Chapter 7. Evaluation

Lian

 

Just when we arrived at the room appointed to our evaluation, we saw the door open and our staff come out. Our manager was last and she signaled us to follow her back inside. We followed her, and seated ourselves in front of Lee So Man. He turned around, he was standing beside his chair, and had been looking out of the window. He smiled as he looked down at our nervous faces. “Don’t be scared.” He reassured us, “you will debut. We are just going to fill in the details and plan our upcoming months.”

 

He sat down at the chair in front of us. “How do you feel about your first Variety show?” He asked us. There was a silence, then Su Jin answered. “I think it went pretty well,” she said with a weird voice. She cleared and continued. “I think we were very natural and were able to introduce ourselves quite well.” Lee So Man nodded, deep in thoughts, “I am very pleased with your performance yesterday. You all showed confidence, but also humbleness. And even a bit of skill.” He added the last while making eye contact with me. I felt proud to have made Lee So Man pleased, but my heart sank again when he continued.

 

“Though you did great on your first Variety Show, you all have still a lot of work to do before your debut.” All of our smiling faces fell a bit while hearing this. “I have your new schedule” He gestured to the pile of files at the table in front of him. Our manager took the files and handed them out to us. I looked at mine. It was awfully full. We all let out a sigh. He smiled at us, “you don’t need to worry, you all have a few hours free in the morning, and in the weekend. The hours in the morning are meant for you to get your necessary rest. The hours in the weekend are meant for relaxation and keeping up your study’s.”

 

Lee So Man gave us some time to study our schedules. I looked from mine to Su Jin’s who was sitting next to me. “What are the hours ‘Self-study’ meant for?” I asked. All our hours were labeled with subject, duration, and place. But the hours Self-study were only labeled with the duration. “Ah, I almost forgot. The Self-study is meant for your own practice. You are free to choose if you want to use those hours for dancing or singing or anything else. Though, if you want to have guidance you will have to ask your teachers yourself. I have chosen for this way to make you more independent and responsible. I hope you all will use this freedom wisely.” With those last words the bowed lightly to us. We immediately stood and bowed deep too.

 

While we were making our way to the door, Lee So Man caught my eyes. “Could I have a little word with you?” “O-of course…” I hesitated, why would he want to talk to me? “Don’t be too nervous,” my manager added, “I will be waiting outside Sir Lee and Romy.” She closed the door behind her. And suddenly I was alone with Lee So Man. I looked at him, while I made my way back to the table. He turned to the window. “I wanted to compliment you on your performance on ‘Tea with me’. You did a great job. I know it can be hard to adjust to the cameras. I do want to ask you to practice less in dance.” I looked at him in shock. He turned around and sat back down in his luxurious chair. “This is not to punish you, but just to let you focus on your vocals. Lately the live performance has become more and more important. If you don’t improve your singing it can affect your future as group. Make wisely use of our facilities and your Self-study hours.” There was a short silence. He nodded, as if he agreed with his thoughts. “You can leave.” I stood, and bowed before him, “thank you for your advice, I will work hard.”

 

~~~***~~~

Hey guys, new chapter xD Hope you like it.

My vacation is almost here, and tis is the first day since weeks it's nice weather... But I am sick T^T Not fair T^T