MET

GAME

 

1,2,3,4, Eun Mi counts in her head while making her own choreography to Girls’ Generation song. She always does her own choreography during the Monthly Evaluation Test (MET), and she helps other trainees as well if they ask for her help. She heard other new rumors as well, that the 13 trainees who are training together for a new group won’t be debuting together, apparently, there will be new trainees coming in through the monthly evaluation test, some are from other companies and some are from the global auditions. Among the 13 trainees, there are like four to five people that had train longer than Hyuna and Hyori, so all of them around there, despite being competitors are also good friends to each other.

 

“It had been a while since the company take in trainees from other companies through the monthly evaluation test, don’t you think so? Are we going to see the transfer trainees test?” Hyori ask Eun Mi. Eun Mi look around the practice room, everyone are working hard, probably nervous. Monthly evaluation test, besides maintaining your position in the company, it also means some people have to leave.

 

“You’re not nervous unnie?” Jongyun ask Eun Mi. Eun Mi just smile towards Jongyun because she don’t have the right answer to give her. She still wants to debut and sing her own song, but somehow at this rate, it feels like she’s going to be fine even if she’s going to be kicked out through the evaluation test.

 

“Unnie is being really strange lately, she talks less, and smile more. Not that she doesn’t smile before this but used to talk more than she smiles. She’s really weird,” Hyuna said and send a text message to her brother to tell him that she’s starting her practice, so don’t bother her.

 

“You guys complain when I’m noisy, and you guys call me weird when I’m being quiet. Don’t you think you’re the weird one?” Eun Mi said and starts dancing to her own choreography. Despite already being put into a temporary group, the company’s monthly evaluation will be done individually. Right now, all the trainees are already divided into temporary groups. Eun Mi, Jongyun, Hyori and Hyuna are put in a group together, and is considered as the smallest member group. They are place together mainly because of the years of training they had. After Eun Mi, Hyori and Hyuna are the second among the female trainees who had train the longest.

 

Excusing herself from the training because of her injury, Jongyun just walk to another practice room, the vocal practice room to practice on her singing. If she can’t dance, she need to at least sings well for the MET. Jongyun walk into the room, a bit disheartened by the fact that her feet needs to rest from dancing. She had already choreographed her dancing routine for the MET but it’s also because of it that she’s unable to dance. She needs to rest until her feet is completely heal. Tears fall down right when she take a sit near the piano, her singing isn’t as good as her dancing, she knows that, that’s why she choose to be a rapper instead of being a singer, but this month MET rules is that there will be no rap performance.

 

“Jongyun-ah, are you ok?” Jongyun quickly wipe her tears when she hears the familiar voice, the voice that belongs to the beautiful man that she always adores. She’s a girl but he is always in any occasion, even when he’s terribly sweating from his practice will be prettier than her.  

 

“Oppa, I’m fine! What are you doing here?” Luhan just stood at his spot, clueless, not knowing what to do with the red eyes that are staring at him. Exactly who is she trying to lie to with those red eyes?

 

“You were… I’m… I’m here to practice for the MET. I hurt my back during practice, so I was told to focus on my singing. Are you sure you’re ok? Your eyes are really red you know.” Luhan said, moving closer to Jongyun. He doesn’t want to ask her about why she cried because she wouldn’t have avoided his question if she wants him to know. They’re not strangers; they had been training together for almost 2 years.

 

“My eyes? Ah… maybe because I was rubbing it so hard just now. I’m ok! Oh, I came first, so you have to wait for your turn. Are you the only one who couldn’t dance among the male trainee?” Jongyun ask, reaching for the microphone and insert in her minus one.

 

“Jong In still can’t dance yet, so he’ll come by later maybe. I heard Moon Kyu is hurt too, but I don’t know where because no one really knows about it.” Luhan said and take a seat at the chairs placed in front of the piano.

 

“Moon Kyu can’t be hurt though, I heard the manager said that he’s in the lineup for the debut,” Jongyun said and press the play button on the remote and start singing for her MET. The song she chooses for the MET is Broke Up Today by Younha (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLNJIRL2Hxw)

 

“Did anyone give any comment on your song choice yet?” Luhan asks.

 

“No, why? Is it bad?” Jongyun asks again.

 

“You don’t have… the right feelings in it. I don’t feel anything. You know how strict they are, right? You should choose something you can express well. Get in the right mood.” Luhan said.

 

“I had never been in any relationship, how should I know what a break up feels like. Then oppa, you tell me how it feels like,” Jongyun said bravely. She wants to get into it, she wants to know how it feels, because right now, there’s not enough time for her to change her song.  Honestly she pick the song because she feels like that’s how she feels like when she can’t dance. It feels like she’s being apart with something that she loves the most.

 

“I’m not going to tell you about how a breakup should feel like but I’ll tell you how you should feel for this song, in my point of view.” Luhan was going to explain about it when Moonkyu and Jong In walk into the practice room. Ignoring both of them, Luhan explain to Jongyun how he thinks the singer should feel while singing the song. Jongyun listen and try to understand what he means and start singing to it again, and instead of asking Luhan again, he asked the two boys how does it sound, is the right emotion in the song or not.

 

“Like you, I’ve never been in a relationship but we can manipulate our feelings in a song. We can understand the pain of breaking up through dramas or stories, our friends or family stories. It helps a lot. Imagine the pain the lead actress feels when someone breaks up with her.” Moonkyu said to Jongyun. Jongyun stares at Moonkyu and try to understand what he says. The problem with Jongyun is that despite being close to Moonkyu, she’s not a fast learner like Moonkyu when it comes to music. If it’s maths, she learns it quicker than Moonkyu does. She try singing the song again, imagining any break up her friends had experienced before and when she finish it, they all just sigh at her.

 

“You almost got it, but there’s something missing somewhere,” Jong In said to Jongyun. Jongyun look at the three of them and realize that Luhan is being push aside by the three of them.

 

“Yeah, I feel left-out right now because the three of you are friends of the same age. If it’s hard for you to think of the right feeling for a break up, think of friendship. You value the friendship between you and Moonkyu a lot but he doesn’t value it as much as you does. You sacrifice a lot for him but one day when he meet Jong In, he no longer spends a lot of time with you, thus you start feeling lonely, and then, you guys just stop contacting, and on that day, you start feeling how the lyric is,” Luhan said and she almost cry listening to his explanation while looking at Moonkyu. Moonkyu shook his head signaling that he didn’t do any of the things Luhan just said. Right then she start singing, tears streaming down her face but it didn’t choke on her voice and everyone applaud as she finish singing it.

 

“Thank you oppa! You helped a lot compared to these two betrayers! How dare both of you leave me! Anyway, what song are you going to sing?” Jongyun said jokingly wiping off her tears. The feeling that Luhan explained to her hurt her so much, because the three of them are the best of friends since the three of them enters the company at the same time.

 

“I actually have a lot of songs to sing, practice with all of them but today, after seeing you, I’m going to sing ‘It's Ok To Cry’ by Evan(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6GtLO8mjeo). Just for you!” Luhan said smiling sweetly to Jongyun. Jongyun feels like she can faint any moment right now just by how pretty Luhan is. She knows though, what she feels right now is not love, it’s not even a crush but she’s really jealous by how pretty Luhan is.

 

“But oppa… I’m not a man?” Jongyun ask.

 

“That’s why you’re the magnae. Aigoo, don’t take the whole song, just take some part of it. Or maybe just take the song title. OK?” Luhan said to Jongyun. 

===============================================================================================

Maybe this need a bit of explaining

I know nothing about SM Entertainment training process, I only know the names of their few and ex-trainees 

so besides using their names, none of the things I wrote about in this fan fictions are true. I know you guys are clever to know that, but just in case.

I don't think no one can really know about the training process besides the trainees themselves

Besides Han Kyuwan, the other trainees names are fictional. Enjoy!!