thirty-one | permission

Luhan: The Annoying Brat
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

I was in the Lu's kitchen that afternoon. They invited my family over for dinner, and my mother told me to go ahead if ever Mrs. Lu needs a hand.

But she was too hospitable.

"No, really, dear. I'm really okay," she waved me off with a chuckle.

"Okay, Mrs. Lu. If you insist," I said.

"You can join Luhan in the living room if you want. He's playing chess with your Wonjin, yeah?"

Oh yeah, I brought along my dear little brother with me.

I nodded and did as Mrs. Lu said. In the living room, they were so totally immersed in the game that Lulu didn't even notice me sit beside him.

"How's the game so far?" I asked.

The two looked up as if an imaginary voice just spoke. "Your brother's really good at this," Lulu said.

"It's our third game, and Luhan hyung hasn't won over me yet," Wonjin beamed.

I gave him two-thumbs up. "That's right, Wonjin. Wave the Bae's flag and don't lose against your annoying hyung."

Lulu sat straight and feigned frustration. "Hey. I'm not annoying."

I rolled my eyes with a smile. "Sure, Sherlock. Whatever makes you happy." We both laughed in sync. We had to stop laughing before I noticed Wonjin staring at us. "What?"

He blinked. "Why is that I seem to notice that you two have been... soft? Nice? I dunno." He shrugged and returned to the chessboard. "Oh, nothing."

Lulu and I looked at each other, and then we looked away.

Later on, my parents came, and we all went to the dining room to start eating. As usual, Lulu sat beside me. But the funny thing is, he pulled the chair for me.

I raised an eyebrow. "Chivalry so does not fit you."

He winked and gave thumbs up without any word.

As we ate, we just listened to the adults talk about adult stuff. We kids were just actually eating to ourselves if Mom hadn't included us all of a sudden.

"So, Luhan. How's school?" Mom asked. "Has Sungchan been introducing you to friends?"

Lulu swallowed the food in his mouth before answering. "Yes, auntie. She does. Although I really prefer hanging out with your daughter. I'm still much comfortable with Chan-Chan's company."

I scoffed and laughed. "You really know how to annoy, don't you?"

"Oh Sungchan," Mrs. Lu said. "You know how Luhan only acts like that to you. You two are practically comfortable with each other."

I half-smiled. Of course. I know Lulu's reason why he only acts li

Please log in to read the full chapter