Chapter 14. Streets.

Lian

 

I looked down at my phone, the tears still fell, slowly but steadily. My sight was blurred by the tears still left in my eyes. I heard the voice of the metro woman. Only one station left. I quickly wiped my tears away and cleared my throat, I didn’t want the members to think I am a crybaby. I cleared my throat again when the metro stopped. I rose from my chair and walked to the door, which rolled open as I approached it. I stepped out of the metro, and searched the people on the station looking for known faces.  When my eyes found their faces, my heart jumped, it was good to see them and be able to smile. Their hugs were warm and much needed and appreciated. Only one person was missing, Lian was standing a few feet behind the rest, and she was busy calling someone, she seemed happy and enthusiastic with the person on the other side of the line. She nodded like she had made and agreement and hung up. She turned to me and smiled widely. “Hi.”

Everything was set, the only thing that needed to be done was to get to the meeting place. “Let’s go, I know a very nice shopping mall. They also have a very good café there.” I remained a bit vague about the heading of our walk. I had agreed with Nina to meet her at the fountain close to the museum, there was a large open area where a lot of people enjoyed they free day, and just relaxed. I had met Nina in America, she was a student in dance and music too, and after I had left for Korea we had kept contact trough texts and email. She had finished her major in dance and musical arts. And after that she had chosen to do another major in dance choreography here in Korea. She had told me about the jams which were organized by the fountain. Different dance groups would battle each other, and this would always gather a lot of audience. I had always wanted to see it, or moreover, be part of it.

We arrived at the fountain and I saw Nina waiting. I rushed over to her, the others followed a bit slower. “Hi Nina! It has been way too long.” I greeted her in English. I turned back to the others and switched back to Korean again. “This is one of my high school friends of America. She is majoring in dance choreography right now.” I turned to Nina, “these are my other members of HANA, Sujin, Nana, Yumi and Jinea.” I explained, while pointing them out for her. “And this is Minah, our bodyguard.” They all exchanged their greetings, while I felt my excitement reach a level which I couldn’t contain anymore. “Ehm… Nana, did you by coincidence bring the USB with the recordings and the instrumentals.” “Yes… But why?” She answered with an suspicious look at me. “I’ll show you, Nina, the others already started right?” Nina smiled widely, “Yes, come!”

We followed Nina into a small alley, and suddenly we stood in a big open square. We saw a big crowd, and heard stay’s of music which were carried by the air. Nina walked to the crowd of people and pushed in, we followed close behind. I caught a few glimpses of a dance crew, and then I got full view. Two groups of dance crews were standing face to face and were one by one showing their skill. Every time trying to overtop the opponent. I glimpsed at the faces of my members, they seemed exited, and amazed by the show. We kept on watching until the end. The crowd slowly dissolved, and we were able to approach the dancers, they greeted Nina enthusiastically, and looked at us with curiosity. Nina quickly introduced us, and asked one of the dance crews if they would want to battle with us, on the square of the fountain. They seemed a bit hesitant. “Are you sure? You don’t really look like a street dance crew.” “Yes, we are sure,” I boasted, “and you’d better not underestimate us.” “Well,” the guy who seemed to be the leader said, “it’s a deal then,” he offered his hand, Sujin shook it.

“The rules are simple, you will get 2 songs to get in to the mood, and to attract a crowd. Because you are the rookies, you are the opening act.” He smirked, like he doubted the fact that we would be able to attract a crowd. “After that the battle will start. Shin will take care of the music, together with Nina.” I nodded and handed the USB to Nina, “It is the first track. But we only have one song…” “That’s okey, I brought my Iphone cable, you have enough music on your phone right?” “Aah,” I reacted, I walked a bit away with the boy to the music installation. I explained to him which song I wanted to be played, and he tested the material, to be sure we agreed on the volume and bass line.

When we walked back to the others, I noticed they were ready for battle. They all seemed to have cheered up with the idea of a performance. I snickered, my plan worked. I peeked at Jinea her face, it was light up with excitement. Good. “Well, shall we go to the fountain then?” I looked at the face of their leader, I think his name was Junhyung, “are you coming to watch the opening performance?” I asked with sarcasm, “or are you too scared,” I added. Annoying your opponent is never unjustified. I smiled at his blushing face. “We will see.” He only said while following us to the fountain.

 

 

~~~***~~~

I just really enjoy writing this story xD

I hope you all enjoy it just as much reading my fanfic.

 

Please leave comments and subscribe

I love you <3