. Some special dishes the chefs have made." He looked at Luhan. "Wanna slide in for a while?"

I shook my head in reply while Luhan answered verbally. "Nah. Chan-Chan and I will be studying."

"Then study in the restaurant!" Baekhyun beamed like it's the best solution in the world.

"No way," I pushed Baekhyun away. "You're just looking for someone to taste the dishes and report to your parents it doesn't taste right. Correct?"

Baekhyun frowned. "They think all the dishes appeal to everyone. They just don't listen."

Standing up, Luhan grabbed his bag. "Aren't you going to study for the exams?" He slung his arms on my shoulder just like he always do.

I scoffed. "The only time you'll hear 'Baekhyun' and 'study' together is when the words 'does not' is in between."

We all laughed. Baekhyun gave up on persuading and left us with a snappy salute. I was about to carry my bag when Luhan got me to it first.

He winked before laughing. "Remember what I said yesterday? I'll be carrying your bag from now on?"

I paused before remembering our little agreement. But still, I'm not used to getting pampered by my boyfriend. Well, I'm not used to getting pampered by anyone other than my parents. I pulled my bag from him. "Aish. I can carry it. Don't worry."

He pulled it back to him. "No. What use am I as your boyfriend?"

I pulled it back to me. "That's the point. You're my boyfriend. Not my servant."

He pulled it back to him again with a big wide grin on his face. "But I insist on carrying it for you."

I narrowed my eyes and pulled my bag again. He happily pulled it back to him. And we went on like that for a few seconds, pulling my bag to each of us. It was like we were back when we were kids, arguing with a piece of candy shouting, 'It's mine!'

"I didn't know couples these days show their affection like that," one of our classmates teased as he left for the door.

Luhan and I stopped and stared at each other before erupting in to a few fits of laughter. I gave up and handed Luhan my bag. "Fine, Lulu. Just hold it tight, 'kay?"

He nodded like an excited child with his smug smile on. "Of course. I'll hold on to it tight and love it like I do to its owner."

The cheesy remarks still makes me cringe. "Whatever, Lu

Please log in to read the full chapter