Happy Virus

GAME

 

Quiet, that’s the first thing that comes to Eun Mi’s mind when she first walks into the usual meeting room. Usually the meeting room will be so noisy with Jun Myeon, Eun Mi and Kris fighting with each other on their opinion. Mr. Park enters the room and smile to the awkward Eun Mi.

 

“It’s awkward right? I’m not used to this as well. I’m too used to seeing three people in this room.” Mr. Park said to Eun Mi and Eun Mi just nods her head.

 

“So, I’m going to ask you one question, what if I give you a chance to debut through singing duets with either Super Junior, SHINee or EXO?” Eun Mi look at Mr. Park and wonder why does this fatherly figure in front of her wants her to debut as fast as possible? If the company wants to debut her, why can’t they just let Sparkle debut? It’s just not the way, SM Entertainment won’t debut two groups in the same year will they?

 

“Mr. Park, I think you know quite well what kind of answer I’ll be giving you, why do you still ask me?” Mr. Park smiles hearing her question to him.

 

“There’s no harm in trying, are there?” Mr. Park answer her. She just nods her head agreeing to what he said. There’s never harm in trying, in fact, you may gain something by it, just like when she enters the company without even knowing why she’s entering.

 

“So Sparkle, right? In the list of song we have, we have a song call ‘twinkle’, don’t you think the title of the song suits your group name?” Mr. Park asks. Eun Mi look at Mr. Park, not understanding what he said, or probably just can’t believe what he’s hinting on.

 

“At first I argue with the company to let you debut as a solo artists, they ask me to go on with that plan, but you refused. Then, I ask them to let you debut as a duet partner to either Super Junior member, SHINee member or EXO member, they agree but they ask me to offer you to debut together with Sparkle through the song, ‘twinkle’. Please don’t reject the offer again, I really want to see you debut as soon as possible. I’ve watched you trained for the whole eight years, I know you deserve to stand on stage.” Mr. Park said trying to convince Eun Mi. She can’t accept or reject it because it’s Sparkle debut, not Han Eun Mi debut.

 

“I’ll discuss with the others first,” Eun Mi don’t really like the song title, it sounds so girlish, just like her group name. It doesn’t suit her at all, so she hopes her group member won’t agree to it.

 

“Anyways, please contact EXO-M. You can see EXO-K like once in a week but you can only see EXO-M probably after a few months, they’re kind of stressed with the kind of treatment they’re getting there, with the sasaeng fans on lose, so hope you girls can do us a favour by calling them. The company will pay for it all. Here’s the phone to contact them.” Mr. Park hands Eun Mi a galaxy note for Sparkle to use to call EXO-M members. He reminds her for one last time that she can only call them during the night. There’s only two number in that phone, EXO-K and EXO-M number. The members have their own phone but since the bill would be high if they ever to make international calls, each group are given one phone to get in contact with each other.  Mr. Park hand her their schedule for her to know when they can call EXO’s members, K and M.

 

Eun Mi walk out of the meeting room, bowing to every staff she came in contact with while still holding tightly to the phone in her hand, with too many things on her mind. Right now, both EXO-K and EXO-M are free, it’s early in the morning, she doesn’t have class and EXO-K are probably somewhere in the company or in the dorm. Their dorm are no longer near to Sparkle dorm. She walk towards the empty practice room as her other group members have class and take out a notebook from her bag. She writes whenever she has free time, not that she have something to write about but that’s just a habit of hers that she feels proud of. She wrote down what they can and can’t do with the Galaxy Note, wrote back the free time M and K have for Sparkle to call them and put away their schedule right away since it’s not that important. What important is the free time they have to call them.

 

“Who’s holding this phone?” A message came in and Eun Mi almost throw the phone away, kind of surprised that it rings. Why did they contact Sparkle first when they’re a star and they’re busy? Shouldn’t Sparkle be the one to contact them?

 

“Then who’s holding this phone?” Eun Mi asks to the phone that is supposed to be EXO-K main number.

 

“Happy Virus! Hyori, it’s you, right?” Eun Mi laughs at the text message. Eun Mi just shook her head to the shameless EXO who are making up their own nickname and say that fans give them those names. SHINee told them one thing about it, make up your own nickname, spread it around and make it seems like fans give you those names.

 

“It’s Eun Mi noona! Why are you up when you can still sleep?” Eun Mi asks the excited boy. Instead of getting a new text message from Chan Yeol, Chan Yeol ended up calling her.  

 

“Baek Hyun is making too much noise and the room is really warm right now. Noona, where’s Hyori? She’s at her class is it? You’re not practicing?” Chan Yeol asks.

 

“Hyori is at her class. I don’t have any practice until one of them get back, so I’m just warming my voice up at the practice room. Are you guys going to come here or are you guys going to rest?” Eun Mi asks Chan Yeol. She can never ask that question to Jun Myeon because he will end up teasing her for missing them. Being tease by Jun Myeon is like one of the worst thing that can happen in her life because teasing is her job to him not his job to her.

 

“I don’t know. I’m waiting for the others to wake up. I haven’t talk to Sparkle in such a long time. I think I’ve grown up to be a good man since then,” Eun Mi blink hearing his words. What is the connection between not talking to Sparkle and growing up? How he talks right now shows that he’s still the childish and crazy Park Chan Yeol.

 

“Chan Yeol-ah, don’t say something weird, I don’t know how to respond to it. I’m not Hyori, ok? Chan Yeol-ah? Chan Yeol-ah? Park Chan Yeol?” Eun Mi shook her head knowing that Chan Yeol must have fall asleep on the sofa again. Hyori once told Eun Mi that Chan Yeol have this habit of waking up early and call Hyori to talk to her, and then ended up sleeping on the couch in the living room, forgetting everything that happened. It’s not that he has short term memory but he seems to think that all that happened before that are dreams. Eun Mi ends the phone call and sends a text message to EXO-K’s phone.

 

“Our dear EXO-K members, if you’re coming to the company today for your practice, do tell Sparkle first. We’ll be at the basement for our practice today. Eun Mi.” Through text message, your true feelings won’t be conveyed. If text message can convey her true feelings, EXO’s might be crying, touched by how much she misses them right now. It’s not only Eun Mi though, all of the members feels the emptiness. They just don’t seem to be able to cope with the idea of not having EXO around since the one who had been lifting up the mood are EXO. EXO debuting make them feel a bit lonely, but at the same time more determined than ever, they want to debut faster, to be able to stand on stage that are made for them, to be with EXO and just show to the whole world how sincere and true their friendship are with each other.