Curious Panda

GAME

 

Heads turn around everywhere, making a 360 degrees turn, Tao look around to see if there’s any seniors he need to greet before being scolded at. Hyuna just laugh at his action, understanding that he is nervous and scared after the harsh treatment he gets the other day. If Alex was there with them, Alex would have had a harsher treatment than he had, he was treated badly because he was the magnae among the four of them. Tao just follow behind Hyuna carefully while still being very cautious with his surroundings.

 

Hyuna peek in one of the practice room to see if it’s occupied or not, but ended up seeing Min Yoong, Kyung Soo and Baek Hyun in the room. The three of them wave happily to Hyuna and Hyuna did the same. Hyuna look behind her to see that Tao is standing quite far from her, so she went to him and pull his hand to enter the practice room. Hyuna actually receives a text message from Hyori explaining that Min Yoong is going to have a trio stage instead of a duo stage, and Hyori ask Hyuna to give tips for their song selection since she can’t ask help from Eun Mi who were too busy quarrelling with Kris. 

 

“Let me see what song you’ve chose,” Hyuna ask the three of them. They show the lyrics of the song they choose. She looks at them and smile, realize that the song they choose is quite good for a trio performance. The part can be divided equally, but they just need to make sure they don’t overshadow anyone in their performance.

 

“So whose part is whose?” Hyuna asks.

 

“First verse would be Min Yoong’s part, second verse would be mine and the third one would be Baek Hyun, but we plan on using a higher key for the last part. For the chorus, we’ll sing together, but Min Yoong will use falsetto voice during chorus,” Kyung Soo explains. Hyuna then ask them to play the song again, to hear the adlibs. She then look at the three of them and ask them to sing the song in front of her to help them divide the adlibs part. Tao just look Hyuna help them with amazement.

 

“this ‘no’ part will be yours Kyungsoo, this ‘can’t let go’ would be Min Yoong’s part, Baek Hyun, after your part, this “baby” part, you’ll sing it and then all of you will sing the chorus again. Min Yoong, you’ll be using falsetto voice for chorus, right? So for the adlibs during the last chorus, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo will take turns for the adlibs, ok? I’m just giving advices, you can still do it in your own way. I’ll be going now, good luck guys!” Hyuna said and pulls the still amaze Tao and walk towards the practice room next-door.

 

“Noona, jjang-ida!” Tao said the one Korean word he learns from Min Seok that Min Seok said should be used for him to express ‘the best’.

 

“Aha thank you Tao. Anyway, this is the song that you say you want to do?” Hyuna take the song lyric from Tao’s hand while he just nods answering her question. She smiles at it, realizing that Tao would be singing instead of rapping like he did during the greeting session. Hyuna told Tao to pick a song he wants to sing that would be good for a duet song and with the help from his housemates, he choose only one song. Hyuna didn’t choose any song because she wanted to let Tao choose something he’s comfortable with. Thinking about the treatment he got from the other trainees, she gives some freedom to him and he actually picks a really nice song for their duet.

 

Hyuna ask Tao to sings right away since last night, with the help from Ye Heung, he had prepared an instrumental for the song as well. Hyuna kind of pities Tao for this duet mission because compared to the five new trainee entering the company, Tao is the one with the least experience. Hyuna feels thankful though that Jun Myeon and Luhan teach Tao about harmonization, so they harmonize their voice easily.

 

Hyuna sees Luhan coming in the room alone with bandage on his hand but was distracted by how Tao shiver a little hearing the door opens. Just how bad was he treated during the greeting session that he is this scared? During the greeting session, Hyuna went to meet her brother, Jinwoon who suddenly came to the company to meet her, so she didn’t know how bad was he treated, he only hears about it from her dorm mates. Luhan walk towards Tao, probably he sees that Tao was shocked by his entrance and give him a banana milk from his bag to Tao and tell him to calm down. Luhan give one of his sweet smiles to both Tao and Hyuna and walk to the other end of the room to make sure he won’t bother them with their practice.

 

Tao drinks the banana milk cutely, with his eyes still looking at Luhan once in a while. Hyuna who was writing notes on the lyrics is clearly distracted by each of Tao’s action. When Tao’s gaze is finally on Hyuna’s face, he nearly jump when someone open the door to the practice room roughly. Hyuna have this feeling to protect him from everything when he sees how scared he is with every little things people around him does. The only people he’s comfortable with are with them but they still get scared sometimes.

 

“Tao, Tao…. Tao!” Hyuna nearly screams to have Tao’s attention back to her. Tao look at her and apologize again and again for being distracted by Luhan and Jongyun. Luhan and Jongyun who are used to the calm Hyuna is quite surprise to hear her raise her voice to Tao.

 

“Tao, I want you to listen to me. Whatever you went through during the greeting session was a normal thing. We all went through those things, so stop feeling scared of every single thing you do or listen. Try to relax a bit, ok? We all will be here for you, to help you and guide you through your training period. Trust us. We won’t be protecting you though, you’re no longer a baby, handle things maturely, ok?” Hyuna said quietly. Hyuna’s eyes then went to Luhan and Jongyun who are so close to each other that if people see it from other angles would think they’re kissing.

 

“Noona, can we date in the company?” Tao suddenly asks.

 

“Maybe but secretly? I’m not sure but I do heard of previous trainees dating each other before,” Hyuna said, giving back Tao’s lyrics to him.

 

“Noona, I’m not scared of everything, though I am scared of Kim Kwang Soo hyung and other old trainees, I’m just someone who get shock easily and I’m just really really curious about every single thing,” Tao said, suddenly changing the topic.

 

“Have you ever heard that you look like panda?” Hyuna said staring at the dark circle on his face. Tao suddenly blush at her piercing stare on him and blink a lot of times.

 

“Yeah… I… I’ve heard it a lot, let’s… let’s practice,” Tao stutters but successfully delivers her message to Hyuna. Hyuna finds every actions Tao does cute, if only he does cuter things to her, she, who rarely buys anything for Jongyun might even buy everything he wants.