Hisashiburi: Long Time, No See

I've Fallen For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The chauffer—who has been sworn to secrecy—drops his client off in front of a small café, a few minutes' drive from the convention center.

 

“Remember, not a word to any of them,” LJoe repeats as he exits the car, slightly fearful that either Chunji or Hana will eventually crack the old man’s silence.

 

He watch the car drive off before turning his attention to the two figures just up ahead. From where he’s standing, he observes them momentarily: the girl stays close to her partner, enjoying every second they're there together. The guy, however, remains still, eyes pinned to the ground, seemingly lost in thought.

 

As LJoe approaches the two, he can hear the girl saying the sweetest words and telling the most fascinating story, but her lover simply smiles and tries his best to retain some of the information she's throwing at him.

 

It’s obvious that your mind and heart are somewhere else Kim Joon Myun.

 

He walks up to the couple and greets them with a casual, "Yo."

 

Suho turns to the direction of the voice, his eyes followed by the girl's.

 

"Hisashiburi," LJoe states as he meets the sunbae’s dejected gaze, “it’s been a while.”

 

The girl, who’s still clinging onto Suho, tilts her head and stares at LJoe with her round oblivious eyes. “O! It’s you!” she exclaims with excitement after recognizing the “acquaintance” her fiancé told her about.

 

LJoe greets her with a half-smile, “Sorry, I never got the chance to introduce myself this afternoon, I’m Lee Byung Hun, but you can call me LJoe."

 

Hye Su's eyes widen. “Huh? Lee Byung Hun as in like—like East Asian Airlines Lee Byung Hun?” she asks in a cheery pitch.

 

LJoe nods in response, "Yes."

 

With her jaw hanging low, Hye Su turns to Suho and hits him weakly on the arm. “No wonder he looked familiar! Oppa, why didn’t you tell me you know him?" she asks curiously, suddenly remembering the other prominent figure she met earlier. Hye Su lets out a loud gasp as she brings a hand to . "Then does that mean you also know Ga Mi Young?" she continues, even more excited.

 

Suho glances at LJoe, his smile slowly fading with the mention of your name. “Yeah, I know her,” he answers with a hint of sadness in his voice.

 

Still in her protective bubble, Hye Su nudges him with her shoulder. “Oppa, I didn’t think you know so many famous people,” she giggles.

 

Suho looks down at the concrete ground to recollect himself. After a few seconds, he turns to Hye Su and forces a sweet smile. “You should get going, abeonim (Hye Su’s dad) is waiting for you,” he tells her.

 

Hye Su pouts, not wanting to leave, but obeys him nonetheless. “Fine,” she replies obediently and gives Suho a peck on the cheek before putting on her helmet. She boards her moped, quickly driving away and giggling like a little girl. “Bye LJoe!” she yells over her shoulder while waving an arm in the air.

 

The two guys watch in silence as she vanishes around the corner.

 

“She's adorable,” LJoe starts, breaking the stillness, "but clueless."

 

Suho smiles sadly, still staring at the route his future wife took. “No. She knows. She's only pretending she doesn't," he answers and turns to LJoe, "But I guess it's better that way."

 

They enter the café, taking the table closest to the window and away from the noise, and sit quietly after ordering their drinks. Neither of them are certain of where to start the conversation.

 

“How do you know Hye Su?” Suho starts out of curiosity.

 

LJoe glances at him then back down on his glass of water. “We met her this morning,” he answers.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter