Chapter 32. Finally!

Lian

 

The past day’s had been so busy. After our showcase and the dinner with EXO, four day’s had passed and today would be our debut stage on Music Core. About 20 hours ago our music video had been released and the interest had been explosive.  Last time I checked we had already more than 500 thousand views. This increased our longing to do a good job on our debut stage. “Yah!” “Huh?” I popped my earphones out of my ears. “Sorry,” I grinned, “my thoughts were far away.” I looked up at the face of Sujin “Were you saying something?” She sighed, rubbing her forehead, “Yes,” she replied as she clenched her teeth, “I said we should get ready for the practice, which will start in about,” she glanced at her phone, “10 minutes. Make haste!” I nodded as I put my phone with my music down and grabbed my vest. Today I was wearing a simple black long T-shirt with panther print leggings.

 

I followed the others to the stage, though I didn’t register much I did notice more people making way for us than before. When we reached the stage we saw the group before us just finishing up, as they passed us I caught a few of their comments. “Who are they?” “Oh, they are the new group of SM, but just because they are from SM they think so highly of themselves. Tch.” When I turned to make a remark back I was interrupted my Yumi. “Don’t.” Sujin walked to us, “Come on, concentrate it’s our turn.” She made a small circle with us, “don’t forget, enjoy. HANA Fighting!” With that being said Sujin lead us on the stage. The only thing that could be said was that it was over quickly. We were uncoordinated, distracted and clumsy. “We have to get our act together!” Sujin calmly commented, “if we are going to be like this we’d better stop now.” We all sat in the room, a bit taken aback by Sujin’s comments, also we were very disappointed. How could we mess up so much? One image remained, the girl who had badmouthed us, snickering when we walked by after our practice stage.

 

“I am going to get some fresh air before the stylists arrive.” Sujin muttered something in reply. I quickly passed through the hall way’s, hoping to avoid any contact and strictly keeping my eyes on the floor. Soon I reached the roof, I sighed as I let my body slip down against the wall, sitting down on the ground. I could only think about the girl, and about the things I had wanted to tell her. A cool wind blew though my hair, and I realized the reason I had messed up so bad. I had to let go, I pulled an ugly face, easier said than done. I inhaled, and slowly I calmed down, every breath I took I calmed down more. The wind took away all my worries, the only thing that remained was just me.

 

I arrived back in our backstage room when the stylist just began dressing us and doing our make-up. I sat down in my chair and patiently waited for them to finish. The debut stage crept closer and closer, I felt my stomach tense up and my heart quicken a bit. I just remained still and stared at my reflection, it was so different from my usual face, I almost didn’t recognize myself. When the stylists were finished we continued waiting in the room, with the television on. I studied the other groups before us, but stopped when my stomach tensed up even more. Finally Sujin saved us from our own thoughts, “Let’s get ready.” She took our hands in hers, and we made a bit of an circle. “Okay, now is not the time to be distracted or to get scared. We have stood on stage before, remember the great feeling of then.” She sighed, “Once we step on the stage the nerves will be gone and we all love it right?” We nodded a bit slowly, “Then, let’s go! HANA fighting!” The last part we yelled in unison, and my nerves lay down a little and were replaced by excitement and happiness.

 

~~~~

 

The darkness engulfed us, the music suddenly blasted its first well known tones, and a spotlight focused on Sujin. Confident she stepped forward, she opened and I heard her first lines, only it sounded so soft in comparison with the loud music. The rest of us were still standing in the back, and I realized what was wrong, her mic was broken. This was so unlucky, we had checked everything and just moments ago it was working. I looked to my left, Nana would follow up in a few seconds, but Sujin still had a few lines. My thoughts were slow, but my body already moved on its own. I passed my mic to Nana, and she seemed to understand, though my brain did not. She went forward, passing past Sujin, while pushing my mic in her hands. Sujin was surprised and upset, Nana already took her remaining lines, so Sujin could gather her thoughts again. While this happened in the corners of my eyes, I had already swiftly glided to the side of the stage, and received a new mic from one of the staff. I smiled, mouthing a thanks to him, as I moved back to my position in the darkness. Just as I returned the refrain where we would all participate. My excitement grew as I moved forward again and sang my lines together with Yumi. I smiled widely, this went so much better than the practice a few hours ago. I couldn’t see the fans, but I could hear them, I could not decipher who was cheering and who was booing but still it all sounded the same and it gave us energy. The rest of the stage finished excellent. We didn’t make any more mistakes and Nana’s high-pitched tones were all perfect. When the last tones ended we jumped up and embraced each other, we bowed to the audience and hopped off the stage.

 

I handed the mic’s back to the staff, “Thanks, if you didn’t react so quickly I wouldn’t have made it on time.” I thanked the boy who had handed me the mic, “Yes I am so grateful,” Sujin added as she deeply bowed for the guy. He blushed a bit and muttered, “n-no thanks. It’s my job.”

 

We patiently waited for the people in front of us to move, again the hallway was packed. While we waited we chatted with each other happily, Sujin interrupted us, “I think manager Kim is in our waiting room. Let head over there and escape this craziness.” We tried to push trough, and my friends popped through one by one, until again I was the only one remaining, I shouldn’t make this a habit of mine, I thought while I still tried to maneuver trough the crowd. It was so hot and suffocating with all these people pushing and walking trough. I felt my cheeks heath us, as I gasped for air, my muscles suddenly felt so heavy and I saw black and red dots appear for my eyes, before I completely out.

 

~~~~

 

“Aish, why is it so packed here?” I wondered aloud. The small girl in front of my quickly stepped aside, and I was able to walk past, and I continued my way, swiftly moving through the crowd. I glanced at my phone, it was almost time for the last stage with all the artists and the first place announcement, this meant HANA had also made their debut stage. I cursed the schedule of the show, I had missed their stage. I looked over the heads, to see if I saw any familiar faces, I caught a glimpse of the back of a small head, with black strait hair. Somehow I was sure it was Lian, and I tried to move closer, but once I almost reached her, I saw her face turn to me, her eyes were wide and her face red. Then her head disappeared. My heart jumped in shock, I pushed towards her, just in time to catch her before she hit the ground. “Lian? Lian! Wake up!” I lifted her in my arms, “Move! Where is the room of HANA?!” I was incredibly worried, my heart was icecold from fear, and I hurried in the direction the people pointed. I ignored the faces I passed, they just watched. How could you just watch in such a situation. I burst through the door with their nametag and hurried to the nearest couch. Sujin and Yumi quickly moved from the couch and cleared the aria. “What happened?” Sujin asked me in shock. “I don’t know, one moment I saw her face, and the second she collapsed.”

 

~~~~

 

“Where is Lian?” I looked around the room. Jinae answered “She was right behind me just a moment ago.” “Seriously, that girl needs to learn how to move through the crowd.” I sighed and let myself slump down at the couch. I massaged my temples, hoping Lian would comeback soon, before I jumped in shock as the door flew open and Bang Yongguk was in the opening, carrying Lian bridal style. “What…” was the only thing I managed to say, before Yongguk paced in side and laid Lian on the couch, she seemed unconscious. “What happened?” I asked him, looking at his face, his eyes stood scared, and shocked too. “I don’t know, one moment I saw her face, and the second she collapsed.” I positioned myself next to her face, and laid my hand on her forehead. “She feels warm, get a wet cloth and a warm blanket.” Jinae hurried off to the bathroom with a small towel, and Yongguk grabbed a purple blanket out of the closet, I vaguely remembered the blanket, such coincidence he takes the same blanket Lian was covered with a week ago.

 

I received the blanket from Yongguk, and covered Lian, “Lian? Lian?” I whispered softly to her, “Hey, come on, wake up.” Jinae finally returned and when I laid it on her forehead her lashes fluttered and her eyes slowly opened. “Hey, you’re awake, how are you feeling?”

 

~~~~

 

My head felt so heavy, like I had an enormous hangover, my ears picked up some faint noises. My name was being called, I wanted to drift off again, I don’t want to face my hangover yet, “Hey, come on, wake up.” Sujin? Why was her voice so worried? I felt something cold being put on my sore head, Ah that felt better. The pain lightened a bit, and I tried to open my eyes. “Hey, you’re awake, how are you feeling?” Sujin’s voice asked me. I lifted my arm and placed my hand on my head, “Not so good, not so good.” I sighed, and my blurry vision finally got strait again. “What happened?” I looked at the worried faces looking at me, I suddenly felt self conscious. “Why are you all looking at me?” I tried to get up, but as soon as my feet touched the ground I shifted my weight on them my vision became blurred again with black spots.

 

A pair of strong arms caught me and guided me back down on the couch. “Your hair looks funny Yongguk.” I giggled, “You dyed it again?” He chuckled softly, “Yes, we continued with our follow up song.” He smiled down at me, “You’d better sit down for a while, you passed out in the hallway after you debut stage.” I couldn’t think of anything to reply, “Oh.” He stood up and looked in my eyes again, “I have to go to the price stage,” he looked at the others, “You have to go too, but I think you’d better stay put here.” His dark eyes glance at me while he spoke the last words, he didn’t allow any objection. “I’ll be going,” he walked to the door, “see you later.” “Yeah, thanks for bringing back Lian.” Sujin called after him. The door closed with a click.

 

“I don’t want to leave you alone in this state.” Jinae whined. “Really I’ll be fine, just go.” I faked a smile, “I’ll just close my eyes for a bit again, and when I open them again you will be back.” Jinae let herself be dragged to the door, “Okay, but promise you won’t go walking around.” I smiled, sometimes she was more of a unni than my donsaeng. “I promise,” I held up my pinky.

 

When the door closed behind her, I fished my phone out of my pocket, and speed dialed my mother, “Mom, it happened again.”

 

~~~***~~~

Omo cliffhanger!!! What was she talking about??

Please look forward to the next chapter xD

 

Please subscribe, comment and keep reading

Love my readers, commenter’s and my subscribers <3

 

Extra!

Hey everyone, today I did somthing really awesome xD

I finished 2nd in the national archery championships for juniors. YAY

That's why you gat this present, update, from me.

I will probably be updating less often in the future since my new school year will be starting tomorrow T^T

Love you all <3