"It's Her, Isn't It?"

I've Fallen For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

|| Few Weeks Later ||

For the past three weeks and counting, it’s been clubbing here, swimming there, and shopping and pictures everywhere. The seven of you are having such a blast in Japan, you haven't realized there are only a few days left of your one month vacation. After those said days go by, it's back to Korea and back to your everyday lives.

 

Unlike most parties you've been to the past weeks, last night’s festivities went a little over board. Four of five of the men—or rather, boys—decided it would be fun to have a friendly drinking contest that resulted in sampling the entire bar’s collection of liquor. Now, more than 15 hours later, they’re still hung over from all the alcohol they senselessly consumed.

 

It’s late afternoon and the sun’s just setting down.

 

Leaving Hana to tend to the four drunks, you and Myungsoo go out on a hunt for a nearby drug store to buy hangover medicine.

 

Walking side by side, you spark up a casual conversation to voice out your current thoughts. “Men,” you begin, shaking your head, “they become so stupid when it comes to alcohol, don't they?”

 

Myungsoo lets out a small chuckle. “Not all of them. Some are fortunate enough to have common sense and self-control,” he counters with a smile, revealing his adorable princely dimple.

 

“Example number one,” you say, pointing to him with an equally beautiful smile followed by a cute laugh that charms him even more.

 

Just what is it about you that pulls me in closer…and makes me fall a little more and a little harder every time? He asks himself as he examines the curvatures of your side profile.

 

|| …………. ||

 

After walking for some time, the two of you turn a corner and finally find a small convenience store hidden amongst a row of houses. Unbeknownst to you, located just a couple of blocks away is the café you and LJoe took Hye Su to after the incident some weeks ago.

 

You innocently walk into the store while Myungsoo follows closely behind. “I’ll get the medicine, you can grab some snacks if you want,” he tells you.

 

"Yes sir!" you salute him and dash to aisle of goodies. You take a couple bags of chips and a box of Chocopie and hug them securely in your arms while continuing to browse the row of snacks. Just as you move on to the next section, you notice a familiar person behind the cash register from the corner of your eyes. “Hye Su?” you call as you walk towards the counter for a closer look.

 

Hearing her name, the employee looks up from her notes. A big smile quickly traces over her face upon seeing you. “Mi Young!” she exclaims happily.

 

Just then, Myungsoo comes up from behind you with eyes pinned on the boxes of medicine in his hands. “Here I found—” he starts, but Hye Su unintentionally butts in.

 

“Oh, is this one your boyfriend?” she asks loudly, observing the handsome stranger from head to toe. She suddenly covers out of embarrassment. “Oh my god I’m so sorry! That was rude of me. I didn’t mean to—” she apologizes with a bow and introduces herself, “I’m Kang Hye Su. It's nice to meet you!”

 

Hansung’s prince charming looks up at Hye Su and gives her a light, yet captivating smile. “Hi, I’m Kim Myung—” he starts, but Hye Su cuts him off once more.

 

“You’re Kim Myungsoo…your family own all those fancy hotels, including the Odayakana, right?” Hye Su cries out, finishing the usual introduction for him. “Wha~ it must be my lucky month…seeing ikemens (good-looking men) so frequently,” she comments with stars in her eyes.

 

You let out a short chuckle, wondering if she’ll be just as excited to meet three more infamous heirs from the restaurant, mobile technology, and music industry.

 

“She’s just like you,” Myungsoo whispers with a widened smile, interrupting your thoughts.

 

You glance at him. “No she’s not!” you protest in the same low voice, refusing to accept you're as cheerful and easily amused as Hye Su.

 

“Hye Su?” you hear someone call from behind the open door, to left of the counter, “Hye Su!”

 

Turning her head and leaning slight back, Hye Su responds to the bodiless voice, “Yes?”

 

“Where are you?” a man calls back in Japanese.

 

Wait.

 

Your smile slowly fades and your heart begins to sink.

 

You can recognize that voice anywhere.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter