Bonus: I've Fallen For You: Suho's Ending

I've Fallen For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello again my lovely readers! As a bonus, here’s the alternate ending for those rooting for Suho.

Thanks again for all the support! :D

 

- Saranghae45

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

(Rearrangement and continuation of Chapter 44: Uh Oh for LJoe)

 

|| Dress Shop ||

 

"Oppa!" Hye Su exclaims excitedly as she exits the dressing room in a simple white wedding dress. The ear-to-ear grin on her face reveals she has already forgotten the events of earlier.

 

With the image of your pained and disappointed expression still fresh in his mind, Suho remains quiet. He turns his attention to his twirling future wife, looking at her with much gravity in his eyes.

 

"What’s wrong oppa? Don’t you like it?" she asks in a cute manner as she inspects the dress.

 

"Hye Su," Suho starts with a calm yet authoritative voice.

 

Not wanting to hear anything about you, she tries to avoid the topic and turns to leave with another dress in hand, but before she can disappear behind the curtain, Suho stops her.

 

“Kang Hye Su" he repeats, this time with a firmer tone.

 

Hye Su pauses. It's the first time she's heard him sound like this and it alerted every cell in her body. Nonetheless, she ignores his call and nervously continues on her way.

 

“Will you stop it?” he commands, raising his voice and making her freeze on the spot.  

 

With a silent gulp, she forces herself to face him as he walks up to her.

 

Suho grabs her by the arms and looks into her eyes with a chilly gaze. "You have to stop pretending you're only surrounded by the people you want in your life," he tells her through clenched teeth.

 

Unable to reply, she remains quiet.  

 

"I've stayed away from her like you told me to, but I can't let it continue like this," Suho states, "We're getting married soon and you're going to be my wife. You can't just ignore things you don’t find suitable in your life."

 

"Why not? Why can’t I?" Hye Su fires back, her eyes b with tears. "All this time, I've been doing just that and you were perfectly fine with it, but why now? Why just now? Now that you’ve seen her again?" She takes a pause and glares at her fiancé. "When are you going to stop being in love with her?” she yells out in frustration. It's the question she never ever dared to ask him because she's afraid of the answer he'll give, but before she realizes, it's already too late to take it back.

 

Suho refrains from answering and releases his grip as if he lost every bit of energy stored within him. He lowers his eyes as he comes to accept what he didn’t want to believe is true.

 

"Never," he replies loud enough for her to hear. Almost as if talking to himself, he continues, "No matter what I do, no matter how hard I try, I just can't learn to love you the way you expect me to…I can't keep lying to myself…I can't force myself to forget about her."

 

"O—oppa…" Hye Su trails off, her voice trembling as she begs him to stay, "Oppa please…"

 

Suho meets her widened eyes blurred with tears and backs away slowly, knowing what he's about to do will affect more than just that two of them,  "I’m sorry Hye Su…I’m sorry."

 

|| Same Time at the Soju Tent ||

 

Despite waiting thirty minutes for the rain to pass, it doesn’t.

 

You hold the tent cover above your head and look up at the sky for the nth time, watching rain descend and hit the pavement like fast moving bullets. You let out a sigh and step out onto the street, contemplating whether or not you should use the hop method to get back to university grounds.

 

As you run to the nearest store, someone calls from behind.

 

“You congratulate me, but the first thing you do is drink?” the person yells playfully.

 

Recognizing his familiar voice, you hasten your pace to escape having to talk to him, let alone face him.

 

"Are you really going to leave just like that?" he asks, stopping you.

 

With a sigh, you turn around and see Suho standing there, breathing heavily from the full sprint he just completed. Showing no emotion, you meet his eyes. “Isn’t that what you did?” you answer with a steady tone.

 

Without responding, he runs up to you and pulls you into his arms, hugging you tightly.

 

You feel yourself go weak in an instant. Though you refuse to admit it, you’ve missed everything about him—the look in his eyes, the sound of his voice, the warmth of his touch…

 

“I’m sorry, Mi Young,” he whispers, dropping the formality he's been using since meeting you. He tightens his embrace as he begins to explain, “About Hye Su…I—I made that promise before I met you and if I only knew how much—”

 

“It’s late. You should go back,” you interject in soft whisper. Forcing down the lump of pain in your throat, you gently push him away and free yourself from his grasps, “Kang Hye Su…she's a nice girl and she really cares for you. I think you two will be happy together."

 

Hearing those words, Suho lowers his empty arms back to his side. He lets out a pained breath and sets his eyes to the wet ground, “So that’s it?”

 

"Goodbye, Suho sunbae," you say as you drop down to a bow before turning to go.

 

“Before you leave,” he starts in a low voice, stopping you on your tracks for the second time, “can you at least tell me, how in the world am I supposed to stop loving you?”

 

Like a bullet to the heart, you feel a sharp pain digging in your chest. Stop loving me?

 

Without waiting for a response, Suho makes his way over and spins you around, forcing you to face him. He stares into your eyes with his own lined with tears and with a quivering voice, he attempts to continue, "Mi Young, I—”

 

"Don’t," you find yourself interrupting him once more, "don't stop loving me…"

 

Though surprised, he holds his gaze just as his lips curve into a soft smile. He slowly wraps his arm around your waist and pulls you closer, leaning in for that long awaited kiss.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter