And So He Fell First

I've Fallen For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

|| The following Monday ||

 

After barely surviving the three hour, mind-numbing lecture on the principles of financial accounting, you call up Hana to voice your complain and make her feel guilty for letting you ride into battle against those accounts and liabilities alone.

 

“Yeobodaeyo?” your sick cousin answers followed by a set of sniffles and a fit of coughs that instantly broke your heart.

 

“Hey, how are you feeling?” you ask with much concern, letting your complaints from earlier drift away. You’d rather listen to another rant about assets and expenses than be stuck in bed dealing with the seasonal flu.

 

“A liddle better,” Hana replies with a stuffy nose.

 

“Haha. Our Hana—” you start, but accidentally run into someone who seems to be lost. Despite it not being your fault, you quickly bow to apologize and just as you open your mouth to speak, your lips curve into a wide smile. “Hana, I’ll call you back,” you whisper into the speaker before hanging up.

 

After ending the call, you place your phone into your sweater pocket and carefully observe the guy currently on his knees. “Suho-ssi?” you call excitedly.

  

“Yes?” that familiar voice answers back while its owner continues to pick up his things off the floor. Without expecting much, he casually looks up and finds your smiling face greeting him. “Mi Young-ssi!” he exclaims, a little wide-eyed.

 

“Annyeong!” you reply with a wave before dropping down on your knees to help him gather the remaining contents of his bag. “I didn’t know you attended Daewon,” you comment, picking up a big fat medical encyclopedia. “Omo~ you must be a real genius,” you blurt out with unrestrained admiration as you hand him the book.

 

Suho lets out a soft laugh. “Yeah, starting today I do,” he responds while offering you a hand. “I received my official acceptance letter a few days ago. And as for being smart, I guess you could say that?” he continues, glancing at you with a shy smile. “I'm actually transferring here for the final semester of my junior year. After going through all those requirements…” he breathes out, momentarily pausing to reminisce about the five-round interview, three exams, and two 25 page papers he had to pass and submit to qualify, “I finally got that full ride scholarship.”

 

“Ooh…” you nod, realizing just now how much more difficult it is for people without a fountain of cash to get into the university. “Well then, congratulations! Daewon University welcomes Suho sunbae!” you announce.

 

"Sunbae?" he repeats, looking at you with a curious yet still charming smile.

 

Once again, you give him an enthusiastic nod and reintroduce yourself with a formal bow, "Annyeonghaseyo. Ga Mi Young-imnida. A first year majoring in International Business with a minor in finance."

 

Suho laughs and pats your head casually. Despite discovering your identity, he treats you how he’s treated you from the very beginning: indifferent. "Then I guess you won't mind being my tour guide freshman. Let’s go,” he commands, signaling you to lead the way.

 

|| …………… ||

 

Like a well-trained guide, you show him around the university grounds including every nook and cranny that you’ve been introduced to or discovered for yourself. And yes, being the living, breathing definition of a gentleman—with his killer looks, brains, and good manners—other girls happily sigh as he passes by them, making his tour even more memorable.

 

Having found the chance to escape the student body’s ogling eyes and gossip-starting whispers, the two of you sneak off to the upper most level of the West Campus library to have lunch.

 

“So…aside from the silent gazes and endless whispers, how are things around here?” Suho asks, sweeping the container clean with his chopsticks.

 

You let out a chuckle as you pop a candy in your mouth. “Well except for those two...it's nothing like what I expected it would be,” you reply, “but so far, everything has been great.”

 

Hearing that, your sunbae flashes a soft smile, "Being the heiress to a conglomerate as massive as GH Group, it must be stressful…but I'm really glad you're happy."

 

You shake your head. “Ani, not as stressful as you would think. Daewon really treats their students equally, regardless of family background,” you clarify and return his smile, "What about you sunbae? Why did you choose this university?"

 

"Hmm," Suho starts, taking in a deep breath and lowering his gaze to think of an honest response. "Because it gives me a sense of individuality and freedom,” he replies, “I can do what I want without having to think much about what's ahead for me."

 

“Sunbae…” you breathe out, surprised at just how well his answer matches yours.

 

|| …………… ||

 

After days of spending whatever free time you two have together, you become even closer to Suho.

 

And now that Hana—who just recently recovered from her flu—has once again disappeared to a three-day field trip for her interior design class, Suho agreed to be her replacement for the final day of the volunteering program.

 

After your classes, you meet him in front of the campus and the two of you head over to the all-boys university.

 

As you pass the huge gates of Shinil, Suho examines the massive school, completely impressed. “Woah~ this school’s amazing!” he exclaims, still scanning the architecture with awe.

 

“The university’s exceptional, but wait till you meet its inhabitants,” you joke, thinking specifically of LJoe. As if by fate, you look to your left and see three figures quickly approaching you. “Speaking of those inhabitants, here comes the king and his admirals,” you mumble without taking your eyes off them.

 

LJoe, Chunji, and Changjo strut down the field like super models walking down the cat walk crossed with shark loan collectors coming for an overdue debt. LJoe flaunts his newly dyed platinum blonde hair, wearing a black puffy coat over a light blue hoodie, and white skinny jeans. On his left, Changjo is with his precious guitar and is dressed in a white hoody under his red and blue puffy vest and dark washed jeans. Lastly, trailing behind LJoe on his right, is Chunji in his university letterman jacket along with his new custom made high-tops.

 

Once close enough, LJoe stops in front of you, and places both hands inside his coat pockets. He glances at you then at Suho. “Who’s that?” he asks quite rudely.

 

Unfazed, by Ljoe's tone, Suho extends a hand, "Suho-imnida."

 

LJoe stares at the outstretched arm in front of him, then back at Suho."LJoe," he replies without bothering to shake his hand.

 

"Hi! Chunji ye yo!" Chunji excitedly interrupts from behind, introducing himself with a wide smile. He then tiptoes beside you and leans close to your ear.  "Mi Young-ah, is he your boyfriend?" he asks, almost teasingnly while nudging your arm.

 

"What? Namchin?" LJoe repeats out loud before eyeing you to clarify, "Mi Young-ah,"

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter