The Duet

GAME

 

 

Noisy, loud, crowded, that’s how the announcement board looks like from far. They all just stood at their place, scared of what they’re seeing, and some of them feel nothing when they see the amount of trainees in front of the announcement board. The senior trainees just rub their eyes, sleepy from their late night training since they were busy helping the new trainees with the dorm. Tao, Jong Dae, Baek Hyun, and Min Yoong just stand behind their senior trainees who are supposed to be training with them. The noisy crowd suddenly turns silence looking at the large number of people standing in front of them. Eun Mi rub her sleepy eyes and put down her hoodie and turn around to see all the four new trainees have their head down, staring at the floor they’re standing at.

 

“Han Kyu Wan, Han Eun Mi, Kim Joon Myeon, Kim Moon Gyu, Park Chan Yeol, Kim Jong In, Lee Hyori, Jung Hyuna, Lee Jongyun, Oh Sehun, Do Kyungsoo, Lu Han, Kris, Zhang Yixing, Kim Min Seok, SUNBAE-NIM,” One of the old trainee said to all of them, clearly no respect from his tone of voice, but add the sunbae-nim at the end of his words to play around with their seniority title.

 

“Oh and who is this?” The trainee walks towards the new trainees behind the 15 of them, towards the new trainees. He does train longer than some of the name he just said. He enters the company together with Hyori and Hyuna but never get along well because he always think of himself as greater than anyone else. He does get high marks on evaluation test but never higher than any of the name he said.

 

“Kwang Soo, I got up today feeling very tired you know, I would usually let you do whatever you want but I’m not in the mood to entertain you today, so get lost,” Kris said holding onto the trainee Kwang Soo’s shoulder. After Eun Mi and Kyu Wan, a lot of people are scared of Kwang Soo because Kwang Soo always punishes them.

 

“Kris, I don’t think you understand the situation yet. They’re my juniors, they should be greeting me and some of the other trainees, don’t you think so?” Kwang Soo said. Kris look down towards Kwang Soo, who is even shorter than Kyu Wan and look towards the other trainees who are in front of the announcement board.

 

“They were hand down to us and we were told that they are our responsibilities. We didn’t plan on teaching them rudeness, so all of you, go to the MET room now, quick, they’ll do their official greetings to all of you. Satisfied? Don’t waste our time here, we want to see the announcement as well. And when I say now, I mean now,” The cool Kyu Wan suddenly turns strict that even Kwang Soo shivers at his voice. Probably same as Kris, Kyu Wan wake up feeling tired as well since all 19 of them slept very late.

 

Eun Mi scratch her heads wondering how did all of them gathered here and somehow turn out making a crowd of their own. Kyu Wan’s house have 7 people, Kris’s house have 7 people and her house only have 5 people. When she meet them at the lobby this morning, it didn’t seem like there are a lot of them but now when she sees them, they look like they’re a group of gangsters getting ready to beat people up with all of them wearing hoodies covering their face.

 

Kyuwan lives with Jong In, Moon Kyu, Chan Yeol, Kyung Soo, Se Hun, with the addition of Baek Hyun yesterday. Kris on the other hand lives with Yixing, Jun Myeon, Lu Han, Min Seok and with addition of Tao and Jong Dae. Yesterday they were a bit confuse when the staff ask Kyuwan to bring Jong Dae to his room with Kris and Yixing because they live in different house but going with the majority of the name she said, they decided that it’s the house Kris is living in. Eun Mi on the other hand lives with the other four girls, providing that their house is a bit smaller compared to the boys’ house.

 

“Hyung, we’re going to have duet performance in two weeks, and they have already decided our partner. We didn’t get to choose them,” Chan Yeol said to Kyu Wan who’s magically trying to sleep while standing on his spot. Kyu Wan quickly open his eyes and look at his duet partner. Apparently the duet will be boys-girls duet and girl-girl or boy-boy duet.

 

“My chingu!! We’re going to be partners! Don’t you love it??” Hyori quickly push Chan Yeol’s hands off her shoulders because she really hates it when Chan Yeol do that, as if he’s trying to show off how much taller he is compared to her.

 

“I actually wanted to do a duet with my twin!” Hyori said to Chan Yeol. Chan Yeol stuck out his tongue to Hyori and hug Jun Myeon and tell her that he plans on having duets with Jun Myeon when Jun Myeon then push Chan Yeol away from him. Hyuna look at them and shook her head, then look at her tall partner, she nods her head, liking her own partner since she can speak his language and their heights match each other as well.

 

“Tao, I’m Jung Hyuna noona. I’m going to be your duet partner!” Tao clearly is shock when he hears Hyuna talk in mandarin. Hyuna’s mother is from China, thus she knows how to speak mandarin and Cantonese.

 

“Noona!! Nice to meet you!” Tao said in korean, using the Korean language he learn from Minseok and Luhan last night.

 

“So are we going to speak in Korean or mandarin?” Hyuna ask in mandarin to Tao.

 

“Both. You teach me Korean as well, can you help me with that?” Tao answer in mandarin. Hyuna just nod her head. Tao walk towards Luhan and told him excitingly that his duet partner knows how to speak mandarin, how cool is that? Luhan just nod his head, while still searching for his name. Luhan then smile excitedly knowing that his partner would be Jongyun. He look around for Jongyun, only now admitting that the 19 of them are already crowded enough to make people feel confuse. Jongyun is sitting between Sehun and Jongin while her head is leaning on Sehun’s shoulder, trying to sleep.

 

“Yah Lee Jongyun, have you look at the announcement board?” Luhan asks Jongyun picking her up. She tries hard to not stand up and insisted on sleeping.

 

“Why hyung?” Sehun ask.

 

“Didn’t you hear what Chanyeol said? We’re going to have a duet performance in two weeks. Jongyun-ah, wake up! You’re going to be my duet partner!” Luhan said to Jongyun.

 

“Oh ok,” Jongyun said lifelessly, still trying to sleep because she knows after this they all need to go to the practice room.

 

“Yah, wake up, or lean on Jong In or anyone else, I need to look who’s my partner!” Sehun said nudging Jongyun. Jongyun tries to lean her head towards Jong In but Jong In hold her head and told her the same thing and ended up leaning on Luhan who quickly sit down at Jong In’s place.

 

“Didn’t you hurt your legs and you couldn’t dance yet? Why are you so sleepy?” Luhan asks.

 

“Oppa, I hurt my leg but I still have my hands. I practice choreography using my hands and didn’t use my right leg too much. Besides, it’s because of that that I need to practice more,” Jongyun said and then open her eyes.

 

“Where are you going?” Luhan asks.

 

“I need to check out who’s my partner,” Jongyun said.

 

“Were you sleep talking just now? I told you, you’re going to be my partner.” Luhan said again.

 

“Eh? Really? You said that? So you’re my partner? Assa!!” Jongyun said. Minyoong froze at her spot, not knowing what to do. Who is Do Kyung Soo? She’s still not used to SM Entertainment training system.

 

“Min Yoong, right? I’m Do Kyung Soo. You can just call me Kyung Soo oppa, you don’t have to call me sunbae-nim or things like that. We’re going to be duet partners.” Kyung Soo said introducing himself to the youngest in their own group of people.

 

“Kyung Soo oh… oh op…oppa, nice to meet you. I’m Park Min Yoong, I’m 18 years old,” Min Yoong said introducing herself again despite Kyung Soo already told her that he knows her.

 

“Relax Min Yoong, you don’t have to do all those drills around us but if you meet some other senior trainee, you might need to do so. You’re considered lucky to be one of the new trainee and already have them senior trainees as your group of friends. Hope we can work well together. Ok?” Kyung Soo said to Min Yoong and unknowingly his words really does help her in relaxing herself.

 

“Yah, why aren’t we partners? It’s really hard to see Nara around, how am I supposed to do a duet with her? You have her number, right? You need to give it to me later,” Kyu Wan said complaining that her partner isn’t Eun Mi. They are seriously trying to break the comfortable zone both of them are in. Eun Mi is shock as well to see that Kris is going to be her partner. They are close but they had never work with each other before. Eun Mi had work together with everyone in their group but she never once work with Kris.

 

“Refreshing, isn’t it? They’re putting both rappers to work together,” Kris said to Eun Mi.

 

“Very refreshing oppa. I don’t even know if our music match up or not. Guess we’ll find out when we start practicing,” Eun Mi said to Kris. Kris nod his head agreeing.

 

“I’m pretty sure it does! So, don’t worry. Let’s go to the practice room.” Kris said to Eun Mi. Eun Mi nod her head.

 

“Yah, what is this? You’re not a woman. The list clearly said that we’re going to have a girl-boy duet but why am I doing a duet with you?” Sehun said complaining by the fact that he’s going to do a duet with Jong In instead of other female trainees. Moon Kyu’s duet partner on the other hand would be the new trainee, Alex. Minseok partner will be Yoon Do Yeon, Yixing partner will be Noh Da Eun and Joon Myeon partner will be Yoo Seung Yeon. Everyone knows though that Noh Da Eun, Yoo Seung Yeon, Lee Nara and Yoon Do Yeon are trainees that they hardly ever see in the building because they are one of the top trainees thus making Kyu Wan, Minseok, Yixing and Jun Myeon quite nervous with it.