Meeting Kang Hye Su

I've Fallen For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's just about quarter to one and as everyone rests up—still exhausted from all the dancing and partying last night—you tiptoe down the stairs, trying to be as quiet as you can.

 

As you reach the main level, you find Myungsoo still fast asleep on the hard floor. You silently crawl your way towards him and adjust the blankets to cover him well. One gaze at his serene expression and you find yourself smiling. “Even when sleeping, he's still such a prince,” you quietly comment.

 

You turn to LJoe's side to do the same only to discover that it's already empty—or rather, a fluffed pillow has replaced where he should’ve been. Curious, you look around the house and spot him out in the balcony.

 

“Tok, tok,” you announce as you knock on the glass door.

 

Shinil’s leader—who has been lost in thought—turns and immediately meets your gaze. Upon seeing you standing there, his lips quickly curve into a soft smile.

 

You return the gesture and stare at the person standing in front of you. How could this person, once an egotistial jerk, change so much? Everything about him now seems so different compared to how he was the  first day I met him…the way he smiles, his eyes, his voice…

 

“You're up early," he starts, "did you sleep well?"

 

"More or less. Woohyun's nonsense blabber harmonized with Changjo's undecipherable songs makes a really effective lullaby," you reply sarcastically as you go stand beside him.

 

There's a quiet round of laughter followed by a moment of silence.

 

“It’s bothering you, isn’t it?” he asks casually, looking off into the distance.

 

You glance at him, “Hm?”

 

“What I told you,” he clarifies, finally turning to look at you.

 

You avert his eye and set yours on the steel railing. “Of course not,” you lie.

 

LJoe lets out a small chuckle, “Mi Young, if you think your answer sounds convincing…it's really not.”

 

You refrain from saying anything, unsure of how to respond. You haven’t really set aside time to think about either of their confessions.

 

“It’s okay,” LJoe states, breaking the silence as he gazes back into the distance. “I’m not expecting an answer any time soon,” he explains, "I only told you because I just couldn’t keep it inside anymore. I’m fine with being just friends…just let me stay by your side and be there to protect you.”

 

Hearing his words, your lips curve into a thankful smile. “Thank you,” you reply, feeling just a little bit more relieved.

 

LJoe switches his eyes to the clear blue sky and exhales loudly. "And in the case you decide to choose Myungsoo…I'll try my best to accept it," he tells you half playfully, half seriously.

 

Surprised, you turn to him. Wait, that means—

 

"Yup. I kn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter