thirty-three | greatest birthday gift

Luhan: The Annoying Brat
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

“Why did you just pull me like that? What if your parents wanted to be the first one to ride this with you?” I reasoned out.

“I already told you. They don’t mind. Woooh!” He had one arm out, and another one on the steering wheel.

“I didn’t know you drive. Have you been driving in China?”

“Yep. Learned by myself. Then got a license. Although I really didn’t have a car.”

“But now you have one.”

He looked at me, eyes disappearing from smiling too much. “I know, right? And I'm happy I get to spend my first ride with you. This is great!”

I watched him having fun behind the steering-wheel, and I felt happy just by looking at him. But I wonder, will he also smile like this when I give my gift?

I let him have the time of his life riding the car, and I was also having fun letting my hair fly through the wind.

“Sungchan,” Luhan called me.

“Hm?”

“Remember the hills?”

“Hills?” Oh. The hills. The small hills just outside the borders of the city, overlooking Seoul. Luhan and I usually played there when we were kids, and that’s where we also spent our afternoons arguing. I laughed. “Yeah, I remembered.”

“Let’s go?”

“You still remember where it is?”

“Of course,” he tapped his temple. “I can’t forget everything with you.”

I pursed my lips.

Soon after, Luhan parked the car below the hills, and we trudged up the earthy grounds. It still look the same as before, but the dramatic effect of the twilight made it even more cinematic.

We both sat side by side on the grassy ground, legs outstretched in front of us. I made sure there was a safe distance between us so I wouldn’t feel a little bit awkward.

“Luhan?”

Luhan was wagging his feet, and looked at me with those big round eyes. “Yeah?”

“Did you have fun today?”

He nodded like a kid. “Of course. A day with you is always fun. And add that amazing BMW convertible to catch. It was the best.”

“Hm. So you mean, the BMW is your best birthday gift?”

He nodded again. “But of course, I still haven’t gotten my birthday wish.”

I clasped my hands on my lap. I knew what he meant by that. “What is it?”

He looked at me, straight in the eyes. I saw the sincerity once again, just like the night he confessed. “You know what it is.”

I bit my lip.

Ever since that night he confessed, I already started thinking about this so much. It’s a decision I have to make that would totally change the course of our relationship. I tried to weigh every option I had. I was trying to think this thoroughly.

Who was the anno

Please log in to read the full chapter