The Lee's Residence

I've Fallen For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Unbeknownst to you, LJoe glances in your direction every now then, carefully monitoring the troubled expression on your face. He knows exactly what caused it, yet he can’t bring himself to approach you—at least not right now. So, trying his best to keep the spotlight off of you, he focuses everyone’s attention on planning the trip.

 

And once the tentative schedule is established, the seven of you decide to call it a night.

 

|| …………. ||

 

While the guys wait for valet to pull up with their cars, you and Hana remain by the entrance just some feet away.

 

Your cousin inches closer to you, leaving very little distance between your bodies. “Still catching a ride with Changjo?” she teases as she repeatedly nudges your left arm with her pointy elbow.

 

Hoping to give her a feel for her own game, you smile and lightly shake your head. “No, I was thinking of riding with you and Chunji. He can drop us off at my house and you can just sleep over like always. That way, it’ll save the others time,” you tell her quite convincingly.

 

“Huh? But we were going to see a movie—” she starts, but you quickly interrupt her.

 

“Oh, that’s perfect! I’ve been thinking of seeing that film…uhh what was it called?” you exclaim, pretending to rack your brain for the non-existent movie’s title.

 

“It was only supposed to be two of us,” you hear her mutter under her breath before letting out a disappointed sigh. “I’ll go tell him you’re tagging along,” she mumbles as she leaves your side.

 

Watching your now downhearted cousin drag her feet towards her oblivious boyfriend who’ll surely have the same reaction, you can’t help but laugh. “I’m kidding,” you call after her, making her spin on her heals to face you.

 

“Really?”

 

“Really,” you confirm and shoot her a look, “Why would I third wheel? The last thing I want is to go home coated in sugar. So, you two go ahead and have fun.”

 

Doing a complete 180, the once sulky but now extremely grateful Hana throws her arms around your neck. “Thank you! You’re the best!” she exclaims, hugging you tighter and putting an end to your back and forth teases…or so you thought.

 

Just then, a caravan of sports cars pulls up in front of the five guys. And like robots, Woohyun’s employees working valet that night exit the vehicles and swiftly hand over the keys to their respective owners. They then bid their goodnights and drop to a respectful bow before heading back to their post, performing every step in sync from start to finish.

 

“Geez, what type of program did you use on them?” Chunji jokes as he heads for his car and automatically opens the passenger door for his girlfriend. 

 

Woohyun flashes a proud smile as Hana passes by him on her way to Chunji. “Great pay and good food,” he answers, watching the couple getting ready to leave.

 

Once inside, Hana lowers her window and pokes her head out the window. “Mr.Nam, are you hiring?” she asks jokingly.

 

“Always, but unfortunately, I don’t think I can afford to hire you Ms. Bin,” Woohyun replies, equally playful.

 

Somewhat suspicious, you stare at your cousin, wondering just where she’s going with her strange inquiry.

 

Hana nods slowly, leaning back on her seat as Chunji starts the engine. “I see… well, I do hope you have enough for this,” she states out loud with this look on face that reveals her next set of words spells trouble for you.

 

“I’m sorry?” a confused Woohyun replies, wishing for her to clarify.

 

Without responding, Hana signals her boyfriend to step on the gas. She then pokes her head out for the second time and flashes a cunning smile. “Person with the highest bid gets to take my lovely cousin home!” she yells as they pull out into the street. She briefly meets your rounded eyes and sticks her tongue out, getting back at you for what was to her, an emotional rollercoaster you made her go through.

 

“Bin Hana!’ you scream after them with cheeks turning bright red from embarrassment.

 

“Oh, so that’s what she meant,” Woohyun comments, turning his attention to you. He raises a finger and grins playfully, “For GH Group’s heiress, I bid ten million won.”

 

“Twenty,” Changjo counter bids, waving his black card in the air.

 

But just as Woohyun opens his mouth to outbid your knight in the leather jacket, LJoe interrupts him. “You can bid all you want, but in the end, I still get to take her home,” he informs them while directing his smirk towards Myungsoo who turns his attention to LJoe just as you do.

 

“And why is that?” Hansung’s prince asks with a hint of coldness in his voice.

 

“My old man just called and said that Ga Jung Han-ssi is over at our place. He asked to bring Mi Young home with me,” LJoe explains.

 

“My dad? Really? But why?” you question out loud, trying to think of a reason why your father would be at the Lee residence at this hour.

Shinil’s leader happily shrugs. “No idea,” he answers as he redirects his growing grin to you, “for all I know, they could be arranging our wedding as we speak.”

 

From a slight distance, Changjo scoffs. “You’d like that, wouldn’t you?” he comments quietly to himself while you stare at his friend, completely lost for words.

 

“Anyway, we should go,” LJoe announces, unable to take the seemingly piercing glares both you and Myungsoo are giving him. He bids goodnight to the guys then casually escapes to his car as if nothing happened.

 

After releasing one heavy breath, you shake his odd remark aside and walk up to Changjo, thanking him again for the ride earlier.

 

Shinil’s second in command replies with a smile and shakes his head, "Anytime."

 

Moving on to the next person down the line, you turn to face the smirking Woohyun. "Sorry Mi Young, I would have bid my entire fortune, but the auction ended too soon. Maybe next time," he jokes, making you laugh.

 

You tell him goodnight and make your way to the last individual on the list—the one leaning against his car, seeming like he’s lost in thought.  

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter