Valentine's Day.

Writers Strike VST One shot collection

 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
title: Valentine's Day.
requested by: not_me.
characters: Yoon Soochan, Kim Key & Lee Jaejin.
oneshot writer: iamaninjadude.
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
 
"You still owe me McDonalds."
 
"Bastard. Leave me alone."
 
-
 
"Soochan!" She turned to my loud, snoring brother, Doojoon. Couldn't be him, he was fast asleep. Snore. Snore. 
 
"Soochan!" She turned to the TV screen. Possibly, was Dae Woong calling out her name? Or was it the Gumiho? Soochan slapped her forehead while she shook her head.
 
"SOOCHAN!" That's when she realized it was coming from outside of her house. She looked at the window and saw Jaejin standing there, was going to yell her name loudly again when he saw her peering at the window. She opened the window and yelled at him, "what are you doing here, Jaejin-ah? I thought you're on a date."
 
Jaejin grinned and lifted a picnic basket for her to see. "Neh, I'm going on a date with you. Would you care to come?"
 
She hesitated at first. Jaejin and her were the best of friends, together with another guy named Key (which will be introduced later in the story) and she wasn't sure if it would be awkward between the two of them after their date. Soochan looked at Jaejin's face. He was smiling widely, hoping she'll say yes, which he knew she will; Soochan never resisted his trademark smile. "Aish, fine, but only because I can't take any more of Doojoon's snoring."
 
He hopped in joy and waited for her outside while Soochan ran to her bedroom and changed into something appropriate to wear in a picnic. Once done, she wore her favorite yellow flip-flops and went outside the house. Jaejin was in his motorcycle wearing a helmet. His eyes twinkled when he saw her in a casual beige dress. She looked beautiful.
 
"Where are you planning to take me, Jaejin-ah?" she asked once she hopped behind him. Jaejin handed another helmet as she wore it on. 
 
"Just hold on tight, okay." Soochan nodded and wrapped her arms around Jaejin's waist. Jaejin felt himself blushing before he turned the engine on and drove off.
 
RING. RING. RING ~~
 
"Yeoboseyo?" Doojoon said in a groggy voice. "Kibum-ah?"
 
"Yah! I told you call me Key, Doojoon hyung!" Key rolled his eyes and leaned to the phone. "Can I talk to Soochan?"
 
Doojoon looked around the living room, noticed that My Girlfriend Is A Gumiho was done. There was no sign of Soochan. "Ah, Soochan's not here."
 
"What do you mean?" Key was surprised. It was Valentine's Day and the last thing he heard, his best friend Soochan was innocent when it comes to dating and wouldn't go out with anyone for today. Key felt agitated. Where could she possibly be? Who could she possibly be with? "Is she out in a date or something?"
 
"How should I know? I'm not her mother." The ever annoying brother couldn't care less about his sister's love life. "Go ask Jaejin, maybe he knows. I'm hanging up."
 
Key scoffed. Bastard. 'When I marry your sister, I'll never let you sleep on our couch when you go unemployed.' He smiled at the idea. Marrying Soochan? That would be nice and sweet. Key dialled Jaejin's number and counted the number of rings before Jaejin answered his call. "Jaejin-ah, do you know where Soochan is?" he asked while playing the buttons of his plaud shirt. "Doojoon said she's not home."
 
"Aniyo, I don't know," Jaejin quickly replied. "Dude, I'm on a date okay? I'll call you later. Bye!" 
 
Soochan looked at Jaejin after drinking her orange juice. "Who was that, Jaejin-ah? Was it Kibum?" 
 
Jaejin nervously looked at her and rubbed the back of his neck. "Eh, it was nobody important." Jaejin pulled the soccer ball out of his bag and tossed it in the air. "Wanna play?" But he didn't have to ask. Soochan was already standing up, playing with the soccer ball kicking them around. Jaejin looked back at his phone then gazed at Soochan. 'Mianhae, Kibum-ah. I know what you feel about her, and I want to win her first.'
 
Jaejiin stood up and walked to Soochan. "Soochan, can I ask you something?" Soochan nodded and dropped the ball on the floor. "Do you like me?"
 
"Of course, Jaejin-ah!" Soochan tackled him to the ground, hugging him really tightly. "I like you very much!" He chuckled. 'Aish, I'll just ask you tomorrow then.' "And why don't you call me oppa?" He grabbed her hand and started playing with it. "From now on, you'll call me oppa and only me, araso?" 
 
