4

Love Letter

 

Hyukjae's POV

 

 

I heard the bell rang, signaling that we must go to our classroom now or we're dead. When I came inside the class, the teacher already there, so I lazily but a little bit quickly went to my seat. I turned my head to my left side and found an empty seat. Huh..?

 

Its already fifteen minutes since the lesson started but the seat beside me is still empty........well there's still donghae's bag on his seat. But where's the blushing-guy? I waited for another fifteen minutes. But still none. As curious I am, I decided to ask when the teacher went to the restroom for awhile. "Where's donghae?" I asked, loud enough to get the students attention. But regretted it immediately.

Some answered "Huh?donghae?" "Donghae what?" "Donghae? Oh! That Kim donghae?" "lee donghae, duh!"....... And some "I don't know" "hm maybe he changes school" "I don't even know that he went to school today" "he never talked"..... And some "kya! Hyukjae's so sweet, he cares for his classmates" "I wonder if I didn't went to school, will he search for me?"..... Blablabla

"YAH!" I shouted. Everyone stopped immediately. "Ok I understand. Thank you". I sighed.

 

"Maybe he's crying in the toilet right now~ hmm or... Still can't get up from the floor" I heard kangin chuckled and smirked on his seat. Huh? "What do you mean?" I asked. "Don't know, he's annoying you know. Never talk and always look down. He--" kangin's words got cut as the teacher came in the class again "sorry for leaving so long, let's continue the lesson"

 

I stunned. What was that. I know kangin, he's a good guy, in fact. But he always couldn't control his temper when he's mad, and always beat or bully someone who made him angry or-- wait. Did he-- . "Sir, may I go to the toilet, please?" I felt sungmin and kyu stared at me but I'm too in a rush right now, so I didn't look back at them.

 

I ran through the hallway, but then stopped.

 

What are you doing lee hyukjae?

 

...

 

! I don't ing know, just run and find this guy, stupid! When I realized, I already in front of the toilet and started to check all of the cubicles there. But no, there's no donghae. I started to run again. Where? Where I can find him? I kept cursing in my mind as I ran through the hallway again.

"Aa!!" I heard voices came from the infirmary room, like a whispered and almost inaudible but I still can hear it. That voice!

I quickly snapped the door open, and there. Donghae. He's sitting on the end of the bedside, closing his eyes tightly as mrs. Kim, the school's doctor, tried to heal his right hand. What? Heal? "Hyukjae? What's wrong? Are you sick?" Mrs. Kim asked, Donghae still didn't realize that I'm here, maybe because he's too focused on his right hand. I ignored the question and came closer when I saw there's bruise on his left cheek and a wound on his right hand. Looked like someone had just stepped on his hand, really hard with his sport shoes. I stunned.

I saw how puffy and red donghae's eyes are, and I could see clearly how it droped slowly...from his left eye...through his left bruised cheek...slowly to his jawline...and finally vanished on his pants.

 

I felt my heart clenched.

And when there's one more tear that was going to drop from his right eye, I closed my eyes tightly. Afraid at the sight. "AH!" I snapped my eyes opened. Mrs. Kim had just tried to heal the wound again, and I could see how donghae's crying again while clenched his fist to the bed sheet and gritted his teeth. I looked at the wound, it quite big and I still could see blood there. I clenched my fist, but loosened when I saw the tears again.

Without thinking, I sat beside donghae and wiped away his tears.

 

 

And from this, now I know how fragile donghae is.