Fallen For Who?

I've Fallen For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

|| The Following Morning ||

 

You rise like the undead as you sit up on your bed and stare blankly ahead.

 

Thinking about this afternoon’s event, you turn your attention to the phone sitting on top of your nightstand and lean towards it, grabbing it with wriggling fingers. With the device now in clearer view, you hold up the two and a half year old charm attached to it and run your thumb along its faded details, letting out a faint breath. This is it…

 

After being comforted by the warmth of your bed covers, you head downstairs for breakfast with your parents—the loving couple who recently arrived from their second "honeymoon" trip this year.

 

“Good morning," you greet sleepily as you take your seat and begin to fill your plate with waffles and fruits.

 

"Oh, good morning Mi Young," your parents passively return the greeting wearing bright smiles set on each other.

 

You look up from your breakfast only to see your mom and dad lovingly staring at each other as if conversing with their eyes.

 

"Wha~this early in the morning?" you breathe out loud, staring at them, "Please stop trying to outdo the younger couples with your…" You take a pause and scan them once more from head to toe with judging eyes, "your displays of affection."

 

"What’s this dear? I think our Mi Young needs to decide soon before she gets even more jealous than she already is," your mom teases, finally turning to look at you.

 

With brows furrowed down and slightly pouted lips, you glare at your mother, "Huh?"

 

"Yes, it's just as you heard darling…and I think I know who'll be just perfect for you sweetie," your mom starts as you pop a blackberry in your mouth. "Kim Myungsoo-ssi," she finishes excitedly, making you choke on the fruit.

 

You swiftly reach for your glass of Saratoga and take large gulps. “Omma!” you exclaim once you can finally breathe. Unprepared for her laidback comment, you feel blood quickly rushing to your cheeks and staining them pink. As if asking for back up, you switch your widened eyes to your protective father, but he offers none.

 

"Your mom is right dear. You need to find someone soon. You're not getting any younger and we can't have people thinking GH Group’s heiress is lacking," he tells you in a joking manner, “However, instead of Kim Myungsoo, I think that Lee Byung Hun is the more suitable candidate."

 

Completely caught off guard by your parents’ recommendations, you stand up from your seat. "A-appa!" you exclaim for the second time, just as your cheeks become more flushed than they already are.

 

"Oh don’t be over dramatic," your mom instructs, still with that teasing smile.

 

“Yes, sit down and finish your food dear,” your dad adds soon after.

 

Unable to protest, you follow their order like a well-raised daughter and clean your plate before excusing yourself.

 

Once you get to the foyer, you glance back at them, still in their own little world. “You two should just go on another honeymoon," you suggest teasingly and loud enough for your parents to hear.

 

Your dad lets out a thunderous laugh and faces his wife. "Dear, should we do just that?" he asks her cheerfully.

 

As you head up the stairs, you spot them from the distance happily planning another getaway and find yourself smiling at true love. I know you'll make me happy just as much as how my dad makes my mom feel like he's her everything.

 

|| …………. ||

 

Later that afternoon, you head down to meet everyone else for Suho’s big day.

 

You descend the stairs wearing a floor-length, strapless navy blue dress with a high slit and your hair swept to the side, cascading down your shoulders in waves.

 

The four single gentlemen radiating with charisma all stare in amazement, especially Myungsoo and LJoe. The two of them walk towards you, lending their hands as they guide you down the last step.

 

"Mi Young, you're—you're," LJoe starts, struggling to find the right words to describe you.

 

"You're beautiful," Myungsoo whispers softly, finishing LJoe's sentence.

 

You smile at both guys and thank them for the compliments while trying to control the excitement and a swirl of other emotions fluttering about you.

 

|| Wedding Hall ||

 

As the seven of you make your way down to the ceremony hall, you find all eyes directed towards your group—seven of Korea's most influential young elites—and like always, whispers amongst the guests begin to circulate as they ponder about your identities and respective family business.

 

You all opt to sit at the very last row available to prevent stealing the spotlight further from the bride and groom, and once everyone else is seated and facing front, the ceremony finally starts.

 

As the familiar wedding march plays in the background, Suho nervously watches his veiled bride walk down the aisle with the widest and brightest smile.

 

Once Hye Su and her father reaches the front, Suho takes her hand in his and leads her to up a step to the altar. They face the officiant and make a lasting promise in front of their families, friends, and God.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter