Apology Accepted

I've Fallen For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

While Hana and LJoe happily skip away, the rest of you follow close behind with sulking faces—three innocents who now must suffer because of the arrogant jerk’s selfish decision.

 

After dragging your feet uphill—devoid of motivation—you finally make it your destination: the notable 3,500 seat Marae Hall. You stare in amazement as you lay eyes on the enormous room. With its spacious layout, marble columns, and crystal chandeliers, it’s one of the biggest and definitely one of the most aesthetically pleasing venues you’ve ever seen. In fact, it’s almost beautiful enough for you tolerate being in the same breathing space as LJoe.

 

Though you feel slightly guilty for arriving late, you’re actually glad that you did. Most of the volunteers have started working and are busy with their respective assignments…which means that the public’s attention is already directed elsewhere.

 

Of course, you’re wrong.

 

It took just a minute for the ogling eyes to start following you; however, this time, it isn’t because they recognize you as Ga Mi Young, but because you’re walking alongside Shinil’s leader.

 

As the five of you walk around in search for the one in charge, everyone you pass stop to take a look. Their reactions were all the same; they stare in disbelief—wide-eyed—as if they’ve seen a ghost. Their confused gazes follow the crowned king’s every movement as if asking themselves what in the world LJoe is doing in a place like this and who the hell is that girl beside him?

 

“No way…Is he really going to volunteer?” a girl squatted by the corner asks, nudging the guy working next to her.

 

"No, that’s impossible. Maybe he's here to beat someone up," the guy whispers back, lowering his head to avoid any possible eye contact with the equally loved and feared tyrant.

 

“And that girl, who is she?" she asks once more as she secretly eyes you.

 

This time, the guy shrugs in response. “His new girlfriend maybe?” he answers before going back to work, “She’s really pretty though.”

 

Girlfriend? Ha! Like I’d go out with someone like…that, you comment to yourself while glaring at the back of LJoe’s head.

 

Just then, another guy with a clip board approaches your group, disrupting your thoughts. Unaware of who you are and too focused on LJoe, Chunji, and Changjo, he quickly instructs you and your cousin to help with the table centerpieces. He then turns to Shinil’s second and third in command and nervously assigns them—if they are willing—to help hang the ceiling drapes, but neither of them moved.

 

“Ya,” LJoe warns in a low, stony voice as glances at them from the corners of his eyes.

 

With a rough head scratch and a loud breathy “Aish,” they get to work.

 

“Uhhh…which group would Lee Byung Hu—I mean LJoe-ssi—sir like to participate in?” the guy asks, staring at LJoe in complete nervousness and admiration.

 

In return, Shinil’s king flashes a friendly smile. “I’m fine with whatever,” LJoe answers kindly, though his eyes clearly express he prefers to do the easiest job there is. “But I do have a request,” he adds, taking a quick glance towards your direction. Without waiting for a response, LJoe leans to his side and whispers his command in the guy’s ear. 

 

|| ………… ||

 

After equally distributing some 10,000 decorative stones into 200 plus cylinder vases, it’s finally time to call it quits for the day.

 

You, Hana, and all the other volunteers sit cross-legged on the carpeted floor while the three amigos remain standing with their backs against the wall.

 

“Once again, thank you for all your help. Everything is looking good and we’re definitely on schedule,” the same guy from earlier continues. “Oh! Before we leave, I need someone to take these boxes to the second floor storage. So um, can I have Mi Young-ssi,” he adds, looking at his clipboard then at the sea of volunteers, “Mi Young-ssi? Is there a Mi Young-ssi here?”

 

“Ne?” four to five voices from crowd respond as they raise their hand, including you.

 

Unsure of which Mi Young LJoe was referring to, he anxiously glances at Shinil’s leader for clarification. And in turn, LJoe secretly directs his attention to you with his eyes and a nudge of the head.

 

Clutching his clipboard, the guy points to you, “Uhh…you.”

 

“Me?” you clarify as you stand up, dusting your pants before heading to the front.

 

“Yes, yes, please come up Mi Young-ssi,” he replies while urging you to take center stage. “May I know your last name, just for future reference?” he asks casually, unprepared for the response he’s about to get.

 

Before you can open your mouth to answer, someone from the crowd—definitely a Daewon student—blurts it out, “It’s Ga! She’s Ga Mi Young!”

 

“Oh boy,” you breathe out quietly, preparing yourself for another round flabbergasted reactions.

 

As the stranger’s words echoed in the hall, a loud buzzing begins to fill the room with endless gasps and continuous, “Mwo?”

 

“EH?” the guy beside you yelps in disbelief. He slowly backs away, almost tripping on himself, as he struggles to excuse his lack of formalities, “I’m—I’m sorry—I didn’t know—I—I…” Realizing he’s currently in a dangerous situation—deciding between ordering GH Group's Ga Mi Young or obeying East Asian Air’s Lee Byung Hun—he once again looks to LJoe for help, but receives no response.

 

Though

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter