The Second Kiss: A Surprise Kiss

I've Fallen For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suho kisses the top of Hye Su's head lightly. "I…love you too," he forces himself to say, just like how he's practiced it a hundred times. He slowly releases her, giving her a warm smile as he brushes the tears away from her face. "Let's eat," he tells her sweetly.

 

Like a little girl finally given what she’s been wanting, Hye Su nods obediently. "I'll follow you in a bit, let me just close the store,” she tells him along with her sniffles.

 

Suho replies with a small nod and heads back upstairs. Upon reaching the top and away from Hye Su's sight, he stops and leans his weakened body against the wall, letting his head fall back on the hard surface. With his mind filled with images of you, he lets out a quiet sigh and blinks back the tears before they can fully form and blur his eyes. There’s no turning back. I have to let you go.

 

Back downstairs, Hye Su reaches for her phone. She stares at the charm while a cloud of anger and insecurity slowly engulfs her. She grips the delicate beads tightly in her hand, wanting to yank it off her phone and throw it as far away from her as possible…but instead of unleashing her frustration on the object, she gradually loosens her grasp. She detaches charm carefully from her case before following Suho upstairs. As silently as she could, she sneaks into his room and places the object she now loathes top of his drawer.

 

|| …………. ||

 

As the two of you walk up the hill towards the vacation house, the familiar voice you heard call out to Hye Su continues to play in your head. Unable to shake the thoughts away, you turn to your companion—the witness who can clarify your suspicion. "Hey Myungsoo," you start.

 

Hansung’s prince glances at you as he takes a sip of his coffee, "Yeah?"

 

"That person—the guy back at the store...what—what did he look like?" you hesitate to ask, but too curious not to.

 

Myungsoo directs his eyes to the orange sky, trying to remember the person’s face. "Uh...Korean?" he answers, unsure.

 

You let out a defeated chuckle. "That's helpful," you reply sarcastically, making him laugh.

 

"Sorry," he adds, somewhat embarrassed of the description he gave. "I didn’t really pay attention to him," he admits cutely without even trying.

 

You shake your head and flash an understanding smile. "No, it’s fine," you assure him before lowering your gaze to the ground, thinking. It can't be him…can it?

 

 "Why?” Myungsoo asks, breaking your thoughts, “Do you know him?”

 

You switch your gaze from the gravel to the curvy path ahead, taking a brief pause before responding to his question. "I'm not sure," you answer softly. "His voice just sounded really familiar…it sounded just like his," you continue, almost to yourself.

 

"Whose?" Myungsoo asks curiously, keeping up well with your varying pace.

 

You shake the heavy feeling in your heart and smile at him, letting the moments you shared with Suho flow back to memory. "Someone important to me," you explain, "Suho sunbae."

 

Myungsoo turns to look at you. "Suho sunbae?" he repeats, etching the name in his head.

 

You flash a broader smile. “Yes, our perfect sunbae," you reply and let out a sigh, "Back at the store, I could've sworn it was him, but now that I think about it, I'm not quite sure."

 

With curiosity growing, Myungsoo nods, "This

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter