Please Just Be Rumors

I've Fallen For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

|| A Few Days Later: Meio University ||

 

"And that concludes our lecture for today. Please don't forget to turn in your thesis by 5 PM tomorrow," the stubby professor monotonously reminds his students while he gathers his teaching materials in his arms.

 

Being one of the last ones out, Suho jots down the submission time next to the list of other things he needs to do—both school and work related. He closes his agenda and glances at his watch: 12:48 PM. Knowing he has a few minutes to spare, he takes his time and neatly pack his things into his bag.

 

Diagonally across his seat, he overhears two people gossiping like some middle-aged women who have all the time in the world.

 

"Yeah. Just because he was soaking wet from the rain," the one named Yoshida, clarifies.

 

"No way! That's impossible!" his friend Nakamura exclaims, waving a hand to dismiss the other's claim.

 

"It's true though!" Yoshida protests, "My sister works as a night manager and she told me everything. Apparently, the moment Kim Jae Sun learned of what happened, he ordered for all front desk employees, managers, supervisors, and directors to take an exam. Each one of them is required to pass it with flying colors or risk losing their job. Neechan (older sister, informal) has been staying up all night, trying to memorize the fifty plus page list of people upper management handed out. It seemed worse than studying for the college entrance exams.”

 

Damn. That's harsh. Suho thinks to himself as he continues to eavesdrop halfheartedly.

 

As if reading his thoughts, the Nakamura guy lets out an amused laugh and blurts out the exact same thing he was just thinking. "Damn, that's harsh. And all because of one mistake," the guy comments, "How stupid could that girl be for not being able to recognize her own employer? I mean I've only seen him once, but I bet even I can tell it's him regardless of how he was dressed."

 

"My thoughts exactly! But the thing was, it wasn’t just one mistake, it was THREE BIG ones," the informant corrects him, going back to Nakamura's first statement. He emphasizes on certain words to show the magnitude of the situation.

 

A lot more curious now, Nakamura looks at Yoshida with a slightly raised brow, "What do you mean?"

 

Yoshida shakes his head, shivering from the thought.  "It would've been 'one mistake' if it was just Kim Myungsoo," he starts, quoting his friend, "but Myungsoo-san was with two other people—one equally powerful and the other even more formidable than the two of them."

 

"Equally powerful?" Nakamura repeats, "Who?"

 

Suho holds in his laughter, thinking how pathetic both of them seem right now…being totally engrossed in their silly story. He gathers the last of his books and swings his bag over his shoulders, ready to escape their worthless gossip. After checking one last time if he's leaving anything behind, he heads for the door.

 

"East Asian Airline's successor," Yoshida answers, stopping Suho on his feet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter