forty-nine | raindrops

Luhan: The Annoying Brat
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Thanks to Wonjin's sudden pep talk yesterday, I wasn't able to sleep right. I got so bothered. I sneaked out of our house and called Luhan. We went to this pond near our houses.

"He told that to you earlier?” Lulu asked.

We were sitting beside the water. I nodded. “I'm sorry.”

“You don’t need to be,” he whispered as we dipped our toes on the water. “Actually, he’s right. I want you to be happy. That’s the point of doing a lot of happy things for the past week, right?”

“But those memories only made me miss you more,” I confessed in a small voice.

“Those are memories I want you to treasure with you always,” he said.

We talked longer beside the pond last night. Both of us knew that if one of us ended our conversation, it’ll probably be the last that we’ll ever talk to each other face to face. And both of us knew we didn’t want that. So we talked randomly and aimlessly. But everything had to come to an end. He stood up and offered a hand to help me up.

“What time are you leaving?” I asked hesitantly.

“9.”

I nodded. “There’s… really… no stopping this, huh?”

He looked up at me, and for that brief second I thought that he’s gonna say he won’t leave. But he didn’t and just shook his head.

“So…” I looked away and rubbed my arm to release the tension I felt. “This is goodbye.” I won’t be able to come to the airport to send them off anymore because there’s school. So practically, this is already our last time together.

“That’s the first time I’ve heard you say that the whole week,” he grinned dryly. But he tugged my arm and pulled me to a long embrace. “Goodbye, Sungchan.”

I started crying on his chest. “Bye,” I croaked.

“Even if I won’t be able to see you again, please always take care of yourself,” he added.

“Yeah, I will,” I replied. “Do make visits, okay?”

“Of course.” He pulled away, and I noticed his eyes were watery, too. “I love you, Sungchan.”

I wasn’t able to speak. My voice got caught in my throat. But my body was in full motion. Instead of answering back, I expressed it in action. I pulled him closer to me and pressed my lips lightly on his lips. We both gave each other our first kiss. I poured out all my love for him in this small kiss, because bittersweet as it has always been, it’s going to be our last.

That’s how our last meeting ended.

 

I gazed out the window inside the classroom the next morning. My chin was tucked on my palm, and my elbow rested on the table. Our teacher was discussing some things with us, but I couldn’t take my eyes off the window.

There were birds perched on the ledge of the window. After a few moments of picking each other, they decided to fly away. My eyes then went to an airplane that just decided to pass by. My heart started to ache.

Could Luhan be riding that? I checked my wristwatch. It’s almost nine-thirty already. They’ve probably boarded off already.

My parents gave me the permission to miss class for the day to go with them and send L

Please log in to read the full chapter