What Is Love?

GAME

 

These past few days, it feels like her heart is not functioning that well. She had always been the normal one in the group, Eun Mi calls her the nicest, the normal and the cleverest among all of them but something doesn’t feel normal lately. Her heart always seems to ache more than they should. Sometimes she would forget how to breathe when she sees him, and goes into hiding, not wanting to get any closer to him as it might disturb him from his busy days. Some days she will be peeking through the practice room to just catch a glimpse of him, to calm her aching heart. It does help, and she finds it surprising.

 

She looks into the mirror in her own room, preparing herself to go to the company. Korean, the language they use to talk to each other but once it gets harder for him, they’ll switch to mandarin right away. Their conversations are enough to make her laugh when she’s with him, and it makes her smile just thinking about it. People look down on him, bullied him and say mean things to him because he’s new in the company and doesn’t deserve to be where he is today, but he works harder than any of the trainees that bullies him because to him, he needs to prove to them that the spot where he is right now is made for him, that’s why he’s standing there.

 

She took her phone and read the message she receives from him. Every day he would send a good morning message, asking her if she have eaten or not and tell her to take care of herself, and she will reply the same thing to him, longer because she gives advices to him. That’s the only thing she can do right now because she’s scared of meeting him. She doesn’t know what kind of sickness she’s having right now. She never had these kind of symptoms before, and even after searching for it in the library or the internet, she still don’t know what kind of disease she have. She’s scared to meet him, scared that her heart won’t be able to endure whatever kind of pain it will feel when she meets him. If thinking of him makes her heart ache, how will it feel like when she finally meets him?

 

[Practice room]

 

He sits on the floor, releasing a big sigh for three or four times, but clueless about why he’s sighing. It’s not like Hyuna doesn’t reply his message, Hyuna replies to it, but he feels like it’s not enough at all. He needs to at least meet her once a day like he used to do when he wasn’t this busy. Now that their teaser had been released, they are getting busier and getting restless. Hyuna had always been his own pillar of support aside from his group members. Tao didn’t complain though, because compared to Luhan’s situation, he considered himself as lucky. Luhan misses someone that he doesn’t know if she misses him or not. She rarely replies his text message but Hyuna always reply Tao’s text message but Jongyun never fail to pass a bubble tea or any kind of food to Luhan through someone else. Every day Luhan would receive food or drink from Jongyun with a side note telling him ‘good luck’ or ‘take care of yourself’ but he never get the chance to meet her.

 

I lost my mind. neoreul cheo-eum mannasseul ttae,
neo hana ppaeko modeun geoseun get in slow motion
nae-ge marhaejwo. ike sarangiramyeon.
mae-il keudaewah sumanheun gamjeongdeu-reul nanwoju-go baewo-gamyeo
ssa-u-go, ul-ko, anaju-go.
nae-ge marhaejwo. ike sarangiramyeon
,” Tao just stare at Luhan as he sings a part from the korean version of What is Love. His voice is really nice, maybe that’s how he feels at the moment, that’s what Tao think. Kyungsoo and Baek Hyun then starts singing the song together with Luhan and suddenly Jong Dae start singing with them as well. The room that were quiet just now as they all are taking a break is suddenly alive again, with the members singing the Korean version of What is Love. Tao is sure about one thing though, he’s not lonely, he just misses Jung Hyuna and he just hope that she feels the same way too. To him, it’s unfair if he’s the only one who misses her, she needs to miss him too.

 

All of the members stop singing when Kris and Jun Myeon walk into the practice room with Eun Mi. They all stand up and bow respectfully towards Eun Mi. Despite knowing that they will ended up being Eun Mi’s senior, it still doesn’t change the fact that she was one of the longest trainee in the company and have helped them a lot with their training. Eun Mi smiles sweetly to them, giving them the eye smile that they haven’t seen for way too long.

 

“So the reason why I’m here is because I got some good news and some bad news. Which one would you like to hear first?” Eun Mi said while both Kris and Jun Myeon just smile hearing her words.

 

“Bad news first,” Tao said to Eun Mi, feeling really scared with the word ‘bad news’.

 

“Well, the bad news is that despite the company telling you guys that you will have a day off on the 31st of December and on the 1st of January, you guys will have to be here on the 31st,” They all start making noise at the announcement. When can they rest then?

 

“Can there be any good news coming out from that one?” Jong Dae asks. Eun Mi gives him a cold stare for his answers to her and he just look down towards the floor, a bit scared that Eun Mi who were smiling a moment ago is giving him the cold stare.

 

“The reason why you need to be here on the 31st is because you all will be celebrating the new years with Sparkle. Gosh I really still hate that name. Anyway, all of us will be here. So stop making those sad and pitiful faces just because my girls are not meeting you, start thinking how you want to impress them or anything. So good luck in whatever you want to do. You too!” Eun Mi said to all of them and direct the ‘you too’ to both Jun Myeon and Kris who she expect to give something to her because they are close to her. Kris just smile at her cute action but then have a blank expression, thinking hard what to get for her to get her attention. Eun Mi look around seeing EXO members start smiling again. They must have miss Sparkle a lot. They’ve trained together for too long, so they’re not used to being apart like this. She understands that feeling, because that’s how she feels when Kyu Wan left her to enter the army.

 

haruga machi 1bun-cheoreom neukkyeojike mandeul-ji.
neoman isseumyeon yeong-hwah sokye juwinkong.
neol kuhareo tallyeo-ganeun aeksyeon sshin irado chikeul keotcheoreom,
nan machi yeongungi dwehn geotcheoreom.”

 

Kyungsoo who’s his new name is D.O starts singing and the rest start singing together with him. They all are really happy to hear the news from Eun Mi that they can’t stop smiling. When the trainer walks in, the trainer is so happy to see all of them hitting high keys with the song and just clap his hands when they finish singing. He doesn’t even know why they were singing, he’s just happy they reach high keys, even though it’s not even the key for the song.