Soochan nodded, smiling. "What about Kibum?" Jaejin quickly shook his head. "No. You'll still call him Kibum, but you'll call me oppa."
 
-
 
"Kibum called, where were you anyway?" Soochan rolled her eyes and threw a bag of take-out McDonalds at her lazy brother, who didn't seem to leave to the couch since she left this morning. Doojoon joyfully feasted on the meal she brought him. "Yah, call him back okay? I think he's worried about you."
 
Soochan wondered, but took the phone anyway. "Why would he be worried though?" She called his cellphone.
 
"I TOLD YOU DOOJOON, I'M NOT BUYING YOU DINNER--" "Kibum-ah! It's Soochan!"
 
Key stopped. "Soochan? Aigoo, where were you?! I was so worried! Your dumb brother didn't know where you are and--"
 
"Kibum-ah, calm down," she chuckled. "I was just out on a date with Jaejin oppa."
 
O__O 'Date?! Jaejin?! OPPA?!' "D-Date? With J-Jaejin?" Soochan replied a yes. 'Why did Jaejin tell me he wasn't with her then?' "And since when did you start calling him oppa? You don't even call your own brother oppa? What makes Jaejin special?" He was beginning to feel jealous. 'She should be calling me oppa! NOT JAEJIN!' 
 
"Eh, he told me to start calling him oppa on our date," she said. "AISH, DOOJOON LOOK WHAT YOU DID! Kibum-ah, I gotta go, Doojoon spilled ketchup all over the carpet."
 
She hang up. Key turned his phone off and stared at his room's ceiling. 'Could it be... Jaejin's my competition?'
 
-
 
"OPPA!" Jaejin turned around with a smile. He knew who it was. "Are you hungry? Let's go buy something to eat."
 
Jaejin nodded. "Wait, before we go eat, I have to tell you something..." Soochan nodded, letting him know to go on and she was listening. Jaejin rubbed his palms on his jeans then hid them inside the pockets. He really didn't know how to confess to a girl, he'd never done it before, especially to Soochan- must be the most gorgeous and closest friend he'd ever had. "The truth is, I like you a lot, and I was wondering if you would want to date me?"
 
Soochan blinked. She wasn't expecting this.
 
But Key did. "Yo! Wassup?" he asked in his accented English. "How's it going, kiddos? Leaving without me again?"
 
"Kibum-ah, now's not the right time," Soochan whispered. Key looked at the both of them. Jaejin was looking on the ground, waiting for answer, while Soochan was looking on the sky, probably searching for her answer though. Key quickly grabbed her hand and dragged her away to the park, far far away from where Jaejin was. At first Jaejin was chasing after them but when they got to the hill, they lost him. He turned back at Soochan who was panting heavily. "What was that for, Kibum-ah?!"
 
Key, in reply, cupped her cheeks and pressed his lips against hers. Soochan didn't know how to react. This was her first kiss. Her heart, that was beating fast, made her feel glad it was him who was her first kiss. Key pulled out and looked deeply at her eyes, gently her face. "I like you, Soochan. And I hope you feel the same way."
 
Soochan grabbed his hand and enclosed it with his. "You know when I was on a date with Jaejin yesterday, it felt like I was having a picnic with Doojoon." Soochan leaned closer and quickly pecked his lips. Key smiled. "And with you, it just feels different - even if it's Valentine's Day no more."
 
"Go on..." Key smirked. "I think I'm going to like what I'll see."
 
She shook her head, still holding his hand and pulled him back to where Jaejin was. "Jaejin deserves an answer, first."
 
-
 
"You still owe me McDonalds."
 
"Bastard. Leave me alone."
 
"But I'M HUNGRY!! FEED ME!!"
 
"Can you two, shut up?" Dr. Lee turned back to Soochan. "Mrs. Kim, one more push okay?"
 
Doojoon rolled his eyes while Key turned back to Soochan as well. Doojoon leaned to the doctor's and peered at the, could be the most disgusting thing he had ever seen, baby. "Oh my gosh! My eyes! Kibum, your kid is so ugly!"
 
"I told you to call me Key, you bastard!"
 
"THAT'S IT! YOU TWO, OUT! NOW!" Soochan yelled.
 
"Sorry baby," Key pouted.