The Coldest Beach Trip

I've Fallen For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

From the distance, Woohyun notices the two of you enter the ballroom, walking side by side with Myungsoo's tux jacket still wrapped around your shoulders. A wide grin forms on his face just as he brings the glass of champagne to his lips. “Well look at that. Who would’ve thought our impassive prince could be such a charmer?" he comments to himself with a shake of the head.

 

Myungsoo leads you back to the head table where his father and your parents are seated along with your aunt and uncle. And upon arriving, you immediately spot Hana slouched on her seat with heavy eyes set on the glass centerpiece. She blindly dissects a fruit tart with her fork, unaware her savior has come to rescue her.

 

“There they are,” Kim Jae Sun greets, directing everyone’s attention to the two of you. A hidden smirk soon marks his face after laying eyes on his son’s jacket around you.

 

Sensing the meaning behind his expression, you quietly take it off and hand it back to Myungsoo, thanking him with a smile.

 

“Were you two together this whole time?” his father inquires with much interest after the two of you take your seats.

 

“No, I just ran into her outside,” Myungsoo replies before you had the chance to answer. He holds his father’s gaze with a rather cold pair of eyes until the grin on the old man’s lips finally disappears. Like always, there was no need to second guess himself; he already knows the hotel mogul just saw another opportunity to increase his empire through you.

 

“I see,” Jae Sun breathes out with audible disappointment. He then turns to your uncle and resumes their discussion earlier.

 

“Where were you?” Hana asks after eyeing the father and son, “Were you really not with him?”

 

“No, I wasn’t,” you lie, knowing Jae Sun surely kept an ear open for the words he wants to hear. To shift his attention away, you turn to your cousin and stare at her judgingly. “Shouldn’t I be the one asking where you’ve been? Just where did you and Chunji run off to?” you ask, continuing to interrogate her until you’re certain Myungsoo’s father has lost interest in your conversation.

 

|| …………. ||

 

After another hour of listening to endless rants about capital investments, projected growths, and ROIs, you and Hana are moments away from passing out. Although it’s an eighteen-year old’s birthday party, a party this formal is never fun.

 

From across the table, in a similar boat, Myungsoo quietly plays with his watch, observing every now and then, your difficult fight against the sleep fairy. If only he isn’t “the man of the night”, he would’ve already bolted—possibly with you in tow.

 

Ka-kung! A quiet ring emerges from Hana’s phone, halting your individual battles.

 

She immediately sits up on her seat and checks the message with high hopes of it being your ticket out. And thankfully it is.

 

After replying to the not-so-mysterious texter, you feel her pointy elbow nudging your arm.

 

“What?” you ask in a whisper.

 

“The guys are asking if we want to go to the beach with them,” your cousin answers, showing you the text Chunji sent her.

 

"The beach? Right now?” you reply, a little confused. Of course, you also want to escape…but the beach?

 

With her newfound energy, Hana nods excitedly. "Yes, right now. Please? Please please please Mi Young-ah, can we go?" she begs, knowing her parents won't let her go alone.

 

Giving into her desperate pleads, you lean close to your dad and ask for permission to leave early.

 

He immediately refuses—and even comments how odd of an invitation it is—but after mentioning LJoe will be there, he somehow changes his mind and ends up allowing you to go. “Okay princess, just return home safely,” he tells you while giving your hand a light pat, “You two be careful now, understand?”

 

“Yes dad. Thank you, uncle!” you and Hana take turns replying as you get up from your seats.

 

“Leaving already?” Jae Sun asks, watching the two of you collect your belongings.

 

“Ah yes, they’re meeting up with Byung Hun and his friends,” your dad answers with a smile. For what reason? You have no idea.

 

“East Asian Air’s Lee Byung Hun-ssi?” Myungsoo’s father clarifies with curiosity.

 

Your dad nods happily, “Yes, they’re quite close.”

 

“I see…” a seemingly disappointed Kim Jae Sun breathes out before switching his gaze to his son, who responds with indifference.

 

“Um, thank you for having us,” you interrupt, followed by a polite bow, “Please enjoy the rest of the night.”

 

Jae Sun turns his attention to you and returns a slight bow. “No, no. Thank you for coming. I hope to see you again soon,” he replies with a smile.  

 

Just then, Myungsoo gets up from his seat. “I’ll walk them out,” he announces, happy to have found an excuse to leave the dreary table and distance himself from his father.

 

|| …………. ||

 

As the three of you head for the exit, a familiar voice calls from behind, making all of you pause and turn around.

 

“Wait! Mi Young-ssi, wait!” Woohyun calls again as he jogs across the lobby. He stops just a foot or two away from and with a deep breath, he begins, “I just wanted to say I'm sorry. I sincerely apologize for how I acted and I—”

 

But before he can finish his sentence, you cut him off. “Sorry?” you repeat with a scoff. “What’s with the sudden one-eighty Nam Woohyun-ssi?” you ask coldly and meet his flustered gaze, “Do you really take me as someone who forgives that easily?”

 

“No, I…uh…” Hansung’s beast struggles to answer. He eyes Myungsoo, and even Hana, like a lost puppy begging for help.

 

Similarly dumbfounded, the two glances at each other before looking back at you. “Mi—Mi Young-ah…” Hana breathes out, somewhat intimidated—because you are, of course, the daughter of the most powerful man in the country.

 

“Mi Young-ssi,” Myungsoo calls calmly right after her.

 

Signaling your surrender, you release a heavy sigh. “If I was able to forgive that egotistical jerk, I guess it’s only fair that I also give you a second chance,” you mumble, almost to yourself. And so, you once again meet Woohyun’s anxious eyes and flash a half smile, “It’s fine. I forgive you.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yes, really,” you confirm.

 

With that, Woohyun lets out a huge sigh of relief followed by a wide smile. He then starts an endless chant of thank you’s and I’m sorry’s as he escorts you outside to the hotel’s main entrance.

 

|| …………. ||

 

Myungsoo moves closer to you just as an unwary guest passes by on their way to the lobby. His hand accidentally brushes against yours during the act, igniting a small spark his heart—something he never expected from something so light. Just what are you? He asks himself in disbelief before focusing his gaze ahead.

 

“Don’t worry,” he starts just as three sports cars pull up the hotel's driveway.

 

“Hm?”

 

Hansung’s prince turns his head and meets your confused gaze. “What happened in the garden, I'll keep it a secret,” he answers, adding in a tantalizing smile at the end, “…for now.”

 

“Eh?”

 

Just then, the three cars arrive in front of the four of you. First to come out is Chunji, followed by Changjo, and finally, out of the Ferrari, LJoe, who momentarily freezes at the sight of you.

 

“Oppa!” Hana exclaims, running up to Chunji happily and kissing him on the cheek as if she hasn't seen him in days. Without responding, he simply wraps an arm around his girlfriend's shoulder and stares at both Woohyun and Myungsoo.

 

None of the five guys have muttered a single word, yet this heavy tension has already filled the air. With quiet breaths, you watch them—except for Myungsoo—glare at each other with livid expressions, looking like they’re ready to fight. A nerve-wrecking scene for sure.

 

LJoe makes his way to you, stopping just a few feet away. He takes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter