The Second Encounter

I've Fallen For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After such a long day yesterday, you were hoping to get plenty of rest and catch up on some sleep, but Hana had different plans. “Wake up my little ball of sunshine!” your overenthusiastic cousin screams as soon as she swung your bedroom doors open.

 

Hearing her voice, you grumble and pull your comforter over your head, praying she’ll be lifted away by whoever or whatever wants to take her away.

 

“Mi Young-ah! Wakey wakey!” she continues in a sing-song tune as she jumps on your bed like how she would on a trampoline.

 

You let out a frustrated moan and sit up, revealing a pair of eyebrows knitted together so early in the morning. “Ya! What are you still doing here?” you yell.

 

Immediately, Hana stops bouncing and with one final leap, she lands on her , making the bed wobble. “Uncle said I could stay here for a while since he and my dad are on a business trip, but whatever. Hurry and get up! I’ll give you a personal tour of the campus before classes start tomorrow. I want show you everything,” she starts, “and make guys fall to their knees drooling once they lay eyes on GH Group’s beautiful heiress…”

 

You let out a sigh and shake your head. That last part—being seen solely as a daughter of a rich man and not a normal girl who’s just trying to get an education—is exactly what you’re trying to avoid, but obviously, you realize now that this wish is close to impossible. And so, you sluggishly crawl out of bed and get ready.

 

|| ………… ||

 

The chauffer pulls up in front of the highly notable Daewon University, the first of many to welcome and finally meet GH Group's future successor.

 

Though your family’s name comes up on the news regularly, most people still (and thankfully) don’t recognize you just by appearance. For now—aside from your relatives and a few close friends—many of them only know your name…not necessarily what you look like.

 

But of course, that’s slowly going to change…starting now.

 

One look out the car’s tinted window and you can already spot a number of students eyeing the Bentley you’re currently sitting in. They’re already craning their necks to get a first look at the Chairman’s daughter.

 

And as expected, it only got worse from there. As you and Hana stroll around the university’s grounds, you feel their secret glances trained on you as if you’re walking diamond.

 

“Oh my god it’s her!” “It’s Ga Mi Young!” “Waa~ it’s really her!” they mumble to each other.

 

The whispers and subtle pointing have started and there’s no turning back. Just overnight, it seems everyone has become aware that you've finally come back home after nearly twelve years of living abroad.

 

|| Three Weeks Later ||

 

It’s been almost a month—22 days to be exact—since you moved back to Korea and the transition wasn’t as bad as you were expecting it would be. You’ve made lots of friends and adjusted fairly well. 

 

Despite the occasional ogling eyes, everyone gets along well with you and treats you as they would a normal student. With some support from the university, the students respect your privacy and personal space enough to limit posting your pictures online without your consent.

 

As for your love life…well…you’ve been asked out by a number of courageous men, but you didn’t share the same feelings they supposedly had for you. For now, you don’t really want to be involved in a relationship—at least not yet and not with any of them.

 

|| ………… ||

 

Today marks the first day you guys will be assisting the all boys’ university with their preparation for their banquet. During one of your long breaks, you and Hana head over to Shinil University, a short fifteen-minute drive from Daewon.

 

“Aren’t you excited?” your cousin asks as you pass through the iconic golden gates of the university.

 

“No,” you reply coldly, crossing your arms, “if just the thought of being in the same space as that arrogant jerk makes my blood boil, then how do you think I feel about the possibility of running into him?”

 

Hana leans back on her seat and turns to you, more curious than ever, “Just what exactly did LJoe oppa do?”

 

And with that, you unleash your frustration and spill the details of that day up to the point where Suho came to the rescue.

 

“Kim Joon Myun-ssi?” your cousin repeats as she thinks to herself.

 

You nod your head and smile, picturing his sweet smiling face, “Yes, Suho-ssi.”

 

Hana narrows her eyes just as a wicked grin forms on her lips. “Is he handsome?” she asks teasingly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter