Running Into Prince Charming

I've Fallen For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As he disappears into the crowd, your hand makes its way to your lips still tingling with the cold sensation of the damp paper. And with a slightly faster than normal pounding heart, you feel your cheeks grow hot.

 

“Hana-ya, do you know him?” you ask curiously, turning to your who’s who expert cousin.

 

Taking her time to devour the sauce drenched rice bar, Hana looks up from her stick of ddukbokki. "Nugu? (Who?)" she answers as she stands on her tippy toes and looks around.

 

Since the charming stranger had already disappeared into the crowd, you shake your head, "Never mind."

 

As you turn your body back towards the stand, you hear something snap near your feet. You look down and see a student pick up a completely cracked smart phone. Oh! That guy must've dropped it when we bumped into each other. You think to yourself, but before you can even say anything, the student places the stray device in his pocket and walks away.

 

|| …………. ||

 

The following Friday after your classes, you and Hana head over to Shinil University to help with the rest of the banquet decorations.

As you approach the hall leading to the venue, you find the committee gathered right outside the closed towering doors.

 

Before you can inquire about the situation, one of the girls approaches the two of you. “Looks like we can’t do any work today. The head of the committee went out of town and the person who took his place accidentally misplaced the key…” she informs you, getting everyone to shift their attention to the guy shirking with embarrassment, “they said they're not sure how long it’ll take to get another one since most of the custodians have already left.”

 

“Ah…”

 

Unsure of what to do, the two of  you join the others, but after waiting for a little more than ten minutes, most decided to go, leaving you, LJoe, Hana, Chunji, Changjo, and Ji Hun, the guy who took charge after the committee head.

 

"I—I’m sorry…” Ji Hun struggles to apologize, shaking with fear from being in the presence of the "Almighty LJoe".

 

“You better be!” LJoe threatens, pretending to throw a punch.

 

The poor guy cowers, wincing in terror.

 

“Hey!” you scream at the hot head, “Stop that!”

 

Without protest, like an obedient little boy, LJoe lowers his fist and slumps down on the steps next to Ji Hun, who’s still protecting his head with his hands.

 

Having no care in the world, Changjo lies down on the pavement and covers his eyes with his left arm, dozing off to sleep. He doesn’t understand why the six of you chose to remain and wait for someone who may or may not come, but he’s too lazy to ask.

 

After some more minutes have passed, Hana, Chunji, and LJoe are getting more and more restless. They each take turns going around in circles like a train on a looping track.

 

“AISH!” Chunji curses out of frustration as he scratches his head, “What now?”

 

“We-we-well…” Ji Hun begins, “there’s…there’s”

 

“If that sentence doesn’t involve opening that goddamn door, then I don’t want to hear it,” LJoe threatens once more, rudely cutting him off.

 

You shot him an icy glare, then face Ji Hun. “Ignore him," you instruct with a friendly smile. "what were you saying?”

 

“Um…there’s a town festival being held today at a small shopping district close by…if anyone wants to go…I can…”

 

Hearing those words, Hana, Chunji, and even Changjo, who just woke up, are already excited to go. Because who doesn’t like stuffing themselves with all kinds of street food under endless carnival lights?

 

“Festival?” LJoe repeats, unable to help himself, “Yeah right! I’d rather—” he starts, but this time, you're the one who cut him off.

 

“I’d love to go!” you shout with enthusiasm, turning to the others. “Anyone else wants join us? Or would you rather stay here and do whatever he plans to do?” you ask as you glance at LJoe.

 

They shake their heads in reply and the four immediately start on their way, leaving you and LJoe behind. 

 

“You sure you don’t want to come?” you ask as you slowly back away. 

 

Being the stubborn person that he is, LJoe remains silent.

 

“Alright then…” you mumble to yourself before turning around and jogging to catch up with the others.

 

But as expected, you feel someone walking beside you some seconds later. Your lips curve into a slight smile. “Did you get scared of being all by yourself?” you tease.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter