Goodbye (will you return?)

My BadGirl (Dream Like Reality)

 

You took Alex to her school that day. She was super excited, “Now all my friends can see who my mom is” she sang.

“Why? did anyone ask you about mom?”

“Some boys use to tease me and say ‘your parent doesn’t love you that’s why only your uncles come to drop you’”

You got really shocked at what you’ve just heard, you looked at you daughter who was now smiling peacefully since you were with her that morning.

“Baby I will drop you every time from today, how’s that for a deal?”

“Really mommy?”

You nodded and smiled. She shouted with joy and you smiled seeing her so happy. Then you thought of Chansung.

“Alex if daddy too came back and comes and pick you up every day, how will it be?”

“Daddy? It will be best day ever,” she gleefully told you.

“How about I bring daddy back on your birthday?”

“You can do that?” she asked curiously, you could see excitement and anticipation in her large sweet eyes, you felt relief that she was looking forward to seeing/knowing her dad rather than being reluctant.

“mmmmhuh”you winked at her.

 

 

TOP stay frozen on the spot, GD came in a car and called out to him, “Hyung come one let’s go!”. But he would not move. He saw his sister 10 feet away lying on the ground in blood. Chansung got up shocked and dazed people were gathering around them. All that was going on in his mind was * What have I done? What have I done?*

GD came to his car and opened the door, “Hyung let’s go people are gathering, their attention will soon be here, let go before the cops come.”

“Je-s-s    Je-s-i-ca” TOP mumbled,

“Hyung! Time is running out”

“What have I done, look at my sister, what have I done?” he was terrified, scared and his hands were shaking, “I think I killed my own sister” he cried out.

 “That’s why I told you not to do something stupid, you should have listened to me and just let them go” GD scolded him as he looked grimly at where Jessica was lying, Jessica she was like a younger sister for him too, he wasn’t able to stop TOP from what he was going to do *I’m sorry Jess, I could not stop your brother and I could not protect you*

He looked at Chansung trying to revive her and saw her fingers tweaked a little from time to time and GD knew Jessica would be okay for now. But right now he had to get his friend away before he was caught.

Chansung was shouting at the people to call 911. Within a few minutes a police siren was heard.

“Come on, she will be fine they are calling an ambulance, let’s get out of here”

“Jessica” was all TOP could utter.

GD pulled him by the collar, “hyung! Look me in the eyes, she is alive you did not kill her and she will be fine, if you don’t come now, the police will catch you any minute, do you understand?”

TOP stared blankly at him, “I- I-I but Jessica” he looked really guilty, he felt really bad and regretted what he had just did.

“Hyung” GD slapped him to bring back his senses, which seemed to work, he looked clearly and calmly at GD without moving, “GD my friend it’s okay go without me, I did a very wicked and evil thing and now I am paying the price, I will be fine, please take care of my sister make sure she is okay, it’s okay even if she doesn’t forgive me, GO”

GD looked at his best friend for a while then realized he was right. With final pat on his back he left him. The police reached and immediately people pointed at TOP’s car and he was arrested while the ambulance arrived and took both Chansung and Jessica to the hospital.

 

As soon as you reached the office you got a call from Chansung and rushed to the hospital. You saw him with a sling around his left arm, “Chansung are you okay?” you asked anxiously.

“I am fine, I just fractured my arm a bit,” he told you.

“Fracture is not a simple thing” you gave him a stern yet concern look, which made him smile, “Sarah I am fine besides doc said this will be removed within a week,” he reassured you.

“Okay” you finally relaxed.

“Actually I am not the only one” he added looking at you in unreadable expression which confused you. You just looked at him to continue. He told you what happened from when he was in the office and how Jessica came to call him on a date to when she was hit by her brother’s car meant to hit him. You were angry and grateful at Jessica at the same time, but right now you were worried for her, “where is she? Is she okay?”

“She is in surgery now and Doctor said it will be possible to meet her only tomorrow since it a serious injury and the impact on the head was huge.”

“Though I feel sorry for her I am grateful that she was the one hit instead of you” you said looking at him, Chansung looked at you for a long time then hugged you, “I know”

 

 

That evening you stayed at his house and helped him with cooking and cleaning. He was not able to do most of the things with just one arm and so you stay till 10. It was the best evening you’ve spent. Just staying by his side after so many years was bliss. After dinner as you were doing the dishes he was standing next to you handing you the dishes. You took the pipe and spray him on his face.

“Yah!” he shouted not actually angry, you stuck out your tongue at him, “I got the pipe so not a chance for you” you sang.

“Really” he came closer, you sprayed on him again and ran while he started chasing you. You ran but he was quicker and caught you by your waist with his good arm.

“Gotcha” he triumphantly smiled.

“Not so fast” you said and pushed his hand ran out of his grasp and you slightly shook his other arm too, “AHHHHHH”

You immediately stopped and turned to him, “Are you okay?  Are you hurt?”

He mischievously smiled and caught you again, “That’s not fair” you pouted.

“You weren’t so fair before, remember?”

You thought for a moment and laughed, “Fine”

He carried you with his one arm around your waist to the living room, “Chansung put me down, I need to finish the dishes”

“The maid can do it tomorrow; I want to be with you before you go”

“Okay, but I can walk put me down your arm is injured”

“No I want to carry you” he stubbornly said.

As you both sat on the couch half lying down he stared at your face for a long time, you blushed under his gaze and unlike you, you felt shy, “What?”

“Nothing I was just thinking how could I have forgotten this pretty face of yours” he replied sounding a little sad.

“Hey it wasn’t your fault, I am happy and glad that you stayed alive” you smiled and snuggled against him closer. He smiled “how did you manage to make me fall all over you again”

You laughed and joked, “You just cannot repel from me whether you like it or not”

“Hahahaha I guess we are destined together” he ran his fingers through your hair, “I loved you long hair but this short pixie hair cut makes you more attractive and makes you more feminine”

You laughed, “Isn’t long hair supposed to make one look more feminine?”

“Yeah usually but you are always different, and nothing normal will go along with you” he teased you.

“Yah!” you pouted.

He pulled you face towards him and kissed you, “You are unique and special and I’m lucky to have you”

 

 

The next day you both went to visit Jessica. The Doctor asked Chansung if his name was Daniel which he replied yes. The he asked if he was her husband which surprised you both. “No I am not, why?”

“You will see”

 

 

You went to her room. Jessica saw you and looked scared, she eyed you suspiciously. You went closer to her, “Hi Jess, how are you?”

“Do you know me?” she asked you, which made you blinked just as Chansung entered. She eyed him too the same way.

“Hey Jess how are you?”

She just stared at him, “Chansung I don’t think she recognizes us” you mouthed to him. He nodded then turned to Jessica, “hey we are your friends, remember us? Sarah and Daniel?”

She looked scared at first but then at the name of Daniel she became calm, “You are Daniel?”

“Yes”

She looked at Chansung for awhile then smiled broadly, “Daniel, you finally came back to me”

You both blinked, you pulled Chansung by his arms, “let’s talk outside.”

“Where are you taking my boyfriend?” she glared at you, which made yours and Chansung’s eyes rise with question, but you decided it was best to first find out what was going on.

“uh, just to get you some soda” you meekly smiled. Her smile returned, “oh okay”

 

You both immediately went to the doctor. The doctor looked grimly at you both, “I’m sorry to inform you that Jessica has lost her memory. She remembers only Daniel her boyfriend from the USA”

“What! Memory lost? And how can she remember only Daniel? You both asked at the same time.

“Well if there is something she must have heard or found out that she did not like and regretted during the time of the accident when she was hit in the head, like something which hurts and pained her and she does not want it all to be true, it gets erased along with everyone connected to it. And as for the only thing she remembers, it is a case where only one moment in their life they feel happy and good and want to remember only that so when her head was hit she must have thought of only Daniel which results remembering him only”

 

 

You both sat solemnly out in the hospital park, the doctor’s words still echoed, “Jessica’s case is very delicate since her brain was injured badly, even personality change happens, she might remember again but that could take years in her case since it delicate case and putting her under stress or pressure could lead her to coma, so be careful. Right now only the thought of her boyfriend Daniel put her in free state of mind and it’s important to keep her calm”

 

You went in and Jessica lit up as soon as she saw Chansung behind you,” Daniel you came back, I missed you, what happened to your hands?” she asked with full concern which caught you both off guard. *personality change for sure* you both thought.

“I just slipped at my house”

“You are always so careless Daniel” she laughed, “who is this girl?” she asked suddenly serious and like a real jealous boyfriend.

“uhhh she is a friend” he said not sure what to say.

“Oh friend… nothing more? ”

Chansung was about to say something but you looked at him sternly, he sighed, “yeah just a friend”

“Then good, you both must be close, anyway since she is you friend she is my friend too, right dongsaeng?” she smiled at you immediately becoming happy again.

“Yeah I guess” you said.

“You look younger than me and you are so pretty, Chansung where did you get such an adorable friend?” she asked him then turned to you immediately, “you are Sarah right? I heard him calling you that, you can call me eonni”

You smiled at how her personality has changed, she was very jovial and kid like *not bad after all I guess*

 

 

As you went home on the way you discussed about Jessica.

“What do we do?” Chansung asked you.

“I don’t know but I like her now she is so different she is better with her knew personality” you smiled, which made Chansung smile too, “What I am asking you solution and you are just giving comment”

“Like the doctor said she can’t be put under pressure or stress so we can’t just tell her anything which might surprise or frighten her” you said.

“Yeah” he said and sat grimly.

You knew since Jessica remembered only Chansung he would have to be by her side during her recovery. But you did not like the thought of Chansung away again.

“I can understand what Jessica is going through right now, I have been there and it’s hopeless, just blank” Chansung said, you did not reply cause you knew what that means.

“Sarah what do you suggest we do?”

“You know the answer so don’t ask me” you said a bit angry.

He looked at you, “what did you say?”

“I said you know the answer so why ask me!”

“Why are you shouting?”

“I’m angry why must Jessica be the one to safe you, I am grateful she did, but look at what she and her brother did and first knowingly she took you away and now unknowingly she is taking you away from me again.” You shouted.

“Sarah, she is injured trying to safe me, I owe her my life, she will be well soon”

“define soon, six months? 1yrs? 5yrs? 10yrs?”

“Sarah don’t say it like that”

“I know, but I am frustrated and scared okay?” you admitted almost crying, you were angry at yourself for feeling that way but you were angrier that Chansung might go away.

“I know” he looked at you tenderly, “Let’s just wait what happens later on.”

 

Jessica would only be happy when Chansung was around, she wasn’t progressing and she would not even eat when he was not around. The doctor suggested that she be taken to Kansas Hospital in US which was good for treating patients like her case. You feared this coming and did not want to lose Chansung again. But you knew at the same time you could not just let Jessica suffer like that. You barely saw Chansung for the next 4 days since he was always needed at the hospital, when you were together he did not like to discuss the matter with you, since he felt torn between his heart and mind, he did not know what to do, whether he had to go and be with Jessica and help her recover or stay here with Sarah and Alex.

 “I too don’t want to go to her, maybe I will just be here with you, she will recover anyway” he said with unreadable expression.

You knew he too felt torn between the right thing to do. He wanted to be with you, but he knew Jessica became like that in order to save his life and so he atleast have to help her recover, he owe her that much. But he did not want to lose you again; he did not know what to do.

“She and his brother did so many things to us so we are even” he said again trying to convince himself that even if he doesn’t help Jessica it was okay.

“I am not going to stay as her fake boyfriend” he continued.

You felt your heart squeeze as you saw Chansung struggling to make up his mind. Even though you did not want him to go you knew he wanted to help Jessica, he was too soft hearted and kind. He felt responsible for what happened to Jessica, but he would not go since you were gonna get hurt if he goes. So you decided to let him go.

“Go to her Chansung, it’s okay, I will be fine, we will be fine”

“No I am not leaving again”

“You are you liked her once haven’t you, you will like her again, just go and help her”

“Don’t say that, I love you and I am not losing you again”

“Just go Chansung, we were fine before you came back so we will be fine after you go too” you said though you felt your heart breaking as you said those words. You knew Chansung would be hurt by what you said but that was the only way to help him ease his heart.

“But what about you and Alex doesn’t even know me yet” he said feeling really hurt at what you’ve just said and sad that you were sending him away. He wanted you to say to him to stay, but he was also grateful that you did not.

“She will…know”

“Sarah” he held your hands for a long time, you wished this would last forever just him holding your hands. You finally controlled your tears as much as you could and looked at him, “Just go”

He looked at you with tender expression and then kissed your hands and left.

 

 

You went to your daughter’s room crying and hugged Alex, “I am sorry baby, Mommy is really sorry”

She looked at you with questioning eyes, “Momma what happen?” and hugged you tightly. You patted her head, “Baby daddy will not come back, he has to go and help a friend who lost her memory, you know he too lost memory before so it is very painful and daddy knows, so he has to help this friend”

“Oh” she said completely disappointed and looked really sad, you felt you heart break even more, *maybe you should atleast know your dad now* you turn to her

 “Baby wanna see daddy’s face?” you asked.

“Really I can?”

You took a picture of Chansung and you in the cottage you took 4 yrs ago. She looked at the photo for a long time, “Mom is he Daniel uncle?” you nodded.

“So he is my daddy?” “yes honey”

She smiled at the picture, and you smiled she did not look surprise or angry, you were glad that she took everything so well.

 

“Mommy daddy is so handsome” she smiled, tears filled your eyes you laughed, “yeah he is”

Then you began telling her stories about what all happened while she listened eagerly.

 

 

The D-day came. Alex was supper excited that it was her b’day. All her uncles were at her heels, practically running behind her like her tail. You changed the theme of the fashion show to “Broken Memory.” The show was in a stadium not just for fashion people but for Infinite fans too, that way the clothing line will get more exposure. Before the show started Infinite performed which was a great hit. Then the ramp show started and finally you and Alex walked in the end. She was all hyper and like a real model only trapped in a small body. Her uncles were cheering for her, fanboying in such a way that would make a grandma faint.

 

Your name was called since you were the designer. You stepped forward and every one clapped, “Hi everyone” you smiled awkwardly, “I haven’t prepared a speech so I am just gonna sing instead based on our theme Broken Memory” everyone clapped again, you scanned the crowd and searched for a face and finally you saw him. Chansung stood near the door and looked at you tenderly and with pain in his eyes. You smiled at him *miss you Chansung*

“This is for a someone who meant a world to me” you said as the music started. You began to sing Miley Cyrus’ song “Bottom of the ocean”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJRXLM7Ay1M

 

It’s been in a past for a while,

 I get a flash and I smile

Am I crazy?  Still miss you baby.

It was real, it was right,

But it burned too hot to survive.

All that’s left is, all this ashes

 

 

Where does love go?

I don’t know.

When it’s all said and done, 

How could I be losing you forever?

After all the time we’ve spent together.

 I had to why I had to lose you

Now you’ve just become like everything I’ll never find again.

At the bottom of the ocean

 

 

In a dream you appeared

 For a while you were here

So I keep sleeping just to keep you here with me

I’ll draw a map connect the dots

W ith all the memories that I’ve got

 What I’m missing I’ll keep reliving.

 

 

You don’t have to love me

For me to, baby, ever understand

Just know I love the time that we both had.

And I don’t ever wanna see you sad, be happy.

Cause I don’t want to hold you

If you don’t want to tell me you love me babe

Just know I’m gonna have to walk away

I’ll be enough for both of us to say, be happy.

Mmmmm  Be happy.


 

 

 

You smiled at him with tears and he looked at you the same way. He mouthed “Thank you, I love you” with sad expression mixture of pain and gratefulness. Everyone stood up and gave you a standing ovation. The MC who happened to be the hot, y Woohyun of the Infinite band was stunned, “Wow our designer not is not only talented in designing but is also a talented in singing” he praised you. 

Then Infinite band came on stage L took the mike, “Hi everyone” he was responded with lot of fans screaming at the top of their lungs. He smiled goofily like he always did. His hyung Sunggyu shook his head, “Here let me help you” he winked at his popular saeng.

“Okay our dear fans, you all have been with us every step of the way and today too we want to ask favour from you all so will you help us?”

“YES OPPA!” all the fans shouted.

“Today is our favorite fan’s birthday, she is the cutest fan ever and was with us before we even became a band, so are you all ready to wish her Happy B’day with us?”

They were jealous for a moment, Sungjong the youngest look at them pouting, “Not gonna wish with us? she is very precious to us”  he asked cutely, everyone melted.

“Okay oppa we will” they all cheered, L spoke again, “Okay let’s welcome our most beautiful niece Alex” he said smiling like a proud uncle he was, Alex walked on the stage shyly and a bit scared.

Hoya took her tiny hand and led her to the center, “Princess you look so beautiful, want this handsome oppa to dance for you?” he asked to ease her.

“Really?” she asked cutely, her sweet baby voice filling the place, the fans were surprised to see a small girl and on top of that she was their Oppas niece, they were immediately like,

“Omo see they are so caring”

“Their niece is so cute!”

“Im seeing different side of Hoya oppa today”

“They really care for her”

 

Music started and Hoya danced for Alex and she smiled happily and clapped her hands excitedly in the end, then they made her stand in the middle and “Everyone ready?” he asked all nodded.

Then everyone began singing, “Saeng-il-chu-ka deu-rim-ni-da!” clapping their hands, you saw your daughter happy expression and smiled. Then you were called forward and you went to help Alex with cutting her cake, “Thank you guys” you mouthed to the L and his friends, “Not a problem noona” D.O smiled at you.

“Make a wish and blow the candles Princess” Woohyun took back his MC position and told Alex, she closed her eyes and said her wish then blew the candles.

“Wah! now our little princess is 5yr old, already a little a lady” Sungyeol who doesn’t talk much spoke up smiling broadly.

“Alex what wish did you make?” a fan from the audience asked. Alex looked at you for help, you smiled go ahead it’s okay. She took the microphone and smiled nervously, you gave her a reassuring smile and she became braver.

“I wanted a puppy for my b’day but then only one wish will be granted so I gave that up and wished for My Daddy’s return, my mommy really misses him, she use to kiss me goodnight for daddy every night but I want to get goodnight kiss from daddy himself but now he has to go away, I wished that he will be back with us”

Everyone’s eyes was moist with tears when they heard her, “don’t worry Alex daddy will return!” they shouted to her encouragingly.

Chansung walked out of the stadium with tears in his eyes.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Long chapter for my LOVELY READERS! <3

 

Sad got only a chapter left T T neway am excited that one story will be finally complete :)