Lovers at the Stadium

I've Fallen For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a short ten-minute drive, the two of you arrive at the front gates of the Olympic Gymnastics Hall—a 15,000 seat arena that has hosted some of the biggest stars in the country and worldwide. Thousands of screaming fans—most of them teenage girls and women in their early to late twenties—surround the building, clutching their rolled-up banners, fat glow sticks that have yet to be lit, handmade signs dedicated to their biases, or a combination of the three. Waiting to be let in, they form a long, snaking line by the main entrance.

 

Myungsoo stealthily parks his car inside the stadium's private garage and heads for the exit leading back to the sea of people, causing you to stop on you tracks.

 

“Where are you going?” you call, slightly confused as to why you’re not going through the building instead.

 

He looks over his shoulder and smiles. “I’m going to wait in line,” he answers sweetly before continuing his trek up the sloping driveway.

 

Finally understanding the situation, you exhale slowly and nod. “That’s right. Wait in line just like everybody else,” you clarify to yourself as you happily jog after him. After all, as someone once said, there’s a first time for everything.

 

And so, trying your best not to be seen—or at least be seen by as few people as possible—the two of you sneak off to the end of your ticket line.  

 

It’s no surprise to see many girls turn their head for a double-take as Hansung’s prince passes by them. Though it’s hard to see his face under his snapback, hoodie, and mask, his presence still radiates with unbeatable charisma.

 

In no time, the nearby crowd has fixated their curious eyes on both of you (but mostly on him). Many whisper to each other while others scurry into small groups for an impromptu meeting. And in each clump of gossipers, you can hear one of the two questions being asked: “Isn’t that Kim Myungsoo, the heir to KHLR (Kim Hotels, Lounges, and Resorts)?” or “That’s the leader of Hansung University, right?” These were then followed by statements of total confusion, doubt, and eventually, acceptance and excitement.

 

After an uncomfortable walk through the ironically loud whispers and gawking eyes, you finally reach your respective line. There are about a hundred people ahead of you and very little space to move, making it almost claustrophobic. But of course, like the gentleman that he is, Myungsoo keeps you close to prevent any possibility of losing you in the crowd.

 

Five, ten, fifteen minutes in, you secretly reexamine the river of people in front you and let out a quiet breath. This shouldn’t take too long. We’re going to start moving soon. You convince yourself, lowering your gaze from the line to your watch. You’re really not an impatient person but waiting in a line this crowded—especially for a concert—is something foreign to you; you’ve always been escorted swiftly to your seat with enough room to twirl and waltz your way there.

 

With regards to space, there’s really nothing you can do without drawing more attention, but as for time…there’s still the option of praying to the ones who control it, the ones who can make the clock’s hand travel its cyclic route just a little bit faster.

 

Unfortunately, these so-called time gods must be fast asleep since seconds feel like minutes and minutes feel like hours. To make matters worse, a group of two to three brave women come up to Myungsoo and introduce themselves every now and then. At first, it was tolerable—because IT IS Hansung University's and KHLR’s one and only Kim Myungsoo beside you—but after eighth rounds of introductions, it started to become annoying. Really. Annoying.

 

And like the ice prince that he’s thought to be, Myungsoo doesn’t give in to any of them…nor does he turn them away; he basically just stands there, ignoring all of them while wearing that unreadable yet somewhat cold façade everyone is used to seeing.

 

Though most girls acted cute or flirted seductively to get attention, none of them was desperate enough to stick around—that is, until a woman who looks to be a few years older shows up. Rubbing her barely existing against Myungsoo’s arm, this Hae Jin girl tries to seduce her way into sitting next to him.

 

"Wha~oppa! You're so close to the stage!" she exclaims as she inspects the VIP pass around his neck. Noticing the same badge in your possession, she turns to you—the dejected wall that’s been ignored this entire time. “Ya, you’re with him, right? Do you mind if we exchange seats?” she asks with a fake and supposedly intimidating smile. She shoves a hand in her coat pocket and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter