twenty-five | happy birthday, chan-chan! (part 2)

Luhan: The Annoying Brat
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Luhan’s POV

“You shouldn’t have worn that.”

“Worn what?”

“That!”

“That what?! This dress?”

“That. And your make-up.”

Sungchan sighed. “Whatever.” But she left her hands clutched on my arms.

We walked around the party house that her parents rented and greeted the guests. As her bodyguard, I want to be by her side all the time. Mr. and Mrs. Bae don’t mind anyway.

But sadly, I kept on arguing with her from the start of the party. She was wearing that cute dress. And as I expected, she had some make-up on her and her hair was artistically braided behind her back. She’s beyond gorgeous than I’d ever imagine.

I’m saying that she shouldn’t have worn that because I’m getting out of breath.

Imagine walking with a goddess.

“Sooyoung!” Sungchan greeted one of our classmates and hugged her.

“Happy birthday Sungchan!” They did this kiss thing that girls do where they place their cheeks together. “I’m  glad I came. It’s so much fun here!” She turned to me. “Hey, Luhan.”

I smiled back.

It went on like this. Sungchan being greeted by the guests, them greeting me, saying a few words, then on to the next guest. I was pretty much bored to death, to be honest. But every time I see my Chan-Chan’s smile, my boredom just drifts away. I’m fine just being with her.

“You can drop the smile now,” I told her as we walked around.

She sighed. “I shouldn’t have held this party. Greeting them one by one is tiring.”

“I know. You’re lazy.”

“Hey!” She slapped me playfully on my arm. We laughed together, a time where I feel like we’re in our own world, until someone tapped Sungchan.

“Happy birthday, Sungchan!” Baekhyun greeted with his arms wide open.

“Baekhyun!” I watched Sungchan open her arms back and hug Baekhyun.

My eyes twitched.

Secretly, I want Baekhyun to burrrrrnn….

“Here.” Baekhyun gave her a small shopping bag with the trademark Gucci on it. He really is one filthy rich guy. “I bought you a present.”

“Seriously, Baekhyun. Another label?” Sungchan took the bag, but didn’t open it. “But thanks anyway.”

“You look pretty. So beautiful.” Baekhyun smiled at her.

My eyes narrowed into slits. If he lays a hand on her, he’ll never see the sunlight again.

“Thank you, Baek. I’m just glad you came.”

“Sungchan! Get ready! We’re blowing your candles!” I heard Mrs. Bae call.

Sungchan smiled at both of us and left towards her mother.

Beside me, Baekhyun was still gazing as she retreated. He looked at me and gave a surprise look. “Oh! Hey, Luhan! Didn’t see you there.”

Why you little fadfsadfklsjfhdslkfhlasdf…

I still forced out a half-smile. “Hey.”

“She’s so pretty right now, don’t you think? It looks good to see her so girly. She always wears boyish clothes.”

“I know.”

He patted my back. “Well, I’ll see you later on, ‘kay?”

I wanted to tell him not to touch me. We’re not close. But I nodded and smiled. “Okay.” He left somewhere else.

Everyone gathered where Sungchan’s cake was, and the candles were lit. Sungchan was behind the enormo

Please log in to read the full chapter