I've Fallen For You: LJoe's Ending

I've Fallen For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

First off, thank you so much for supporting this story! I hope you enjoyed reading it just as much as I enjoyed writing and revising it. Anyway, the end is finally here! It was hard for me to decide between Myungsoo and LJoe so...I stuck with the original format of my Japanese version which is a split ending.

Thanks again and I hope you'll subscribe to my future fanfics as well!

 

- Saranghae45

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

But as you take another step towards the door, a familiar voice calls from behind…

 

"Mi Young," LJoe says your name once more with the same gentleness as the first time.

 

Upon hearing his voice, your lips instantly curve into a smile. You turn around and see him standing there—hands inside his pockets, head slightly tilted, topped off with an enticing grin.

 

"How could you just disappear like that?" he asks in a stern yet playful tone as he makes his way over to you.

 

Before you can give an explanation, he takes you intro his arms and embraces you gently, adding something unexpected. "I missed you," he tells you in a childlike manner.

 

You let out a soft chuckle and lay your head on his shoulder, holding in the butterflies, "Why?"

 

"Just because I do," he answers confidently. LJoe releases you from his arms and gazes into your eyes, reaching up to cup your cheeks in his warm palms, "So don't ever run away from me again, okay?"

 

"Okay," you breathe out as you nod your head.

 

With eyes pinned on each other, the two of you stand there in complete silence.

 

Caught in the moment, LJoe pulls you closer to him without so much as a warning, causing your lips to meet his.

 

In an instant, a rush of warmth and endless fireworks consume your entire body, drawing you further into the kiss.

 

"You promise you wouldn't do that again," you whisper as your lips finally part.

 

LJoe takes his thumb and gently brushes the side of your face. "Haven't you heard?" he replies with a captivating smirk, "Some promises are meant to be broken."

 

As you stare into his caring eyes, you can't help but smile and think back to your first meeting up to now.

 

You’ve always been there by my side, haven’t you? But I was too preoccupied to even see you…to notice how long you've been waiting there patiently. I should've seen it from the start…sometimes the perfect person is whom you least expected to be…

 

Coming to this realization, you jump to hug him, flinging your arms securely around his neck as if to let him know.

 

LJoe stands there frozen, momentarily in disbelief. His lips slowly curve into a wide smile as he realizes the moment he's been waiting for has finally arrived. He returns the embrace and buries his face on the crook of you neck to conceal his excitement. “Took you long enough,” he says quietly.

 

You let out a small laugh, "I know and I’m sorry."

 

Without responding, he tightens his hold as if to make sure it's not a dream.

 

And as his heartbeat finds itself matching with yours, he whispers the words he's been dying to say, “I love you.”

 

You smile sweetly to yourself and let his genuine feelings envelope you, “I love you too.”

 

From all those times, it's only now I've realized…I've fallen for you.

 

|| Four and a Half Years Later ||

 

You’re now 22, turning 23 in a couple of months, and soon to be a Daewon University graduate with a master's of science in international business management.

 

As for LJoe, he too, will receive his masters in aerospace engineering and graduate from Shinil University, along with his two best friends Changjo and Chunji, who's currently in a long distance relationship with Hana since she moved to Paris to further her studies.

 

You and LJoe have been together ever since the day after the wedding—when he formally asked you to be his girlfriend—and the two of you can't be any happier. Yes, of course, you occasionally get into fights, but all those arguments are just silly disagreements. Every time that happens, LJoe always finds the cutest ways to make up for it and you just can’t help but love him even more.

 

|| …………. ||

 

It’s 2:35, and you’re in your last class for the day. You’re quietly sitting at your desk, taking notes as your professor discusses the last bit of the lesson as well as details of your upcoming final exam, when your phone begins to ring…again.

 

For the third time now, you feel the device vibrate inside your bag. Who the hell keeps calling me? You ask yourself as you reach inside and end the call without looking at the screen.

 

As you try to reword the professor's last statement in your head, you let your eyes wander to the semi-translucent windows adjacent to the hallway. Something quickly catches your attention: a silhouette of a head peeking over the glass, trying to be sly.

 

Immediately realizing who it is, your eyes widen at the same moment your jaw drops in shock. You watch LJoe's head bob up and down as he pretends to be slick like some terrible James Bond impersonator.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter