The Day

GAME

 

Hall 1, 3pm, the time and place for the duet performance to be held at and their watch each shows 2PM at the moment. Finishing their last bit of lunch, Kyu Wan reach for the keys in his pocket and proceed to the practice room that were previously used by Luhan, Jongyun, Tao and Hyuna for their practice, the place where they keep their shoes and other stuffs. Already being fully dressed in their performance dress, they enter the room to see 24 pair of shoes being nicely arranged side by side according to their own partner. They are dressed according to the genre of the song they’re performing today, thus revealing some new sides of themselves to each other.

 

Among all of them, Chan Yeol, Sehun, Jong In, Moon Gyu, Baek Hyun and Ye Heung are all pumped up, excited to perform on stage. Part of Chan Yeol’s excitement is because for the very first time, he’s seeing Hyori in a pink and black dress, matching his suits. Jong In, Moon Gyu, Ye Heung and Sehun on the other hand had always been excited for every single thing. Baek Hyun is excited for the first performance he’ll be having since he entered the company. The excited Baek Hyun actually helps in bringing down Min Yoong’s level of nervousness.

 

“You’re like a secret agent!” Kyu Wan commented on Eun Mi’s stage attire. Eun Mi smile at his brother and continue putting on his boots. Kyu Wan then look at Eun Mi’s partner, Kris who is wearing almost the same thing with Eun Mi but in Kyu Wan’s eyes, instead of looking like a secret agent, Kris looks like an assassin in his attire. Another couple who gives off the same vibe are Hyuna and Tao. Hyuna’s attire are quite similar to Eun Mi, and she wears boots as well, and there’s very little difference between Tao’s attire with Kris’s attire.

 

Luhan enters the room after changing into his suit and went straight to where he remembers he put his shoes at. His eyes are roaming looking for any sign of Jongyun who he hasn’t seen ever since they finish eating. Sweating, he looks at the mirror in front of him and take care of his hair so that it will be in perfect shape. While shaping his hair, he sees a pair of hand reaching for the shoes next to him which he knows belong to Jongyun. He shifted his body to his right and sees Jongyun wearing a beautiful dress that match his suit. He just can’t take his eyes off Jongyun that Jongyun had to slap his arm painfully to make sure he’s breathing.

 

Min Yoong peeks in the crowded practice room and call for Eun Mi and her other dorm mates because she feel embarrassed wearing her dress. When she were in DSP, every performance are just done normally without having to wear any formal dress that suits the song but somehow in SM, they’re doing it like this, so she’s kind of embarrass since it’s her first time wearing a dress. With the help from her dorm mates, Min Yoong walk in the practice room still wearing her sneakers towards Baek Hyun and Kyung Soo who have their mouth open widely at how pretty Min Yoong looks in a dress. Baek Hyun and Kyung Soo’s suits match her dress perfectly. Baek Hyun then runs to her high heels and help her in wearing it. For the first time since Min Yoong met Baek Hyun, she feels that he is a nice gentleman.

 

The practice room turns silence when Da Eun’s alarm clock rings loudly, signs that they only have 15 minutes and they need to move to the hall right away. Usually SM test don’t require them to wears formal dress, and they don’t even have to make up themselves unless it’s the final year evaluation. This time, by making a surprise performance, they want to see how much have the trainees learn for all these years since they learn a lot of things. The 24 people in the room walk out of the practice room in an orderly manner and Kyu Wan locks the practice room door, keeping safe all their stuffs and walk towards the hall. Some of their seniors will be there to watch their performance as well.

 

After voting for their performance turn, they all sits according to their performance turn. The first trainee to perform is Kim Kwang Soo with his partner. Both of them had been trained in the company for four years, but because of their desire to win each other, their duet sounds really bad as Kwang Soo and her partner both are trying to overshadow each other. Even though they’re not in good terms with Kwang Soo, they’re a bit disappointed with Kwang Soo’s greed to win over his own partner.

 

“Can everyone clap your hands please?” They all clap their hands hearing Sehun’s voice. Sehun and Jong In come out wearing the exact animal costume DBSK’s wore for Balloons and start performing their duet performance. Their performance brings the mood in the hall up and they receive a loud applaud from the audience. After Jong In and Sehun, Moon Gyu and Alex perform their song and receive another loud applaud from other trainees.

 

Min Yoong, Kyung Soo and Baek Hyun take the microphone from Jong In and Sehun and get ready for their performance. They wish good luck to each other and went on stage right when Kyu Wan finish his performance with his partner. When the song starts, Min Yoong walk on stage and start singing her part from the song Inconsolable by Backstreet Boys. They sings the song just like how Hyuna arrange the song but instead of singing the last chorus together, they let Baek Hyun sings the last chorus on his own since his part of the song is really short compared to the two of them.

 

When Baek Hyun, Min Yoong and Kyung Soo puts down their microphone, the hall was left in silence, awe by how powerful their voice are. While walking down the stage, Min Yoong nearly falls but Baek Hyun manage to catch her before she falls and he smiles at her while holding her hands back to their seat. Two more couple perform after them and then it’s Tao and Hyuna’s turn to perform. Some of the trainees are shock to see Hyuna on stage. Hyuna had always been so soft and calm, very lady-like and her image on stage right now is like the opposite of her. Tao and Hyuna start performing their duet song, As Long As I Love You by Wilber Pan and Lee Hyori.

 

“It’s like seeing Hyuna turning to the dark side after being poisoned by Eun Mi,” Jun Myeon said to Eun Mi, earning him a hard punch on his arm. Some of the old trainees feel quite dissatisfied by the fact that the new trainees which they saw during the greeting session are doing really well with their performance today.

 

Luhan and Jongyun walk on stage and start performing Nagging by IU and Seulong with cute dance step. At first Luhan and Jongyun have their back turn against each other, doing their own ment and when the music start, they face each other and Jongyun starts making gestures of nagging to Luhan. While performing, they both were reminded to the time when Jongyun nag to Luhan about his injured wrist. After finish singing her part, Jongyun turns her back again and Luhan start joking around with her to cool her down. When the chorus start, both of them dance cutely to the song and start singing sweetly to each other.

 

Both Luhan and Jongyun walk down the stage, feeling extremely happy that they did well in their performance despite it’s the first time they sing a song with a high key. Three couple did their performance afterwards and then it’s Chan Yeol and Hyori’s turn. The song they choose to perform is When I have a Lover by G.NA and Rain. Hyori and Chan Yeol walk on stage together. Chan Yeol first got on his knees, pretending to propose to her to be his girlfriend. After that the song starts and Chan Yeol walks and stands behind Hyori, secretly listening to her own wish. When the chorus starts, both of them start dancing together, though Chan Yeol is dancing behind her. When Chan Yeol part came in, Chan Yeol pretends to magically appear and tells her his wish while holding her hands. The dance was choreographed by both of them and when they finish performing, the loudest shout came from Kris and Eun Mi who didn’t even realize that they’re supposed to get ready to perform after the couple performing after Chan Yeol and Hyori.

 

“Yah get ready! It’s your turn after this!” Jun Myeon told Eun Mi and Kris who are still busy cheering for Hyori and Chan Yeol.  Eun Mi and Kris stands up and went backstage right away, getting their microphone. They did a last warm up and when the couple before them finishes performing, they get on stage right away.

 

Eun Mi stand in the middle of the stage with her mic stand, closing her eyes, taking the right feel of the song before the music starts. When the music starts, Kris stands beside her, without a mic stand since he’ll be rapping for the first verse. The song starts and everyone was shock to know that the song they’ll be performing is actually Numb by Linkin Park. Everyone is aware that the song key is high and both Eun Mi and Kris voice isn’t that high. Ignoring the worried face they have, they start singing the song.

 

Eun Mi start singing the first verse, playing with the props they choose to use, and take away her mic from the mic stand when the chorus starts. When the chorus nearly ends, Eun Mi and Kris change place and Kris use the mic stand for the second verse. When the second verse nearly ends, when Eun Mi sings the “caught in the undertow” part, he take away his mic from the mic stand and throw away the mic stand and both of them start singing the chorus part. Everyone is not that worried about the chorus part because they know both of them can do it, but they’re nervous about the part after the second chorus.

 

“And I know I may end up failing too…
But I know you were just like me with someone disappointed in you”
Eun Mi kneel down on the stage to make sure she reach the right key of the song and when she does, everyone in the hall start applauding, admitting that even though everyone challenge themselves to go for a higher key, Eun Mi challenge herself more than they do.

 

Walking down the stage after finishing their performance, Eun Mi falls down on the stairs, her knee feels weak, her breath is short and she is still shock by the fact that she manage to do that part. Kris ended up carrying her bridal style because no matter how many times he calls her name, though her eyes are open, there’s no reaction from her. When the staffs offers to send her to the hospital, Kyu Wan rejected the offer and just lay her on the chair, slowly closing her eyes.