Nicknames

GAME

 

Jongyun practice her dance choreography alone as she waits for Min Yoong to come back from the toilet while the other three members of Sparkle went to their university for their classes. On free days, they are allowed to go to their classes like a normal student does. It just turns out that Jongyun doesn’t have any classes to attend and Min Yoong just came back from her school. They need to practice if there’s a possibility of them doing variety shows in the future, thus the need to show any cool dance moves.

 

“I miss you…” Jongyun stop dancing when she remembers the text message she receives from Luhan this morning. She misses him too, a lot actually. It frustrates her that he can’t be here for her when she had her showcase and her debut stage but she knows that decision is not in his hand.

 

Jongyun stop dancing when Min Yoong walks in with a blank face, the normal face she does everyday. By now, everyone had realized that Min Yoong is like Kyungsoo’s twin with her facial expression, her smile, the way she interacts with fans and also because of her big eyes. Little by little, people start shipping Kyung Soo and Min Yoong together, just as much as people shipping Jong In and Kyung Soo together. Jongyun is quite jealous that fans ship the two of them because Luhan is far away from her, and she can’t even prove the fact that they’re close. If there’s anyone in EXO people ship her with, it’s Sehun and all because of the modelling she did for Min Jae. All of the predebut photos through her online shopping mall make people ship the two of them since they work together a lot.

 

“Eun Mi unnie asks me why didn’t you answer your phone and she told me that they’ll arrive here in 20 to 30 minutes but she has a meeting with Mr. Park so she wants us to practice with just the four of us,” Min Yoong said putting her phone besides her bag. Jongyun went to her bag and realized that she has 3 miss calls from Eun Mi, and 2 miss call from Hyori.

 

“You know, if someday people ask me what’s my nickname, should I answer them truthfully or should I lie about it? Because telling them what Minyeo means would make them think that it means pretty girl but telling them what it really means will make them think of me as crazy,” Jongyun asks the magnae, trying to prepare herself for question that might be asked in the future.

 

“Well, you can just tell them the true meaning. The fans already know that SPARKLE is a group of crazy people, thanks to Eun Hyuk oppa and Donghae oppa,” Min Yoong said to Jongyun and Jongyun nods her head agreeing to Min Yoong’s word. The fans do think of them as somehow as crazy as SNSD and Super Junior.

 

“Chanyeol oppa have like rich teeth, happy virus and etc, I only have one,” Jongyun said pouting.

 

“At least you have one, I don’t have any. I can’t tell people that I’m the big-eyed couple with Kyung Soo, that would make scandals. Make one for me unnie!! Please!!” Min Yoong pout and plead Jongyun cutely that Jongyun ended up melting to her aegyo.

 

“NunKkeo (눈커)” Jongyun who’s really bad at making nickname said.

 

“Unnie, that’s just me as a part of of the big-eyed couple,” Min Yoong said pouting again.

 

“You ask for a nickname from her? People make nicknames for her, she failed at making nicknames for others. You should try asking Min Seok oppa for a nickname, or Luhan oppa, Luhan oppa makes a lot of nickname for people,” Hyori said putting her bag down and lay her head down on Jongyun’s lap, expressing that she’s tired.

 

“What meeting does Eun Mi unnie have with Mr. Park?” Jongyun asks ignoring the fact that Hyori just make fun of her abilities in making up nicknames for others.

 

“Do you think I’ll be here if I know?” Hyori asks Jongyun. Jongyun shake her heads and wave excitedly when she sees Hyuna enters the room.

 

“Someone wrote on my me2day today, she give suggestion for our nicknames, and it’s really nice!!” Hyuna said sliding her way to the rest of the members. Hyori who was lying down just now quickly sit down, excited to know about their nickname.

 

“Lee Hyori, pihyo (피효) and dance killer, Lee Jongyun, happy pills. Eh, that’s kind of similar with Chanyeol’s nickname, happy virus?” Hyuna stop talking questioning the nickname that fan just suggested but then move on saying other name suggestion, “Lee Jongyun, Banjeon  Jongyun (반전정윤), eye-smile Jongyun, Park Min Yoong, cute killer, fast hands.”

 

“What about yours?” Hyori asks.

 

“I don’t have any!” Hyuna said trying to hide her phone when Min Yoong quickly grab it and read her nickname loudly.

 

“Shameless Hyuna, Uncertified genius, oh Eun Mi’s unnie nickname is quite strong, amsalja (암살자) and no eye Eun Mi,” Min Yoong said.

 

“NO EYE EUNMI?” Eun Mi asks loudly entering the room.

 

“It’s the nickname suggestion someone posted to Hyuna,” Hyori said.

 

“What’s the explanation?” Eun Mi asks.

 

“피효stands for 피곤효리(tired Hyori) because Hyori’s eyes always looks like it wants to sleep, and dance killer is just a new name for dancing machine since she’s the main dancer of the group. Jongyun happy pills is just because they see Jongyun always jumping around at backstage together with Min Yoong, thus Min Yoong also get that nickname actually. Her nickname of eye-smile Jongyun is because she have nice eye-smile, as pretty as Tiffany’s eye smile. 반전정윤(Twist Jongyun) which is because of how different she looks on stage and off stage. Min Yoong’s cute killer is because of her aegyo, well she kills people with her aegyo while fast hands is just like how she did just now, her hands is fast, she take things faster, she touch people faster and etc. She must have gotten this skill from hanging out with Kyung Soo and Baek Hyun a lot since they like touching people as well,” Hyori stopped reading and laugh before reading Hyuna’s nickname explanation.

 

“Shameless Hyuna is because of her constant praise on herself in answering fans post it question during fan sign, and uncertified genius is because she claimed herself to be the brain of the group hahahaha. Unnie’s 암살자(assassin) actually is a play for ‘killer smile’, I find our fans creative for using this word. They say you’re an assassin since you kill people with your killer smile. And no-eye Eun Mi is because when you’re lauging your out, your eye naturally disappear despite having slightly bigger eyes compared to Jongyun.” Hyori said.

 

“What did you talk about with Mr. Park just now?” Jongyun asks curiously.

 

“SMTOWN”

 

================================================================================================================

Explanation if you're confused:-

 

 

NunKkeo (눈커) = Big Eyes

 

Lee Hyori's nickname:-

- pihyo (피효) = tired Hyori

- dance killer

 

Lee Jongyun's nickname:-

- happy pills

- Banjeon  Jongyun (반전정윤) = Twist Jongyun

- eye-smile Jongyun

 

Park Min Yoong's nickname:-

- cute killer

- fast hands

 

Jung Hyuna's nickname:-

- Shameless Hyuna

- Uncertified genius

 

Han Eun Mi's nickname:-

- amsalja (암살자) - Assassin

- no eye Eun Mi